Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin suspected to be NSA or CIA Project - page 2. (Read 3480 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
August 09, 2014, 05:47:59 PM
Of course its origins are in government. This became obvious to me back in 2011.

Oh, and I had to quote this from that article - "In addition, Gavin Bell (aka Gavin Andresen), who is the public face of bitcoin, claims that he has been communicating with Nakamoto for many years." Made me LOL hard  Grin
Activity: 661
Merit: 502
August 09, 2014, 05:42:29 PM
A white paper on bitcoin was released in 2008, and it was reportedly written by Nakamoto, which roughly means "Central Intelligence" in Japanese.

Uh, according to my Google-fu... Nakamoto Name MeaningJapanese: ‘central origin’ or ‘(one who lives) in the middle’; found mostly in the Ryukyu islands.

The team added that Bitcoin Forum, a bitcoin community where Nakamoto used to communicate, usually removes posts connecting bitcoin with CIA.

It's a forum...not a democracy. The owner can remove posts as he likes, it's his forum to run the way he wants to.

Raising suspicions about his identity, Nakamoto has never left even a single personal identification clue in his numerous posts on Bitcoin Forum over the years. CIA Project alleges that this shows 'intelligence training'.

Yeah only people who have had intelligence training would want to remain anonymous. /s

In addition, Gavin Bell (aka Gavin Andresen), who is the public face of bitcoin, claims that he has been communicating with Nakamoto for many years. However, Gavin has neither met Nakamoto nor spoken with him on the phone even once.

What's their point? I do plenty of business with people I've never met or spoken to on the phone either.

The group added that the common program used by most cryptocurrencies to create secure keys is suspected to be back-doored by the NSA.

So what exactly are they going to do? Hasn't it already been proven that the algorithm used to create private keys would take billions of years to crack and if they did have a backdoor....

The fact that bitcoin did not use the most popular program to create secure keys shows that the NSA already had full information about bitcoin, according to the group.

the above contradicts what they just said. Do they mean the NSA had backdoors in the less popular programs. Unclear about this.

It noted that a recent WikiLeaks document exposed the NSA's connection with the program used by most cryptocurrencies.

Which document was this, I want to read it - anyone got a link?

"While bitcoin believers portray bitcoin as a new decentralised currency, the command structure of bitcoin core development is 100% centralised," CIA Project says.

Maybe in terms of The Bitcoin Foundation but AFAIK the project is still open source, anyone can review it.

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
August 09, 2014, 12:37:14 PM
This is bullish. Haha.

Seriously though, in all the bull runs in the past, the only FUD left to spread was this. If we've run out of other things to talk about again....
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
August 09, 2014, 12:24:23 PM
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bitcoin-suspected-be-nsa-cia-project-1460439

The interesting part was that topics referring to NSA/CIA connections were deleted from bitcointalks. Will this topic be deleted?

I know this NSA-created-bitcoin conversation is very old but the cited article introduces some pretty nasty claims:

The group added that the common program used by most cryptocurrencies to create secure keys is suspected to be back-doored by the NSA.

It noted that a recent WikiLeaks document exposed the NSA's connection with the program used by most cryptocurrencies.

The fact that bitcoin did not use the most popular program to create secure keys shows that the NSA already had full information about bitcoin, according to the group.

"While bitcoin believers portray bitcoin as a new centralised currency, the command structure of bitcoin core development is 100% centralised," CIA Project says.

Smells like FUD, don't you think?

But even if some aspects of this are true then Bitcoin indeed gains a fishy smell.

This is Sol Adoni:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/blatant-sockpuppetry-and-self-promotion-of-own-website-using-alt-accounts-727145

It's an elaborate troll/FUD campaign by an annoying guy with a ton of sockpuppet accounts and websites.

He's been banned from other forums unrelated to bitcoin for doing similar things with tons of fake accounts.

Also from the whois of ciaproject.org:
Domain Name:CIAPROJECT.ORG
Domain ID: D173493214-LROR
Creation Date: 2014-08-01
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
STILL MISSING MY 12 BTC FROM SCAMOOLAHPAL! >:O
August 09, 2014, 12:22:23 PM
They aren't smart enough Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
August 09, 2014, 12:20:18 PM
Not at all. Just putting it up there so people who think this is a new and innovative idea can be informed. I'm anti-trolling.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
August 09, 2014, 12:00:01 PM
Yes it is. Suspected that is. Since the beginning and it always will be. Glad we had this discussion.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1015
August 09, 2014, 07:59:05 AM
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bitcoin-suspected-be-nsa-cia-project-1460439

The interesting part was that topics referring to NSA/CIA connections were deleted from bitcointalks. Will this topic be deleted?

I know this NSA-created-bitcoin conversation is very old but the cited article introduces some pretty nasty claims:

"While bitcoin believers portray bitcoin as a new centralised currency, the command structure of bitcoin core development is 100% centralised," CIA Project says.

Smells like FUD, don't you think?

But even if some aspects of this are true then Bitcoin indeed gains a fishy smell.
Pages:
Jump to: