Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin-Qt/bitcoind version 0.7.1 released - page 2. (Read 8824 times)

Activity: 605
Merit: 500
October 28, 2012, 07:51:04 PM
Hi All

I am having problems with ubuntu 64 bit 12.10 and bitcoin-qt 0.7.1.. Both fresh install.. I get no gui?? Can see bitcoind running in system resources??  Huh

Anyone else having the same prob??
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1008
October 27, 2012, 11:59:35 AM
Can't update bitcoin-qt using the PPA on ubuntu 12.10 quantal.
I see on the browser it's supposed to be there, but the update doesn't find it, nor it comes listed on the Software center.
Sounds like your package info is outdated. Try opening up terminal and running
Code:
sudo apt-get update
Then run
Code:
sudo apt-get install bitcoin-qt
If that doesn't work, post the output of
Code:
apt-cache policy bitcoin-qt
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
October 26, 2012, 06:52:42 PM
Can't update bitcoin-qt using the PPA on ubuntu 12.10 quantal.
I see on the browser it's supposed to be there, but the update doesn't find it, nor it comes listed on the Software center.
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
October 25, 2012, 08:09:58 AM
@Diapolo: thanks for forwarding it to a more appropriate place!

I admit, I felt like trying to avoid the umpty+1st registration to
yet another bugtracking system (already have a sourceforge login,
and a couple others, but haven't used git so far).

In case I find more bugs, I'll consider registering.
Activity: 769
October 25, 2012, 06:00:37 AM
In the thread for 0.7.1rc1 I reported a bug, and the final 0.7.1 still has it:
   https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1273313

Just wondering, if no one else can reproduce it, or if no one else of
you following these threads ever uses the "move" command.

I opened an issue for this:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/1960

You are free to do this everytime you observe issues Smiley.

Dia
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
October 25, 2012, 05:17:35 AM
In the thread for 0.7.1rc1 I reported a bug, and the final 0.7.1 still has it:
   https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1273313

Just wondering, if no one else can reproduce it, or if no one else of
you following these threads ever uses the "move" command.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
October 23, 2012, 07:23:16 AM
@LightRider
I need to understand, when did you reboot and realized that helped? Seems a little weird to me. Perhaps there were orphan instances running, which went away after the reboot.

Dia

Upgraded -> Started bitcoin -> Tried donation links which failed -> Quit bitcoin -> Found multiple donation link processes and force closed them -> Tried starting bitcoin again, but would get no gui or unresponsive gui -> Tried your suggestion and got same result -> Reboot machine -> bitcoin works fine
Activity: 501
October 23, 2012, 03:46:18 AM
Strange: I use 0.7.1 on 2 different PC with no issues (I've upgraded them from 0.6.3 to 0.7 and then 0.7.1). Do you've compiled yourself the program or you're using the precompiled version?
Give a try at the RPM version or try to remove the blk* files in the bitcoin directory

On other machines it runs correctly, but they handle a lot less addresses/transactions, and yes, I tried to download the blockchain from scratch, but the issue appeared again.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
October 23, 2012, 02:54:04 AM
I am experiencing some problems after upgrading from 0.6.3 to 0.7.1 on the bitcoind that I use to process pyramining deposits and payouts. It is running on Linux (OpenSuSE 11.2).

My upgrade procedure:
- stopped 0.6.3 bitcoind
- replaced binaries with 0.7.1 ones
- started 0.7.1 bitcoind

At first, I had to download again all the blockchain because for some reason it was displaying the message "WARNING: Displayed transactions may not be correct!  You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade.", and I didn't find out how to repair it.

After the blockchain has been downloaded, it started working as expected, but after about 20 hours, I found it hung up and unresponsive. No way to stop it or kill it, even with -9.

After a reboot it started and worked well for a couple of hours, then the same trouble appeared again.

Environment:
ATOM D2500 dual core (64bit arch), 4GB/ram, 60Gb SSD, 100mbit/s ip connectivity, OpenSuSE Linux 12.1.
wallet.dat is around 200MB in size.

Behaviour: after working normally for few hours, it freezes. Debug log displays RPC commands, but they never return any result.

I am currently downgrading to 0.6.3, I will keep an eye open to see if the issue disappears using this version.

Strange: I use 0.7.1 on 2 different PC with no issues (I've upgraded them from 0.6.3 to 0.7 and then 0.7.1). Do you've compiled yourself the program or you're using the precompiled version?
Give a try at the RPM version or try to remove the blk* files in the bitcoin directory
October 23, 2012, 02:21:54 AM
@LightRider
I need to understand, when did you reboot and realized that helped? Seems a little weird to me. Perhaps there were orphan instances running, which went away after the reboot.

Dia
legendary
October 23, 2012, 01:46:51 AM
Using the donation link on TBF's website does not yield expected behavior. There is no error message indicating that bitcoin is already running, but no apparent action is taken by the running client.

In addition, clicking on the link multiple times creates multiple instances of the bitcoin process, but the user cannot see any affects of them starting. I didn't notice until I checked process explorer and noticed them running. Also, when the client is not running, clicking the link creates a process but no gui appears at all, neither the window nor the tray icon.

This is the command line of the spawned process:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe" "bitcoin:1BTCorgHwCg6u2YSAWKgS17qUad6kHmtQW?label=Bitcoin+Foundation+Donation"

Did you use the installer for upgrading 0.7.1? What OS are you using?
Can you please start regedit.exe and post what is listed as (default) in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bitcoin\shell\open\command.

Did you give the client time to start-up before hammering that link over and over?

Thanks,
Dia

Yes. Win7x64.
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe" "%1"

I tried it with both the program running and with the program not running. In both instances, the link spawned new processes that appeared to do nothing.

Now that I check, the bitcoin program does not start up properly now. I cannot get a responsive gui.

You can try deleting the contents of "C:\ProgramData\boost_interprocess" when the client is shutdown and report back.

Dia

Doing this did not improve the situation.

However, after a restart, the gui appears and is responsive. Also, the donation link works. I think you should add a reboot step in the upgrade instructions. Thanks for your help, and for another release!
Activity: 501
October 22, 2012, 09:04:12 PM
I am experiencing some problems after upgrading from 0.6.3 to 0.7.1 on the bitcoind that I use to process pyramining deposits and payouts. It is running on Linux (OpenSuSE 11.2).

My upgrade procedure:
- stopped 0.6.3 bitcoind
- replaced binaries with 0.7.1 ones
- started 0.7.1 bitcoind

At first, I had to download again all the blockchain because for some reason it was displaying the message "WARNING: Displayed transactions may not be correct!  You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade.", and I didn't find out how to repair it.

After the blockchain has been downloaded, it started working as expected, but after about 20 hours, I found it hung up and unresponsive. No way to stop it or kill it, even with -9.

After a reboot it started and worked well for a couple of hours, then the same trouble appeared again.

Environment:
ATOM D2500 dual core (64bit arch), 4GB/ram, 60Gb SSD, 100mbit/s ip connectivity, OpenSuSE Linux 12.1.
wallet.dat is around 200MB in size.

Behaviour: after working normally for few hours, it freezes. Debug log displays RPC commands, but they never return any result.

I am currently downgrading to 0.6.3, I will keep an eye open to see if the issue disappears using this version.
October 22, 2012, 05:49:07 PM
Using the donation link on TBF's website does not yield expected behavior. There is no error message indicating that bitcoin is already running, but no apparent action is taken by the running client.

In addition, clicking on the link multiple times creates multiple instances of the bitcoin process, but the user cannot see any affects of them starting. I didn't notice until I checked process explorer and noticed them running. Also, when the client is not running, clicking the link creates a process but no gui appears at all, neither the window nor the tray icon.

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe" "bitcoin:1BTCorgHwCg6u2YSAWKgS17qUad6kHmtQW?label=Bitcoin+Foundation+Donation"

Can you please start regedit.exe and post what is listed as (default) in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bitcoin\shell\open\command.

Did you give the client time to start-up before hammering that link over and over?

Thanks,
Dia

Yes. Win7x64.
Code:

I tried it with both the program running and with the program not running. In both instances, the link spawned new processes that appeared to do nothing.

Now that I check, the bitcoin program does not start up properly now. I cannot get a responsive gui.

You can try deleting the contents of "C:\ProgramData\boost_interprocess" when the client is shutdown and report back.

Dia
legendary
October 22, 2012, 05:42:41 PM

Code:

Thanks,
Dia

Yes. Win7x64.
Code:

October 22, 2012, 07:47:52 AM

Code:

Thanks,
Dia
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
October 22, 2012, 02:40:54 AM
thank you
legendary
October 21, 2012, 06:25:24 PM

Code:
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
October 21, 2012, 04:08:03 PM

Moved to main branch of distro. Now the package is here: http://www.openmamba.org/distribution/distromatic.html?tag=devel&pkg=bitcoin.i586
Every time it'll be updated and accepted in main branch the package will be put there
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
October 21, 2012, 01:18:45 PM
Any way to have the client say "Hey update me theres a new one!"

I'm always missing out on the new updates Sad
Activity: 89
Merit: 13
October 21, 2012, 07:48:52 AM
Installed and running/catching up on blockchain on Win7 64.
Thanks folks.
Pages:
Jump to: