Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin still a Safe Haven, haters aren't saying the truth. - page 3. (Read 552 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 2191
Signature Space For Rent
Bitcoin is as safe haven for who have understood its circumstance. Not for who only expect high return from bitcoin. We should know very well regarding volatility of cryptocurrency especially it's more on bitcoin. It would become hell for someone if they bought on $20K and they do not sold and price become at $3K. Holding bitcoin isn't the identity of the intelligent always and I had realized that. Who can take real time decision, obviously bitcoin is haven for them either price drop or grow.
Activity: 756
Merit: 231
~~~~~~~ if you're feeling that your portfolio is losing -50% of its value, I bet you'd feel anxious and fear for the worst.

Absolutely correct, this resulted to series of panic sales from holders who seem to be hit harder during the crash. We're not against such move but hold for a long-term still give more than in panic sales. The facts should be clear enough for cryptocurrency holders or investors: "get rich quick aren't available anymore and anywhere around Cryptocurrencies". Long-term is the answer even at loss.

~~~~~Bitcoin will 'win' in the long run because of the supply and demand law, but you can only live in the present.

Cheesy yeah, "live in the present" matters a lot to humans but never to forget to live for tomorrow.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
In the time of a Global Pandemic , Bitcoins have helped people in a variety of ways , for me safe heaven is not price but the ability of a investment to bring good results.
Who says one cannot earn when the price is low ?
Who says one cannot earn through bitcoins during a quarantine?
Bitcoins is the one helping people the most when all the government jobs and private jobs are shut down and people are helpless and don't know where to get funds from .
It is a safe heaven .
And it will stay like that despite it's price.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
Being too optimistic or pessimistic is not always good. It is a fact that you could lose a lot of money in the bear market or the recent dump, more than if you hold other assets such as gold and things like that. It's easy to say and discuss whether it's a safe haven or not but if you're feeling that your portfolio is losing -50% of its value, I bet you'd feel anxious and fear for the worst.

The best practice would be to manage your risk properly and never invest something that you can't lose, exit and enter the market at the right moment, and you'll get the profits. Bitcoin will 'win' in the long run because of the supply and demand law, but you can only live in the present.
Activity: 756
Merit: 231
Bitcoin fell some days ago and many were of the opinion that, there's no need to hold the said cryptocurrency because it was not able to stand against the coronavirus epidemy. During the crash, the percentage of the fall was more on Bitcoin than the fiats(stocks), but reasons be that, The US Fed injected into the crashed market $168bn which in percentage is more than the current investment on Bitcoin. Possibly, this was the major reason while the fall was more on Bitcoin.

“It may sound crazy, but I think it takes $700bn to over a $1tn to stabilize the markets. The last few weeks are a prime example of why digital assets, namely Bitcoin, have a place in the global markets.”  Bill Herrmann.

No doubt that Bitcoin is a Safe Haven and not what others speculated about it being weakest  during the crash.

Do you still insist that Bitcoin isn't a Safe Haven?
Pages:
Jump to: