Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin really is useful. Just not in the way you think - page 2. (Read 1720 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 255
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
I wish that everybody just agree that being part of camp 2 is the real path to take. And about that 'bitcoin=scam' way of thinking we all know that only people who don't know how bitcoin works exactly think that way.
Everyone else with sufficient knowledge about cryptocurrencies will just laugh at this statement.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
The article is pretty stupid.
There are way more camps, than mentioned in it.
Your opinion is subjective thus pretty invalid. If you're going to start mentioning camps of people who understand Bitcoin but think that altcoins are superior forget about it. This is the wrong section to be endorsing altcoins, actually the wrong forum.

The Bitcoin world has been divided into three camps:

• those who think that bitcoin must be a scam;
  • those who think it’s one of the most interesting technological developments in decades;
  • and (the vast majority) those who have no idea what the fuss is about.
Actually this list is pretty correct. We don't have to narrow it to every single camp. One would also be named Dank camp, or BADecker camp; however, that's just unnecessary.

camp 2 feels good.
It sure does. Sometimes I get the feeling that our minds are far ahead than those of the people in camp 1 and 3.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
there are also those that don't care about it, but they aren't necesarly the same people that don't know what bitcoin is, the article is pretty restricted, on the general options, that can be perceive from the bitcoin world

there are sub categories, like those who think that it is a ponzi/scam but then they are actually investing in it...

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
The article is pretty stupid.
There are way more camps, than mentioned in it.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
You forgot the people who don't even know what the hell is that. I don't think they fit in category 3.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
I am sure that the majority of people will say they belong to camp 2.

Personally, I think there are more than 3 camps.
The ones who see it as money making opportunity for example.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I am the one in camp two. It is definitely the techonology revolution, and will change the currency ecosystem in the future for the idea of digital encryption currency. It is the tendency.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
While I applaud the use of the blockchain for other decentralised services I wish people would see that MOST of these articles that are saying the Blockchain tech is useful are really just another concerted effort to negate Bitcoin as a currency. They all start with well of course Bitcoin is BS as a currency BUT hey we can use it for something good anyway. This is simply a development of the onslaught of negative press related to Bitcoin.

The best lies are the ones with half truths. Bitcoin is a currency and has the 'potential' to turn the world upside down and rid the world of financial corruption at the core i.e. the FED if its accepted by the masses. Don't believe any article that suggests to you otherwise.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
I think the example of transferring rights is a good one! The blockchain can be used as a a giant legal log as well. Just post your invention in the blockchain and you have prior art. nice Cheesy
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I don't meet too many people tha tthink it is a scam, mostly I meet people that don't understand what it is or why it has value.  My general answer is "it has value because people agree that it does."  To this they may respond by saying its not backed by gold, or whatever.  But then I say that gold is only valuable because we all agree that it is.  Anyway that is hoe the usual conversation goes.

I don't think that you have to know anything about cryptography to understand how it works.  Its the same as your car motor: most people are not chemists or physicists, but you can still explain the basic mechanism to most people.  If the blockchain is explained in a way that is accessible then most people should get the idea. 

BTW am I allowed to be in two of those camps?  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
camp 2 feels good.
Activity: 903
Merit: 1000
LakeBTC.com
The Bitcoin world has been divided into three camps:

• those who think that bitcoin must be a scam;
  • those who think it’s one of the most interesting technological developments in decades;
  • and (the vast majority) those who have no idea what the fuss is about.

[...]

I can also see why laypeople are baffled by bitcoin because the thing that makes it work – the “blockchain” – is based on the kind of arcane cryptography that, like the peace of God in the Bible, passeth all understanding. As such, it looks like a species of black magic and something that is therefore best avoided.

All of which is understandable but unfortunate, because the technology underpinning cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin may turn out to be both transformational and benign in ways that we are just beginning to appreciate.

[...]

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/23/bitcoin-really-useful-not-in-way-you-think
Pages:
Jump to: