Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin still involves too much to deceptive behavior! - page 3. (Read 864 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10
Scam isn't new in our society and we can't fault Bitcoin when people use it for what it is not because with or without it, people like that will still remain in our societies. We should fight against those who are always on the lookout to scam others of their hard earned money.
Fraud is present not only in the cryptocurrency sphere, but also in all other areas in which there is value. In the banking sector there are also manipulations, frauds, thefts, but from this people have not stopped using banking services, it will be the same with Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, but this takes time.
Activity: 476
Merit: 17
With the growing number of people who understand how Bitcoin works and how it is related to blockchain technology, acceptance of Bitcoin as a payment will increase. Many people use dollars and euros, but people do not stop using them because of the news that dollars paid for a drug batch somewhere in Colombia or that a bank was robbed and a large amount of dollars were stolen or a gang engaged in counterfeiting dollars or euros was caught.
Activity: 403
Merit: 100
I think that the behavior of btc is affected by many factors on the market. Let's wait for some time and believe we will see how everything will change for the better in the nearest future

I'm also hoping for the increase in the market, It is better to have views on some changes and continue on crypto currency even though it is a tough year for every Bitcoin holders, May before this year end or the coming next year it will come back together.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
The biggest problem as I see it with using bitcoin or altcoins for of payment is that most of us buy in as and investment, hoping to hit the big one. To use something as a payment method you need a low value stable coin, something that is not very appealing to most traders.
Activity: 644
Merit: 111
Bitcoin is difficult to understand. It's the truth. Not everyone can understand it. Because of this, it cannot be accepted in many countries. It is necessary to improve the education of the population in the field of digital money and blockchain technology, then they will be ready for this.
Activity: 616
Merit: 1
Scam isn't new in our society and we can't fault Bitcoin when people use it for what it is not because with or without it, people like that will still remain in our societies. We should fight against those who are always on the lookout to scam others of their hard earned money.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
yes, there are many reasons why bitcoin is not accepted by the public for payment, some reason, such as what you mentioned.

I think that access the technological developments that have not yet reached the village is part of the reason.  specifically blockchain technology
brand new
Activity: 0
bitcoin isn't involved in anything. bitcoin is just a currency like any other currency in the world and acts as a tool that happens to be used for a variety of reasons, most of which are good and legal but it also happens to be used for illegal activities too. the more popular bitcoin gets the more users will use it and usage of it for both legal and illegal activities will increase just like any other currency.
you just happened to stumble upon the negativity more than anything else because your source is news sites.
Activity: 336
I think that the behavior of btc is affected by many factors on the market. Let's wait for some time and believe we will see how everything will change for the better in the nearest future
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Wishing you a very good day, I am a lover of blockchain and cryptocurrency. Haiz! But I'm not happy, when I wake up and read bad news about bitcoin, most of them are bitcoin related scams. I wonder when we can manage bitcoins avoid cheating and fraud, if I'm a normal person do not know about bitcoin, I certainly would not want to find out about it when the news I read about bitcoin is mostly negative as scam. The good news about bitcoin is minimal, mostly on blockchain technology, not many people understand the relationship between bitcoin and blockchain. All of this leads to bitcoin being difficult to accept as a payment method, at least for the moment.

These are the articles I read this morning: https://cointelegraph.com/news/report-google-g-suite-twitter-account-compromised-to-promote-10-000-bitcoin-scam

it shows how enthusiastic and passionate people who want to get a lot of bitcoin immediately and I think that depends on ourselves, how do we want to get bitcoin with no capital and how we use it.
brand new
Activity: 0
The complexity around buying bitcoin along with the scams in the media can be off putting, but when the media hypes the bull run they will join in and learn how it all works

Agreed!
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 4
Negative news isn't a bad thing, at least it creates awareness of bitcoin actually. Better than no one discussing bitcoin and having a limited niche market solely comprising of bitcoiners
Activity: 84
There are too many negative news about cryptocurrency and bitcoin in particular nowadays. Anyone reading any of those negative news may decide not to even join cryptocurrency at all. What we do when we see these negative news or scam is important. As cryptocurrency enthusiasts, we can counter them with facts and advise people to ignore it, we can also expose and report scam where necessary.

Some news sources create FUD specifically so that the owners of these news channels can join the game at low prices. It's better to be guided by statistics than rely on news. Though fundamentals are important, there's almost no connection in between fundamentals and news that "they" are trying to feed people with.
Activity: 392
There are too many negative news about cryptocurrency and bitcoin in particular nowadays. Anyone reading any of those negative news may decide not to even join cryptocurrency at all. What we do when we see these negative news or scam is important. As cryptocurrency enthusiasts, we can counter them with facts and advise people to ignore it, we can also expose and report scam where necessary.
Activity: 33
Merit: 26
I actually read an interesting study that some spam emails are written bad on purpose because they then filter out people who would question them. By setting a low bar you filter out people who won't fall for your trip. On another note... I am a representative of an exiled Nigerian prince. His bank account was seized. Luckily he was able to transfer out some money and funnel it into iTunes giftcards. Please send 10 dollars in bitcoin for 100 dollars worth of itunes giftcards...  Grin
Activity: 117
Bitcoin (and all cryptos) just allows a new avenue for all the same old scams. History might not repeat but it sure rhymes...
Send 0.1 bitcoin to get 1 bitcoin ask me how!

So true! When one thing gets more difficult for scammers to get away with, they usually come up with another. It seems that black market gift cards are quite popular these days. I hear it on the news a lot where someone poses to be a rep from the electric company and threatens to turn off a homeowner's power unless you pay their "delinquent" bill right away. They instruct the homeowner to go to a Walmart to buy Apple iTunes cards. Or a similar one where the scammer poses as a sheriff deputy (or IRS agent) who claims the victim has unpaid traffic tickets (or overdue tax payments) and if they don't pay right this instant they're coming to arrest them and put them in jail. They instruct the victim to go buy prepaid Visa cards or iTunes cards. I don't even know why this still makes the news. Are people that dumb to pay an "overdue" electric bill or traffic ticket with Apple iTunes cards? No one falls for the Nigerian prince scam any more. Why should people be falling for this type of scam?
Activity: 33
Merit: 26
Bitcoin (and all cryptos) just allows a new avenue for all the same old scams. History might not repeat but it sure rhymes...
Send 0.1 bitcoin to get 1 bitcoin ask me how!
Activity: 42
I think that following crypto related drama is the readers fault. It's not news, its garbage packaged to excite people who want something new in crypto currency to happen.
Activity: 812
Merit: 102
The complexity of understanding bitcoin creates a problem. Because of this, it cant be adopted in many countries, because it is considered dangerous. However, there is nothing dangerous or negative about it. And this news is being distributed for an illegal purpose.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
Wishing you a very good day, I am a lover of blockchain and cryptocurrency. Haiz! But I'm not happy, when I wake up and read bad news about bitcoin, most of them are bitcoin related scams. I wonder when we can manage bitcoins avoid cheating and fraud, if I'm a normal person do not know about bitcoin, I certainly would not want to find out about it when the news I read about bitcoin is mostly negative as scam. The good news about bitcoin is minimal, mostly on blockchain technology, not many people understand the relationship between bitcoin and blockchain. All of this leads to bitcoin being difficult to accept as a payment method, at least for the moment.

These are the articles I read this morning: https://cointelegraph.com/news/report-google-g-suite-twitter-account-compromised-to-promote-10-000-bitcoin-scam

It does not involve fraudulent behavior, as it does not support these. Bad guys are using it to attract others and try to cheat on them. Bitcoin does not want this to happen, but the bad guys try to use it as a tool in their bad jobs.
Pages:
Jump to: