Author

Topic: Bitcoin reduces unemployment - page 194. (Read 100516 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
June 07, 2017, 06:45:39 PM
I don't believe that bitcoin reduces unemployment. It has provided an additional earning opportunity through the different promotion programs that pay in terms of bitcoin and other altcoins as well ICO tokens.
but I am sure about the fact that bitcoin has reduce unemployment, I have a personal evidence about that, I have some friends who were unemployment in real life. I just thought them about bitcoin and they invested a little amount in trading altcoin, now I it too much happy to hear that they are really earning a good amount of bitcoin and I am feeling proud to say that bitcoin has really changed their life style.

Good for you and your friends.

As for the actual "unemployment" number reported.  Unless anyone is reporting their income from Bitcoin, they're not going to be categorized as "employed".  In the situations where someone had a job and quit in order to pursue Bitcoin opportunities, they may actually increase the unemployment rate.

As for the real unemployment (not how the US calculates it) I would think there would be opportunities for people that otherwise wouldn't have them.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
June 07, 2017, 04:57:58 PM
Bitcoin increases unemployment because it is limited supply contrary to usd. Its value gradually increase so people don't invest in any business.
Activity: 350
June 07, 2017, 04:43:30 PM
I don't believe that bitcoin reduces unemployment. It has provided an additional earning opportunity through the different promotion programs that pay in terms of bitcoin and other altcoins as well ICO tokens.
but I am sure about the fact that bitcoin has reduce unemployment, I have a personal evidence about that, I have some friends who were unemployment in real life. I just thought them about bitcoin and they invested a little amount in trading altcoin, now I it too much happy to hear that they are really earning a good amount of bitcoin and I am feeling proud to say that bitcoin has really changed their life style.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
June 07, 2017, 02:06:45 PM
well definitely no bitcoin can't reduce unemployment but, bitcoin can help to find a earning oppotunities online  because there are jobs that can be paid by bitcoin like participating signature campaigns, website creation service any many more just going to services section of this
s forum.
And you forget to explain why bitcoin cannot reduce unemployment. When bitcoin is capable of providing opportunities to earn, why not we can expect it to support earning a living with it.

I mean to say one person can do many different different earning methods for earning bitcoins and altogether he may find possibilities to survive with bitcoin based earning. Faucets with big amount of referrals/ providing services for bitcoins are few of feasible things for any people to earn a job with bitcoin based opportunities.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
June 07, 2017, 01:29:12 PM
I think your example about toil one month and then live a year off doing basically nothing applies better for high skilled jobs, paying more money, I know people that make movies, cinematographic area live this way, but for most people, they will need to work all year long to have a decent income and live well, as they don't have skills to apply to advanced jobs

I understand that perfectly well

But in my reply I was referring to freelancing jobs in respect to their "temporary" nature. I certainly didn't mean regular jobs, while self-employment (which is what freelancing is basically about) is typically skilled and highly-qualified labor (at least, until signature campaigns came about). As to me, this drawback (transitory nature of freelancing) is valid and vital only when you just start off on this route. So you either quit pretty soon (and turn back to regular employment) or become a freelancer of the type that I described above
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 07, 2017, 01:10:55 PM
Bitcoin is still better than most fiat currencies

It is indeed highly volatile, but its volatility is mostly to the upside anyway, and this is in stark contrast to fiat currencies which might in fact not be as volatile as Bitcoin itself but they all without exception go down in value (i.e. depreciate) in the long term. Apart from that, "temporary jobs" are what many businesses routinely deal with, i.e. they receive an order and fulfill it, then wait for the next order. Or don't wait but it doesn't change anything in respect to "temporary" nature of their job. Freelancing is pretty much the same. Strictly speaking, it is a sort of small business in its own right

I agree about how good is to deal with BTCs because the upside volatility. I like the temporary freelancing jobs too, the only negative effect is that we don't have guarantees and it can finish anytime, hard to live from this kind of activity. Today you can have a good job, earning in BTCs, but tomorrow they can tell you: we are finished now

As I said, it is the same with many businesses

But you don't need to be involved in just one project. If it requires you to spend most of your time, your work should be paid accordingly. In other words, you toil one month, and then you can live a year off doing basically nothing. Apart from that, many projects (if we talk about developing) need support anyway, so again you can lay yourself out for a certain period of time, and then live off that project providing support and consultancy. More such projects will make your life a lot easier

If the market goes well (if there are many jobs, economy working nice, money circulating), there will be always disponible jobs for everyone, since low skills based jobs until high skill based jobs, theoretically it can work very well.

I think your example about toil one month and then live a year off doing basically nothing applies better for high skilled jobs, paying more money, I know people that make movies, cinematographic area live this way, but for most people, they will need to work all year long to have a decent income and live well, as they don't have skills to apply to advanced jobs.

However it's not impossible for ordinary, biggest parcel of population people too, as they can save money and at some point an investment will be enough to receive a decent income and live more confortably by receiving passive income, and with the extra boost of the BTC price constantly increasing.
Activity: 518
Merit: 271
June 07, 2017, 01:05:43 PM
well definitely no bitcoin can't reduce unemployment but, bitcoin can help to find a earning oppotunities online  because there are jobs that can be paid by bitcoin like participating signature campaigns, website creation service any many more just going to services section of this
s forum.
Activity: 700
Merit: 275
June 07, 2017, 12:46:33 PM
Yeah that's true it is acting as real life job salary to most of the people in the bitcoin world. Well tru for me as well. I'm earning more than my job on the bitcoin. I work as freelancer many times, do my odd jobs on weekend and get money in the form of bitcoin and letting them grow big over the time. I'm happy that I got introduced with bitcoin. It is truest thing that bitcoin is helping reduce unemployment.
Activity: 456
June 07, 2017, 12:27:43 PM
legendary
June 07, 2017, 12:13:04 PM
Ummm.
On one side, we have bitcoin as new technology that can destroy even whole professions of business sectors because it is able to extremely decrease inefficiency.
On another side, new technology create a lot of new opportunities and work places

The first side is ultimately irrelevant

People will lose their jobs temporarily and if they want to find new ones, they will have to specialize in something new. That may mean learning a lot of new things and acquiring a lot of new knowledge (things which people are very loath to do in general), but this is not a justification for halting the progress. It is due to this progress exactly that people are better off overall with each generation passing. Regarding technology changing extremely fast, I don't think this is a real issue. In other words, it can't change faster than people are able to adopt it as well as adapt to it. You are putting the cart before the horse
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
June 07, 2017, 11:35:15 AM
I wonder if there is solid research out there that show a number of bitcoin jobs currently filled by people that were unemployed. I feel like you had the right idea with the post, but I think the better angle would be Bitcoin has the opportunity to help those in poverty gain money through certain skill sets.

Just my thoughts.
No such statistics can not be. Those who are trying to analyze the market bitcoins are guided by the number of transactions and accounts. A person may have 100 or 200 accounts. You will find that it employs 200 people? Bitcoin does not affect unemployment, but it helps people to have extra money to carry out their wishes.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
HelpMyWallet
June 07, 2017, 11:17:44 AM
I wonder if there is solid research out there that show a number of bitcoin jobs currently filled by people that were unemployed. I feel like you had the right idea with the post, but I think the better angle would be Bitcoin has the opportunity to help those in poverty gain money through certain skill sets.

Just my thoughts.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
June 07, 2017, 11:13:24 AM
Ummm.
On one side, we have bitcoin as new technology that can destroy even whole professions of business sectors because it is able to extremely decrease inefficiency.
On another side, new technology create a lot of new opportunities and work places.
But. There's a big but. Technology is so extremely fast that only a few percents of planet population can handle it. So bitcoin is a "great good" for very few people on the planet.

You mean only those who are knowledgeable in using computers can use or understand bitcoin?  We are talking about bitcoin reduces unemployment, I do get your point but earning bitcoins was not that complicated.  But of course you need the technology to earn bitcoins.  You need computer, internet connection and most of all electricity. 
Activity: 95
Merit: 25
Yo!
June 07, 2017, 10:59:22 AM
Ummm.
On another side, new technology create a lot of new opportunities and work places.
But. There's a big but. Technology is so extremely fast that only a few percents of planet population can handle it. So bitcoin is a "great good" for very few people on the planet.
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 294
June 07, 2017, 10:16:03 AM
I myself believe bitcoin is the best way to earn for the youth who are unemployed. In my country the number of students graduating every six months are very high as compared to the available jobs. We need to aware the youth about bitcoins so that they can utilize their time and knowledge here to earn instead of just sitting home waiting for a suitable job.
Activity: 924
Merit: 275
June 07, 2017, 10:12:14 AM
That is true that the bitcoin reduces unemployment in our community. Bitcoin is a great opportunity for us to earn and gain money. Because of the bitcoin we can get many jobs and earn a lot of money.
Activity: 476
Merit: 102
June 07, 2017, 10:10:54 AM
I think in the presence of bitcoin will reduce unemployment, because searching for bitcoin also requires hard work and creativity, and competitiveness in bitcoin is also high almost similar to work in the real world

What is your opinion this time?

I agree with the idea that Bitcoin reduces unemployment. Online job such as typing jobs, signature campaigns, web designing, bitcoin and the like opens opportunity to those unemployed such as home-based moms and students with skills to become more productive.  Bitcoin offers fair opportunity to everyone with skills and ideas regardless of age, gender, and nationality as long as they can deliver expected results.  With that idea, I believe that bitcoin is one of the best solution to reduce unemployment.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1153
June 07, 2017, 09:35:04 AM

Technically speaking they are still unemployed but because of bitcoin they have an inçome.

Bitcoin is only temporary. We can't predict its future. As it will develop over time. We can't tell if it's gonna be successful or will fail

Care to share what are these technicalities that you considered those who seek job and get paid in Bitcoin unemployed?  What are the factor you are considering to say that a person is technically employed?  What are the factor that should be met to be considered employed?  I just got a simple mindset.  If there is an employer and and employee and agreed on the terms there is an employment done regardless of what is the mode of payment.
legendary
June 07, 2017, 08:36:22 AM
Technically speaking they are still unemployed but because of bitcoin they have an inçome.

Bitcoin is only temporary. We can't predict its future. As it will develop over time. We can't tell if it's gonna be successful or will fail

Technically speaking, everything is temporary

Even the Universe itself may be here only for some (though long) time. It is just a matter of your attitude. When you are hired for the first time in your life, it may seem and feel like it's forever (well, at least, until you retire), but if you have been hired as well as fired a few dozen times, you will likely reconsider your attitude toward both what is called a regular job and Bitcoin. Bitcoin is likely to stay here a lot longer that many if not most of us will be employed in a certain position (those who are not being constantly self-employed and re-employed, of course)
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
June 07, 2017, 08:04:01 AM
I think in the presence of bitcoin will reduce unemployment, because searching for bitcoin also requires hard work and creativity, and competitiveness in bitcoin is also high almost similar to work in the real world

What is your opinion this time?
Certainly it would reduce unemployment.It has given a new earning opportunity to many people all around the world.Now they need not search for the boring jobs.Instead they could enjoy a life of financial freedom.
Jump to: