Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Rural vs Urban Awareness? - page 2. (Read 251 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
June 23, 2023, 10:05:20 PM
Pretty sure the rural vs urban thing will differ from country to country. The relevancy of bitcoin on rural vs urban areas will totally depend on how much they 'need' Bitcoin — regardless if it's because of needing bitcoin as an actual inflation hedge, or probably just as a get rich quick scheme that people are willing to risk for better finances.
Activity: 602
Merit: 387
Rollbit is for you. Take $RLB token!
June 23, 2023, 09:59:07 PM
I dont know but Bitcoin nowadays is everywhere even some people in my area know the name Bitcoin even tho just barely know the name only, but this mean bitcoin is everywhere some local news discussed a lot when the price crash or the price is bull.
They mostly are exposed with this market in each bull run when FOMO is very high, everywhere. Locals in rural areas will be exposed to this market and joined it like when people who went to people who sell vegetables, fishes at spontaneous small markets in rural areas started to join stock market.

They are not educated enough or no educated about this market and they only join with FOMO, greed, zero knowledge, you can guess what ending will wait them after a few months.

I believe rural areas will be important but locals must prepare more before joining the market. If they can learn enough before joining, they will be richer and contribute a lot to Bitcoin adoption.
copper member
Activity: 1988
Merit: 905
Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia
June 22, 2023, 09:59:34 PM
I dont know but Bitcoin nowadays is everywhere even some people in my area know the name Bitcoin even tho just barely know the name only, but this mean bitcoin is everywhere some local news discussed a lot when the price crash or the price is bull.

and Big constituent/ Investment company know on the race to made Bitcoin ETF namely few like BlackRock and Fidelity and those I believe can drive more people to get know about Bitcoin
Activity: 602
Merit: 387
Rollbit is for you. Take $RLB token!
June 22, 2023, 09:48:03 PM
As regards the wide spread of Bitcoin in our today society which should be of utmost priority? more awareness in urban cities or Exposure in rural communities? This might not be applicable to all nations but there are many rural communities cut across many nations around the world who don't still don't understand what Bitcoin is all about, what it values are and what it represent in our modern financial society.
Urban areas are more educated than rural areas with conditions they have from finance to infrastructures for education, entertainment, technologies and Internet. They have more advantage to be exposed to Bitcoin, new technologies and they have better conditions to connect to and use Internet.

Bitcoin can be used online with Internet or offgrid but normally we will use it online. Again urban citizens will have more advantage with better Internet.

In rural areas, when locals exposed to cryptocurrency, they can adapt to it quickly but they are more vulnerable to scams because they are less educated and more naively to believe in promising projects and might let their greediness blurs their minds. Scammers can expose them with Bitcoin story, Bitcoin Pizza story to make locals excited, then will switch to non-blockchain projects like Ponzi to scam.
Activity: 630
Merit: 420
June 22, 2023, 05:42:16 PM
As regards the wide spread of Bitcoin in our today society which should be of utmost priority? more awareness in urban cities or Exposure in rural communities? This might not be applicable to all nations but there are many rural communities cut across many nations around the world who don't still don't understand what Bitcoin is all about, what it values are and what it represent in our modern financial society.
Awareness is needed in both rural and urban areas, but according to the current situation of my country, then I will say bitcoin awareness should focus on rural areas, most people in rural areas those not even know anything about bitcoin, some people in rural areas those not even know that bitcoin exist, they haven’t heard the name bitcoin before. Rural areas need to be focused on heavily about bitcoin awareness, or it’s going to take long than I think before the rural areas that understanding or investing in bitcoin.

Specifically in Cameroon, Nigeria and Ghana where I have stayed in at different time, I discovered many rural areas in this countries still find it difficult differentiating Bitcoin from Ponzi schemes. In this case will sensitising people in this areas be a vain adventure following their  mindset.
My country is mentioned among the countries which you mentioned above which is Nigeria, bitcoin awareness is urban areas is really encouraging, at least reasonable numbers of people in urban areas that are investing in bitcoin is really encouraging, but when you get to rural areas, very few percentage of people in rural areas knows about bitcoin and most of them don’t believe in bitcoin, so they are not having any investment in bitcoin, that’s why I believe people in rural areas need more awareness.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 348
June 22, 2023, 05:36:00 PM
The slow phase of adoption in rural area is due to communication problem.  Unlike in urban places, communication is well established.  Lots of internet service providers are flocking in an urban area, making it easier for the people living on that area to access the internet.  While in rural area, even a cellular signal is very difficult in that place.  The access to ISP is also very difficult since most probably the infrastructure required to build internet service provider network is not available on that area.

In short information can easily transferred in a more developed area so we should not be surprised if rural area are lagging in terms of technological updates and adoption.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1045
Goodnight, ohh Leo!!! 🦅
June 22, 2023, 05:29:26 PM
The urban developments should be prioritized FIRST. How well does it sound if some grotesquely looking old man begin to modify the processes of tradefare, with proper terminologies and 'em kiddies be trippin'? Hehe...
Secondly, the interest, the value and the quest is cherished in the Urban; any core villager believes in what they plant,... That at the end of the year, perennial crops could bear fruits and they'll survive with that. Thirdly, studying BTC demands alot of global, internet exposure. You're guided by the things you read ...for the fact that information is key, everything you read on the web either becomes a good guide, or something that'll eventually make BTC a big repulsion.

Sandra 🧑‍🦰
Activity: 812
Merit: 725
June 22, 2023, 05:28:53 PM
Bitcoin understanding is required in both rural and urban communities, as networks can now be found practically anywhere in the world. It will be a good development if a farmer benefits from Bitcoin investment because the major goal is to spread Bitcoin over the world.

Specifically in Cameroon, Nigeria and Ghana where I have stayed in at different time, I discovered many rural areas in this countries still find it difficult differentiating Bitcoin from Ponzi schemes. In this case will sensitising people in this areas be a vain adventure following their  mindset.
Some people in these regions of the world are truly unaware of Bitcoin since they always refer to it as a Ponzi scheme due to their prior experience with one or two Ponzi scheme platforms in their desperation to make money.

The issue with publicizing Bitcoin knowledge, particularly in Nigeria, is that the government has yet to legalize Bitcoin, and so publicizing good news about Bitcoin may land one in hot water with the government.
Activity: 672
Merit: 855
June 22, 2023, 05:26:21 PM

And how fast will adaptation and acceptance take place. And are there any technique one can apply to impact this persons on the advantage of embracing Bitcoin without sounding like a scammer or a deceitful person. I don't know if any one has had similar encounter In time past.

The adoption rate in rural areas will definitely be low because of certain factors like the exposure to internet. Most of these rural communities are faced by the challenges of having poor or no internet access up to the fact that even commercial banks are not close to them. So trying to spread adoption of bitcoin to this various places is certainly going to be difficult.

Most of these people also rely on solely on government policies and with the government strongly against bitcoin it would still be hard to get them into it. Because most of the stereotypes spread around bitcoin is that it doesn’t have an office and these are people that actually believe only on things they see. So the only people that would have aid the adoption of bitcoin easily in these areas would have been the government
Activity: 1022
Merit: 525
🇵🇭
June 22, 2023, 04:57:34 PM

Here in our country, Rural awareness usually useless because of poor internet connection and people usually involved on typical farm industry as source of living that’s why they are not interested on technology investment such as Bitcoin because they consider it as high risk and hard to understand. I don’t blame them since the nature of their work is very far different than Bitcoin technology.

Urban Area awareness should be the priority since this the place which Bitcoin investment is more suitable rather than the people that working on different field because the success rate of adaptation his high with people that has a good background on technology especially crypto.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 702
June 22, 2023, 04:51:07 PM

The comparison of Bitcoin with ponzi schemes has nothing to do with rural areas in those countries you mentioned it's actually lack of interest from the people you had contact with. There is hardly a place you go to in a country like Nigeria and see young people atleast not having a Mobile phone or asses to the internet.

But depending on people's knowledge or interest some just writes Bitcoin off as a Ponzi scheme. I have a brother who is in the UK that feels same way and he isn't interested in getting to know more.
Activity: 644
Merit: 661
- Jay -
June 22, 2023, 04:28:32 PM
I discovered many rural areas in this countries still find it difficult differentiating Bitcoin from Ponzi schemes. In this case will sensitising people in this areas be a vain adventure following their  mindset.
Misrepresenting Bitcoin is not peculiar to any region or continent. There have been top investors in the traditional finance space that have talked down on bitcoin and showed to have little knowledge of it and there are people in the most remote areas who have good knowledge of how it works.

Sensitizing people about an investment is not a popular strategy, sort of like going to market real estate investment or some other form of investment.

- Jay -
Activity: 66
Merit: 29
June 22, 2023, 04:17:37 PM

And how fast will adaptation and acceptance take place. And are there any technique one can apply to impact this persons on the advantage of embracing Bitcoin without sounding like a scammer or a deceitful person. I don't know if any one has had similar encounter In time past.
Pages:
Jump to: