Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin slowly losing its popularity? - page 3. (Read 8620 times)

Activity: 437
Merit: 255
August 25, 2014, 09:12:47 AM
Not a chance, it'll fade when it's a symbol of everyday life and nobody finds stuff like "Dell accept bitcoins!" amazing, just like the internet.

Very unlikely. Probably it will be more popular than ever when it is accepted as a medium of value storage like gold. Currently the overall situation and very negative press and events prevent this. But if more regulation comes and legalisation is clear it will come.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
August 25, 2014, 02:14:21 AM
You look at the rich list on blockchain.info, it's easy to realise how bitcoin is in the hands of a few people, positive aspect if you want to manipulate it, negative if you want massime adoption: can you imagine a coin you will be lucky to own one in your life? With 21 million and billions of people, it's mathematically impossibile every one will own 1 bitcoin in the near future. The risk people will switch to a more liquid coin.
This is nonsense as well. This is why there is 1 'satoshi'. Your argument is invalid. (Even so, let's worry about this after we actually HAVE 21 million people using bitcoin)
Everyone can have plenty of them.  Smiley
Activity: 521
Merit: 500
August 25, 2014, 01:48:17 AM
Popularity is higher than ever. Bitcoin is just at the start and will explode soon.
Activity: 926
Merit: 1001
weaving spiders come not here
August 25, 2014, 01:08:32 AM
thoughts?

One year ago, BTC price was $113 USD and today, BTC price was $506 USD... a 348% increase.

One year ago, BTC volume was 0.012k and today BTC volume was 0.051k... a 325% increase.

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/bitstampUSD#rg60zczsg2013-08-25zeg2013-08-25ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
August 25, 2014, 12:12:38 AM
My thoughts is that bitcoin has been gaining popularity even though we haven't had any 'crazy' news recently except Dell accepting BTC but more and more people hear about it each day, by word of mouth, TV, news papers, other companies accepting BTC etc
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
August 24, 2014, 11:20:32 PM
We need more take away and home delivery food places to start accecpting btc.
I wanted food for btc last night and not 1 place in my area delivers.

Why not start a little small with the Tips with the delivery guys, or the waiters....if they start accepting BTC, you are one step closer to get food delivered with BTC....interesting?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
August 24, 2014, 11:14:53 PM
We need more take away and home delivery food places to start accecpting btc.
I wanted food for btc last night and not 1 place in my area delivers.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
August 24, 2014, 12:37:37 PM
Bitcoin price dropping and gaining popularity are not mutually exclusive. I think both are happening and they are linked.

Nowadays you can actually spend your bitcoins in so many places, people who have a sizable stash have more incentive to actually use them. I know I do. I can now pay my home delivery pizza with bitcoin, my phone bill, my computer gear, my e-cigs, my 3D printer supplies, .. I could only dream of that a few years ago. So I do it. Of course all the places where I spend my coins, they use coinbase or bitpay and they get paid out in euro/dollar, so all my bitcoin purchases end up being bitcoin sales depressing the price, since IM not replenishing my stash. Im sure many (large) BTC holders are doing the same thing.
Indeed, even at the last rally ($1.2k) there wasn't that many places to spend it at than there are now.
The problem is that we need more merchants that keep the coins, even a % like Overclockers will do for now. I'm more worried about adoption that the current price. We might see a rally before 2015, we might not. That's not even that important right now.
I don't think we need so much merchants that will keep/hoard their coins. This is really nothing different then individuals holding their coins. What needs to happen is for more businesses to pay other businesses in bitcoin. This really is what overstock is doing with the bitcoin they are holding (or at least some of it). There have been reports that overstock is going to be paying their employees' bonuses in BTC, and I would say this is certainly a step in the right direction.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 24, 2014, 08:31:10 AM
Not a chance, it'll fade when it's a symbol of everyday life and nobody finds stuff like "Dell accept bitcoins!" amazing, just like the internet.
Activity: 859
Merit: 1000
August 24, 2014, 08:23:50 AM
The next thing triggering price move is the deepening of the financial crisis. I think SHTF around late September to mid October.
And this time BTC will go really really high!
Activity: 84
August 24, 2014, 08:02:16 AM
I sure as hell hope not, considering I just launched a business based around it...
Activity: 41
August 24, 2014, 07:02:03 AM
I think the main reason is lot of Altcoin is out there and also the difficulty level of BTC mining.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
August 24, 2014, 06:07:03 AM
Bitcoin price dropping and gaining popularity are not mutually exclusive. I think both are happening and they are linked.

Nowadays you can actually spend your bitcoins in so many places, people who have a sizable stash have more incentive to actually use them. I know I do. I can now pay my home delivery pizza with bitcoin, my phone bill, my computer gear, my e-cigs, my 3D printer supplies, .. I could only dream of that a few years ago. So I do it. Of course all the places where I spend my coins, they use coinbase or bitpay and they get paid out in euro/dollar, so all my bitcoin purchases end up being bitcoin sales depressing the price, since IM not replenishing my stash. Im sure many (large) BTC holders are doing the same thing.
Indeed, even at the last rally ($1.2k) there wasn't that many places to spend it at than there are now.
The problem is that we need more merchants that keep the coins, even a % like Overclockers will do for now. I'm more worried about adoption that the current price. We might see a rally before 2015, we might not. That's not even that important right now.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
August 24, 2014, 05:12:29 AM

Activity: 42
August 24, 2014, 04:57:39 AM
Typical trollthread in which the OP wishes to induce reactions from bitcoin fans. Reverse tactics.
Activity: 4
August 24, 2014, 04:52:23 AM
in my current knowledge, bitcoin not losing it's popularity right now (at least for my country)
there are many newcomer and the old one still struggle in the bitcoin's field, especially when stellar and captcoin came to existance, it was like a bomb

many bitcoin thread in my hyip country's forum, and individual who sell their stuff for BTC start to increasing, I think they just want as many BTC so they can sell it when BTC rate increase because of the insane of difficulty increase
Activity: 29
August 24, 2014, 03:52:07 AM

Part of the problem is that bitcoin has lost a lot of speculative popularity but as far as adoption #s it has grown.

Then you have other up and coming currencies that actually improve on bitcoin signficantly.  Bitcoin pays 10% to the miners who don't even improve the software.  So it has no chance for innovation and things needed to grow. 
Activity: 405
August 24, 2014, 03:08:51 AM

example of what will b coming to bitcoin

http://www.iata.org/pressroom/pr/pages/2012-12-06-01.aspx

airline passenger number projected at 3.6billion in 2016

guesstimate...half are international = 1,8 billion

guesstimate..average journeys per person per year = 5 so number of individuals traveling  350 million

5 % of those 350 million ..17.5 milion realize (eventually) that it is cheaper and easier to spend money abroad using Xapo ( or similar which will surely come) and therefore need some bitoin and lets say that the average bitcoin loaded per card is 1 = 17.5 million coins needed just for this single market and there are hundreds of markets/uses

and that is the potential of biitcoin

another

https://www.clsa.com/about-clsa/media-centre/2014-media-releases/outbound-chinese-tourists-to-double-by-2020-propelling-global-growth-in-travel-related-sectors.php

Chinese have currency control of $50k / year..they prefer not to use that up on expenses traveling abroad if they can avoid it.
currently 100million a year  ... 5 % would like a Xapo ( eventually as they are using ANX at the moment)  if 5% get a xapo type card ( and they will load that with a lot more than 1 bitcoin due to their penchant for gambling big time in Macao) how many bitcoin are needed for that market?

and the list goes on..and on..and on...

there is a lot more to come for bitcoin but it takes time to organize and market! Imagine Xapo is less than 1 month old.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8325044

Activity: 476
August 24, 2014, 01:36:24 AM
No, bitcoin is rising in popularity and value...and spreading like wildfire.

Actually early of 2013 is when noticed bitcoin and had learned about it, at that time, it struck me as a gold fever, and there were many others who got strucked by it also, I can say 2013 was when bitcoin had shine brightest and now that is calming down, companies are interested in it
I don't think we are still in a gold rush type environment but we are certainly in a situation in which many companies are very much interested in it. I think most companies are trying to set themselves up so they bitcoin does not need to increase in value for them to profit, but rather they need to have a lot of bitcoin denominated sales for them to profit.
Activity: 66
August 24, 2014, 01:34:44 AM
Bitcoin is ever growing, since its release till date. Newer and newer people are getting familiar with BTC and businesses are talking of BTC now...is that sufficient?
Pages:
Jump to: