Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Social Experiment - page 7. (Read 11989 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 17, 2014, 06:44:35 PM
I woullddddd but I'm currently trying to BUILD my wallet, not donate it to science Smiley
January 17, 2014, 05:47:12 PM
Lol, thanks for the offer. Wink

No, I need to keep it small, and also I cannot accept the whole amount from any one person.

Just by putting these conditions into place beforehand I have already unduly influenced the results, but since this will be a public experiment it will not need to meet the normal scientific rigor.
Activity: 392
Merit: 116
Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet
January 17, 2014, 05:40:23 PM
Oh man, I would gladly dontate 5 BTC to your study you said you only want 0.00117647 BTC. Bummer.  Embarrassed
January 17, 2014, 05:34:25 PM
*****UPDATE: Sign-ups are now closed. I want to thank everyone who decided to participate!*****

Hello

I am looking for participants in a rather unique study I am undertaking, a social experiment if you will. I plan to keep track of this endeavor online, in this thread actually, and invite participants and others to follow along.

Due to the nature of this experiment, I need to keep the details secure for the time being, but will reveal more as the experiment progresses. For now, I need to solicit donations from the community. Don’t worry as what I require is fairly small.

I need to secure a total of $1.00 in present day value of bitcoin, which currently (17 January 2014) is trading at $790 on BTC-e and $885 on Mt. Gox, thus we will call it ~ $850.

Based upon this rough average, I need to ask for donations to equal 0.00117647 bitcoin. More is ok, but I would like to have multiple participants contribute toward the minimum donation, meaning each donation should be less than the required amount.

I have created a new dedicated wallet for this project and will use this same address throughout the project so that everyone can view the transactions on the block chain.

So anyone who is interested, please donate some BTC dust to: 1FxQJWfQm1g6eQjDj7KwCp4ovZ1o1QMhjk

Unfortunately, that is all I can reveal for now but rest assured more is to come.

Thank you for taking time to read this and for your consideration.

Best Regards,
Starman22

Donations so far: https://blockchain.info/address/1FxQJWfQm1g6eQjDj7KwCp4ovZ1o1QMhjk
Pages:
Jump to: