Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Talk on Telegram - page 2. (Read 772 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 603
Pizza Maker 2023 | Bitcoinbeer.events
November 22, 2022, 05:14:39 PM
Those mediums reflects different user base, which we have seen, so far, little keen on "changing state" from one medium to another.
I don't like Medium very much, so many times I saw accounts getting banned there without valid reasons, so all posts gets deleted forever.
Sure, I can archive all my posts, but then what's the point of posting anything on that platform.
It's much better to have your own website or blog that can't be censored or restricted.

What's the benefit will it bring to the existed members? As I can see, most of the times, you mentioned it will attract new member to the forum. It sounds like marketing for Bitcointalk. I can't see a lot of benefits on it.
Maybe they can use telegram to post most important things that happened in Bitcoitnalk forum or news from last week or last month.
In theory this could bring new genuine members to register in forum, because a lot of young people never even heard about bitcointalk forum.

Finally someone who hit the point, I was thinking I had explained it wrong and that the message had not passed. Possibly you could also try to insert the trust formula and as already anticipated the verification from the forum, so who if a user is serious why should he be banned or lose messages? But even here on the forum they can delete the messages so I don't see many differences.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
November 22, 2022, 05:02:10 PM
Those mediums reflects different user base, which we have seen, so far, little keen on "changing state" from one medium to another.
I don't like Medium very much, so many times I saw accounts getting banned there without valid reasons, so all posts gets deleted forever.
Sure, I can archive all my posts, but then what's the point of posting anything on that platform.
It's much better to have your own website or blog that can't be censored or restricted.

What's the benefit will it bring to the existed members? As I can see, most of the times, you mentioned it will attract new member to the forum. It sounds like marketing for Bitcointalk. I can't see a lot of benefits on it.
Maybe they can use telegram to post most important things that happened in Bitcoitnalk forum or news from last week or last month.
In theory this could bring new genuine members to register in forum, because a lot of young people never even heard about bitcointalk forum.

November 22, 2022, 02:03:25 PM
I think it will be my last daily post because in this part of the world it was night. But mine was not a bad but ironic answer, I apologise if I seemed rude. In any case, I'll wait for you on telegram so you can test it yourself.
Thanks for your offer, but unfortunately I'm not using Telegram yet, so I can't test it yet.

But I am surprised about your interest in the forum now, tell me do you really want to promote 1xbit campaign in your signature space for $20/week?

Pay attention to this warning right below your app post in 1xbit campaigns: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61330897
If you are prepared with all the consequences, it will quickly destroy your account reputation. Sorry to go off topic, but I just wanted to warn you.

Don't worry boy you will have time to try Telegram and you will be able to understand how I am acting in good faith.

But I'll give you some advice either put on a good pair of glasses or you haven't looked at my signature correctly.  The 1xbit campaign was removed before you wrote this post, so I don't understand why to reiterate this.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1228
November 22, 2022, 01:51:00 PM
I think it will be my last daily post because in this part of the world it was night. But mine was not a bad but ironic answer, I apologise if I seemed rude. In any case, I'll wait for you on telegram so you can test it yourself.
Thanks for your offer, but unfortunately I'm not using Telegram yet, so I can't test it yet.

But I am surprised about your interest in the forum now, tell me do you really want to promote 1xbit campaign in your signature space for $20/week?

Pay attention to this warning right below your app post in 1xbit campaigns: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61330897
If you are prepared with all the consequences, it will quickly destroy your account reputation. Sorry to go off topic, but I just wanted to warn you.

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
November 22, 2022, 01:28:10 PM

For current members, not much will change but if new users were to be attracted this could affect the traffic of the forum and perhaps also incentivise those who do marketing campaigns here to get even more choice since there will be more traffic.

Current members could see a flurry of new members!
This means that some TG users interested into a specific thread I guess could be pushed to post in the forum as a newbie, with all the consequences in terms of quality of content, posting etiquette etc.

In all fairness, I really can't see this becoming a significant trend a toss the boards.
November 22, 2022, 08:38:20 AM
What's the benefit will it bring to the existed members? As I can see, most of the times, you mentioned it will attract new member to the forum. It sounds like marketing for Bitcointalk. I can't see a lot of benefits on it. Maybe I didn't get what you meant (effect ofArgentina vs Saudi shocked)

For current members, not much will change but if new users were to be attracted this could affect the traffic of the forum and perhaps also incentivise those who do marketing campaigns here to get even more choice since there will be more traffic.

Regarding Argentina, I've gotten used to it by now thanks to Italy
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2012
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
November 22, 2022, 08:31:34 AM
What's the benefit will it bring to the existed members? As I can see, most of the times, you mentioned it will attract new member to the forum. It sounds like marketing for Bitcointalk. I can't see a lot of benefits on it. Maybe I didn't get what you meant (effect ofArgentina vs Saudi shocked)
November 22, 2022, 08:05:51 AM
The conclusion users are prefer to write a post in this forum, not in the social media.

I am sure that a large part of the reason for this is the economic incentive to post on the forum. If the OP would get sponsors and have people get paid to post there, as he says, I'm sure he would get more traffic than Discord. I'm maybe not so used to Telegram but I don't know if younger people might prefer that medium.

The rewards system will not be easy to obtain and should not be the main reason to use the telegram forum, among other things I can guarantee sponsors only for the Italian section but not for the other communities if someone wants to participate as an administrator.

I don't think there's a huge difference between discord and telegram because the main reason why we use is to communicate with the others.
Discord is more forum-like than Telegram (at least before this new Telegram feature to divide chats), but telegram is way more popular than Discord among crypto community so its no surprise that bitcointalk Discord server kinda failed in its intention, despite all the effort.

As someone who uses Telegram intensively for years, I like the idea and would certainly use it. In any case, as I have always argued, the real purpose is to attract more audiences here on the forum through publications of links to threads and try to intrigue perhaps by not discovering everything on telegram.Regarding Telegram removing some of the activity from bitcointalk, I don't think that would be the case as those two platforms are quite different and one can't really replace the other. And who knows, maybe it would even bring new users to bitcointalk.

Thank you Rikafip for the support and yes as you say Discord does not have the same user experience in cryptocurrency numbers compared to telegram not to mention the user experience that is terrifying among other things. I am sure telegram users will appreciate this initiative.

Anyway, as I have always argued, the real purpose is to attract more audiences here on the forum through publications of links to threads and try to intrigue perhaps by not discovering everything on telegram.

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
November 22, 2022, 07:12:27 AM
I don't think there's a huge difference between discord and telegram because the main reason why we use is to communicate with the others.
Discord is more forum-like than Telegram (at least before this new Telegram feature to divide chats), but telegram is way more popular than Discord among crypto community so its no surprise that bitcointalk Discord server kinda failed in its intention, despite all the effort.

As someone who uses Telegram intensively for years, I like the idea and would certainly use it. Regarding Telegram removing some of the activity from bitcointalk, I don't think that would be the case as those two platforms are quite different and one can't really replace the other. And who knows, maybe it would even bring new users to bitcointalk.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1547
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
November 22, 2022, 06:54:03 AM
The conclusion users are prefer to write a post in this forum, not in the social media.

I am sure that a large part of the reason for this is the economic incentive to post on the forum. If the OP would get sponsors and have people get paid to post there, as he says, I'm sure he would get more traffic than Discord. I'm maybe not so used to Telegram but I don't know if younger people might prefer that medium.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 764
November 22, 2022, 04:31:05 AM
We already have unofficial Bitcointalk discord server created by Cyrus in this thread [Bitcointalk Party - Discord sv] Bitcoin Pizza bake-off contest! Enter by 29 May.

I don't think there's a huge difference between discord and telegram because the main reason why we use is to communicate with the others. But as you can see on the discord server right now, there's only Gene, Rizzrack, and pupkit are active, also there's not so much discussion unlike in this forum.

legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 4224
November 22, 2022, 01:56:47 AM

Yes, perhaps there is the possibility of doing this check, I will talk about it with Babo. I'm thinking that the telegram forum notification bot also interfaces via UID and username

Only thing I can think is a sort of 2FA authentication.
The bot has a profile in Bitcointalk, and sends a PM to the user with a secret key that must be returned on Telegram.
This might be done manually by some Telegram admin.
This is the only way to be sure fillippone in the BitcoinTalk Telegram is the same fillippone in Telegram, even if the nick/handle ae different (like myself).

I just talked to Babo who assured me that forum users can be verified on telegram, obviously this will only be worth in the group where the bot for verification resides and which handle could be different from that of the forum. Unfortunately guys there are limitations compared to the forum but the user experience we can try to make it pleasant and similar.

yes i can do, the verification is similar to keybase.io (i love it before zoom acquisition)
my bot give you unique number
you write a thread or post, and link it to bot
bot verify, if number/hash is written by user BABO, you are verified like BABO

One last think: I see little competition between the medium.
On the Italian Board we started experimenting (this is what we are talking about: experiments) with different medium which are three different and complementary formats for sharing information:

1. Telegram for the quick, instinctive and animal/short memory/short attention span question and answers that is so fashionable today.
2. The forum for more reasoned discussion and for the display of complex tris.
3. The wiki for “stratified and accepted” knowledge about which there is little to discuss.

i love this man Smiley
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
November 22, 2022, 12:41:42 AM
Good initiative, but I am not interested in Telegram I just stick with the website itself because its clean, simple,easy and its really a best place for someone who loves reading while on apps like Telegram there will be lot of distractions, pop up, privacy issues so notification bots are enough and I am happy with it.
November 21, 2022, 06:38:53 PM
Well it is a good idea to change groups with a consistent flow of messages otherwise your smartphone will vibrate so much that it competes with a sex toys, but fortunately telegram changes substantial groups by default.
Your naughty answer makes my eyes look even more tired, yeah I guess I should get closer to my soft couch. OK, I understand there. Good luck to you.  Cheesy

They are not all Italian but most are, but I don't see how it can be a problem.
Even if you have said something true, then I hope you really succeed in making this forum more and more popular among your group members there. Bitcointalk.org is more complex for many discussion they need, so push them more here if they haven't already.

Friendly reminder; don't post consecutively in less than 24 hours, it's break one of the rules on bitcointalk.org.

legendary
November 21, 2022, 06:31:29 PM
Well it is a good idea to change groups with a consistent flow of messages otherwise your smartphone will vibrate so much that it competes with a sex toys, but fortunately telegram changes substantial groups by default.
Your naughty answer makes my eyes look even more tired, yeah I guess I should get closer to my soft couch. OK, I understand there. Good luck to you.  Cheesy

They are not all Italian but most are, but I don't see how it can be a problem.
Even if you have said something true, then I hope you really succeed in making this forum more and more popular among your group members there. Bitcointalk.org is more complex for many discussion they need, so push them more here if they haven't already.

Friendly reminder; don't post consecutively in less than 24 hours, it's break one of the rules on bitcointalk.org.
November 21, 2022, 06:17:00 PM
OP, I appreciate your efforts to drive more interest into bitcoin via group chats on telegram. But don't you feel that something like this will be easily ignored by many users and boring when they feel the notification will disturb their rest time?

I don't like group chats like this even though they can basically be grouped by topic. But I am surprised that your chat group has 370+ users at the moment, are they all Italian?

I see a mute symbol based on your preference, meaning you're more likely to ignore a chat due to persistent notifications.

Well it is a good idea to change groups with a consistent flow of messages otherwise your smartphone will vibrate so much that it competes with a sex toys, but fortunately telegram changes substantial groups by default. They are not all Italian but most are, but I don't see how it can be a problem. Rather we should look at the statistics among the daily active members here on the forum and on telegram.

Anyway thanks for the merit

On the Italian Board we started experimenting (this is what we are talking about: experiments) with different medium which are three different and complementary formats for sharing information:

1. Telegram for the quick, instinctive and animal/short memory/short attention span question and answers that is so fashionable today.
3. The wiki for “stratified and accepted” knowledge about which there is little to discuss.

Ah the wiki that genius found of our babo. And to say that you could also bring this to know and interact in parallel on both platforms.
legendary
November 21, 2022, 06:06:58 PM
OP, I appreciate your efforts to drive more interest into bitcoin via group chats on telegram. But don't you feel that something like this will be easily ignored by many users and boring when they feel the notification will disturb their rest time?

I don't like group chats like this even though they can basically be grouped by topic. But I am surprised that your chat group has 370+ users at the moment, are they all Italian?

I see a mute symbol based on your preference, meaning you're more likely to ignore a chat due to persistent notifications.

legendary
November 21, 2022, 06:05:44 PM

November 21, 2022, 05:46:51 PM

Yes, perhaps there is the possibility of doing this check, I will talk about it with Babo. I'm thinking that the telegram forum notification bot also interfaces via UID and username

The bot has a profile in Bitcointalk, and sends a PM to the user with a secret key that must be returned on Telegram.
This is the only way to be sure fillippone in the BitcoinTalk Telegram is the same fillippone in Telegram, even if the nick/handle ae different (like myself).

I just talked to Babo who assured me that forum users can be verified on telegram, obviously this will only be worth in the group where the bot for verification resides and which handle could be different from that of the forum. Unfortunately guys there are limitations compared to the forum but the user experience we can try to make it pleasant and similar.
legendary
November 21, 2022, 05:41:29 PM

Pages:
Jump to: