Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin - take profits or continue to DCA? - page 4. (Read 364 times)

Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
February 02, 2023, 12:43:31 PM

We are still in the early days, it's not even 2024 yet in time for having but the price is already going up. Although there may be a correction soon, you may want to wait for it.

There may be some who are talking profits and then wait for a dip and then buy back, it takes skills to do it but doable. Continue DCA that's what many of us will say. We will see prices beating the last ATH.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1031
Only BTC
February 02, 2023, 12:35:51 PM
I decided to sell and put the profits into other altcoins I believe will see greater gains in the next bull run.
It is your money, but i would call it a bad choice, having BTC and buying altcoins isn't diversification at all, i believe a better thing to do would have been to invest your profits in other assets. Even if you believe altcoins would see greater gains in the next bull run, how do you know which one of the thousands out there that will.
My thinking behind selling is although I got in at a good price (my current average buy is £15k), that it is only a 6x from £100k which is the expected amount Bitcoin will reach next bull run.
Nobody knows the exact amount BTC will reach by the next bull run.
I want 20x gains and feel this is more realistic in top altcoins that are currently 80-90% down.
While investing it is good to set realistic targets and not try to be greedy with the gains you want, it is much better to be certain of 6x gains, than to look for 20x and invest in coins that will swallow up your money and leave you with nothing.
Activity: 614
Merit: 25
February 02, 2023, 12:24:48 PM
I first started investing in Bitcoin after the June crash last year.

I had accumulated 0.07 Bitcoin before we started pumping a few weeks ago and have since sold 0.02 which currently leaves me with 0.05.

I decided to sell and put the profits into other altcoins I believe will see greater gains in the next bull run.

I am not sure if I should continue selling my Bitcoin the more we pump or if I should start to DCA again.

My thinking behind selling is although I got in at a good price (my current average buy is £15k), that it is only a 6x from £100k which is the expected amount Bitcoin will reach next bull run.

A 6x is good if you have thousands of pounds to invest , but I do not.

I want 20x gains and feel this is more realistic in top altcoins that are currently 80-90% down.

Is anyone taking profits or are most of us just DCA?

Pages:
Jump to: