Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin-QT: System Error: Database Corrupted - page 2. (Read 14072 times)

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
I thought I'd simply uninstall and reinstall.

If you never used any addresses from your wallet, you can wipe the entire Bitcoin data directory and restart the client and it will re-create all the files it needs.
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I got same thing. Advice is the software is totally OTT for retail. And bugged as well.

Just use a different wallet app / website. You can import wallet.dat from BitCoin-QT install. Save you many hours of unnecessary worry / wasted processing.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I'm new to BitCoin and intend to use it primarily for retail (not mining).  Started downloading BitCoin-QT, this weekend.  For reasons relating to power supply, I shut it down before it was finished building the blockchain database.  When I started up BitCoin-QT, this AM I received an error "System Error: Database Corrupted".  I relaunched and received the same error. 

Since I had not yet done anything with the app, other than start building the blockchain data, I thought I'd simply uninstall and reinstall.  I still get the same error. 

Any advice on how to get this fixed?
Pages:
Jump to: