Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin saving - page 12. (Read 8783 times)

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
January 16, 2017, 01:31:52 PM
Not heard of this challenge but I am just about to google it.  I would say yes go ahead and use bitcoin, it will prove a lot more fun to see your savings fluctuate and you could be looking at a large some at the end.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
January 16, 2017, 01:21:22 PM
Never try this challenge but I can say this, bitcoin will drop down not for much, and after that will raise up. So you can save some bitcoin and fiat money now and when the time is right you will buy in a low price, you will see the price and then you will sell high Wink
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
January 16, 2017, 01:13:36 PM
Is anyone in here familiar with the 52 weeks money challenge?
Since it is new year I've decided to take that challenge as a refresher and to try if I can save money using that pattern.
Question now is do you think saving with bitcoin will work? I you are familiar with the 52 week challenge it is where your daily deposit in your saving will have an increament of which amount you started in week one. Since bitcoin is so volatile do you think i'll save more if it is in fiat or in bitcoin?

I am familiar with the challenge, but never took it, so I'll comment only on your last sentence.

You're either saving in Bitcoin or saving to risk the opportunity of selling Bitcoins at a good price for fiat (which isn't really saving Bitcoin...). So if you're saving Bitcoin, volatility is irrelevant. Why isn't volatility a concern when saving fiat? After all, your fiat will be worth less in the future... Cheesy

What I'm trying to say is that you should save Bitcoin for the sake of saving Bitcoin and having more Bitcoins, nothing else.

BTW, you'll probably find this thread interesting. Not sure if there are more threads on the subject.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024
January 16, 2017, 01:07:40 PM
Is anyone in here familiar with the 52 weeks money challenge?
Since it is new year I've decided to take that challenge as a refresher and to try if I can save money using that pattern.
Question now is do you think saving with bitcoin will work? I you are familiar with the 52 week challenge it is where your daily deposit in your saving will have an increament of which amount you started in week one. Since bitcoin is so volatile do you think i'll save more if it is in fiat or in bitcoin?
Pages:
Jump to: