Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Question and Traditional Markets - page 2. (Read 314 times)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
December 20, 2019, 01:37:22 AM
Completely possible. But that's it. It's only a possibility. Various government institutions, exchanges, and companies need to have a consensus regarding these types of possible improvements and/or issues before such plans could go through. Pretty much Government policies right now remove BTC from the market of most major companies with their rules so BTC has had limited development as of late towards this.

Sides, you could actually see cryptocurrency and the government and various major companies as two sides of a coin. They can't meet yet and well they refuse to actually meet.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145
December 20, 2019, 01:33:25 AM
it might happen. because bitcoin hasn't been over yet. bitcoin is still ongoing with its development. I still believe, one day bitcoin can be used for real finance. traditional trading or for real stocks. buy real products, stocks, commodities, etc. using bitcoin. I believe that can happen. only need time to realize it.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 332
December 20, 2019, 12:16:52 AM
Your desired scenario could be possible in the future, only if the governments finally accept and adopt bitcoin as a legal currency. Then at that time, stock exchanges would give option to pay using cryptocurrency, or have a trading pair with BTC/Share.

Though that scenario is still far from happening. There are lots of hinders to such adoption. At one point, the government wants to mint their own coin and release it to the public, to still give them control over the currency.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
December 19, 2019, 09:59:13 PM
This is possible. Abra just launched this kind of service, I have seen this news before but until now I haven't used them.

Abra launches new stock trading service that turns your $BTC into $FB

Is this exactly what you're looking for?

Thats a good find. I'm going to do some due diligence.  Cheers!
Great.

You should try it with due diligence but it's known that Abra is also a reputed company/exchange but they don't have the web app which where I'm always with that's why I can't try them until now.

It requires you to download their app, anyway, they are safe to use.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
December 19, 2019, 06:36:48 PM
When do you think that Stocks and other traditional financial derivatives will be connected to Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies?

Is this even possible? And if this was possible , could we see futures using BTC to short example GOOGLE?

Or if i wanted to trade my BTC for Google stocks , is that possible?

On the major Wall Street exchanges, BTC base pairs would require Bitcoin becoming a unit of account. We're probably many years away from that, if ever.

You used to be able to short Google and similar stocks on 1Broker using BTC collateral. They were shut down by the SEC. SimpleFX offers (offered?) similar features but I can no longer find a list of available stocks on there.....only forex, crypto, and indices. They may have closed the stock markets after 1Broker was taken down. These are just CFD markets anyway; they aren't like owning real stock.
Activity: 67
Merit: 6
December 19, 2019, 06:02:05 PM
When do you think that Stocks and other traditional financial derivatives will be connected to Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies?
There are two ways you can take this:
1. will bitcoin be tradable directly for stocks?
2. will stocks be put on the blockchian?

1. You can use a go-between such as fiat to convert cyrptocurrency to stock on exchange sites such as etoro (there are probably others but I've used etoro).
2. This is possible but I don't actually think it should or will be done because it could be possible for someone to own everything. If they wanted to, it wouldn't be hard to do it but you'd ve to make it so it will be difficult to upgrade the network without a certain consensus and a certain timelock to avoid sabatage.

Is this even possible? And if this was possible , could we see futures using BTC to short example GOOGLE?
Generally to short something you need someone else to long it. It would probably get really confusing trying to do things like longing bitcoin with gold and the derivatives markets that sell contracts just get annoying because it's how companies print money when done badly (and a lot of companies like to do things badly and worry about it later, normally when the company has gone to another ceo and that ceo is on a boat somewhere untouchably enjoying their retirement)...

Hmm interesting. I think that would make sense potentially if they were to turn a BTC ETF into a tradable commodity but i would be very wary of Paper Bitcoin being issued in the market. But if they did , they would need to do this with gold / silver / platinum etc. But if that happens , do we end up with a potential gold standard?

This is possible. Abra just launched this kind of service, I have seen this news before but until now I haven't used them.

Thats a good find. I'm going to do some due diligence.  Cheers!
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
December 19, 2019, 04:27:06 PM

Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 402
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
December 19, 2019, 01:48:54 PM

I think this is possible in the future, but it depends on governments. They will probably prefer to bring cryptocurrency into their world rather than go into crypto world. So, you will likely follow their difficult rules before you'll be allowed to participate.,whereas in real Crypto world (which is basically a decentralized world) rules are quite straightforward and not too hard.
We can only be sure of trading decentralized "companies" in the future

I think there are companies that offer similar  service... I am not sure though
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
December 19, 2019, 01:29:56 PM
There are two ways you can take this:
1. will bitcoin be tradable directly for stocks?
2. will stocks be put on the blockchian?

1. You can use a go-between such as fiat to convert cyrptocurrency to stock on exchange sites such as etoro (there are probably others but I've used etoro).
2. This is possible but I don't actually think it should or will be done because it could be possible for someone to own everything. If they wanted to, it wouldn't be hard to do it but you'd ve to make it so it will be difficult to upgrade the network without a certain consensus and a certain timelock to avoid sabatage.

Generally to short something you need someone else to long it. It would probably get really confusing trying to do things like longing bitcoin with gold and the derivatives markets that sell contracts just get annoying because it's how companies print money when done badly (and a lot of companies like to do things badly and worry about it later, normally when the company has gone to another ceo and that ceo is on a boat somewhere untouchably enjoying their retirement)...
Activity: 67
Merit: 6
December 19, 2019, 12:53:04 PM

Pages:
Jump to: