Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Supernode Summit Finland 9.-12. May 2013 - page 2. (Read 13876 times)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100
Currently you would get a ticket for 9,000mBTC (about $1000) for a 3-night stay in shared room, full board, and airport travel.
I see, well that's much more reasonable.
Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
I would love to go to Finland for a Bitcoin confrrence. However:
1. I am already goin to San Jose conference this month
2. Too short notice
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
So you announce a conference with 2 weeks warning time? Real professional...

Is it correct that the ticket prices is 25.000 mBTC, ie, 25 BTC, ie, by current prices about 5500 USD?

Currently you would get a ticket for 9,000mBTC (about $1000) for a 3-night stay in shared room, full board, and airport travel.
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
So you announce a conference with 2 weeks warning time? Real professional...

Is it correct that the ticket prices is 25.000 mBTC, ie, 25 BTC, ie, by current prices about 5500 USD?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
I endorse this thread. However not yet sure how zeroday can actually keep the content here up-to-date, I don't yet know if he is doing 24/7 as I do. My focus is still in the other thread, and in 2-4 days I will move my focus solely on the summit and the delegates. By then we will probably have a private forum, FB group or such.

The current number attending:

3 participating hosts
3 non-participating hosts (secretariat)
6 delegates
2 virtual delegates.

I have contacted one Guest speaker, kangasbros, who owns Easywallet and Localbitcoins.

I plan to have a larger-audience event in the middle of the conference, probably Sat afternoon.

donator
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
You may still attend the summit remotely via video conference.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Please consider carefully the next summit venue.

I suggest Silicon Valley, e.g. in Mountain View close to the Google Campus.

• Invite local VC and Singularity Summit  style keynoters, and pitch it at legacy regional investment firms competing for wealthy young risk taking clients, e.g. the Winklevoss twins.
  • Incorporate a demo day with bitcoin awards for best bitcoin start up pitch & demo.

Finland is fine with me, just announce your next summits earlier, pls!
Its a real bummer, I was going to go to Finland by the end of May anyway, had I known this in advance, I would have adjusted my planning accordingly..
Noevertheless, have some fun!

Spekulatius from Bitcointhedocumentary.org
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
Please consider carefully the next summit venue.

I suggest Silicon Valley, e.g. in Mountain View close to the Google Campus.

• Invite local VC and Singularity Summit  style keynoters, and pitch it at legacy regional investment firms competing for wealthy young risk taking clients, e.g. the Winklevoss twins.
  • Incorporate a demo day with bitcoin awards for best bitcoin start up pitch & demo.
donator
This thread is created to discuss the emerging Bitcoin Supernode Summit which is being organized by rpietila in Finland.
Everybody is welcome to share their ideas and ask questions. Please no flood.
donator
[reserved]
donator
[reserved]
donator
Workshop: DEALER NETWORK

This workshop will be held in I Bitcoin Supernode Summit Finland 9.-12. May 2013.

MISSION STATEMENT:

We believe that setting up a decentralized, enormously liquid way of determining the USD/BTC rate, is beneficial for the continued increase of the rate. We believe that it is possible to gather together the owners of 3,000,000,000mBTC (about 30% of all the bitcoins aboveground) to regularly post their willingness to sell a part of their stash to the rising prices. The ultimate counterparty would be a new bitcoin user who buys these coins. The intermediary would be a Bitcoin Supernode dealership. We believe that this operation can be set up in 3 months, and it will be the ultimate stabilizer of the price, even though we expect that the actual number of coins traded by this mechanism would likely not exceed the aggregate turnover of the exchanges, even after the 3 months.

TECHNICAL:

1. We set up a Bitcoin Dealers' Association, which will accept members upon very strict scrutiny. The number of members will be limited to about 200, and it is not mandatory to have more than 10 for it to work properly.

2. We set up an order matching software, which will process the net dealer orderbooks of the BDA members, every 8 hours. I propose this happens at 00:00UTC, 08:00UTC and 16:00UTC, continually, every day. There will not be continuous trading at all in the first stage; it can be added later if found beneficial. I don't think it will add anything, since we already have the exchanges for play.

3. Net dealer orderbooks will be sent encrypted to the software, it will find the market clearing price, and send the details to the counterparties of the actual trades. The software cannot (ie. it is mathematically impossible to) cheat. If all of the participants see their net position fulfilled at the fixing price, the software has worked properly.

4. It does not cost anything for a member to send their orderbook, also there is no fee for the trades matched. The fees are a fixed membership fee and a one-time registration fee. In addition, members can buy the stock of the association (stockholders decide the directors etc.) and they will have to post a significant bail, which will cover the maximum of outstanding trades by the member, and is held in a 3-out-of-5 escrow perpetually during their membership.

5. The trades are settled T+4, which means that the trade contracted will have to clear in the other end in 96 hours from the fixing. Eg. fixing on Monday at 00:00, will have to be paid and cleared in the receiving end by Friday at 00:00.

6. If there is a delay in settlement, a penalty will be imposed + all the expenses of the counterparty will need to be covered. If this is due to negligence, a warning is issued. If there is further negligence or an outright default of the payment, the bail will be used to cover the damages and the member is expelled. If (which can not happen unless the scamming party can also hack the blackbox software to give him a larger outstanding orders limit than his bail covers) the damages exceed the bail, all other members pay prorated, and the scammer is expelled and criminally prosecuted.

7. The software will publish the fixing price automatically and immediately to the public. The volumes and counterparties of the trades will not be published.

8. Later on, the settlement can be extended to futures contracts, and options on futures can be written.

This is an ingenious mechanism, which achieves the following objectives:

- No central point of failure; the central software cannot mathematically cheat, since if it clears the market according to the orders of each of the members, it will have been cleared it according to all of them.

- About 30% of the bitcoins of the world will be able to be part of the price finding mechanism without need to physically move them or even know the exact owners and whereabouts of them. Quite many of them will be owned by the members at that point, and some non-members will certainly know of the members who act as their brokers. Dealers do not need to divulge their local order book (amounts, personal info) to anyone, the amounts will be sent to the blackbox encrypted, the customer info stored locally.

- Any local dealer can serve any Prince Harry who wants to purchase 10 million worth of bitcoins, which is impossible in the current exchange model (prepayment) and the Web-Of-Mistrust model (nobody would trust you for more than you have been doing before, which is childish if we are talking about actual business).

- Yes, as the end-user customer, there is no need to store your cash or bitcoins anywhere in particular. Only the dealers will need to abide by the following conditions->

If the following conditions are met:

- All (= every one of) the members are professionals, to make it smooth enough to have a delayed 84 hour settlement with an assigned counterparty.

- Members post a bail to cover their total outstanding orders limit, or any lesser amount if it is considered stupid enough to scam all the other members of the network prorated.

Workshop: BITCOIN SUPERNODE

This workshop will be held in I Bitcoin Supernode Summit Finland 9.-12. May 2013.

MISSION STATEMENT:

[tbd]

TECHNICAL:

[tbd]

Workshop: REAL BILLS AND CLEARINGHOUSE

MISSION STATEMENT:

[tbd]

TECHNICAL:

[tbd]
donator
Pages:
Jump to: