Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin: The Downward Trend Continues - page 3. (Read 4973 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011
April 11, 2014, 08:48:50 PM
In some ways a long, slow slide is a worse sign for Bitcoin than a great crash, as the gradual decline may signify a loss of confidence in the system itself.

A long, slow slide is just what Bitcoin needed.  I welcome a "significant loss of confidence in the system itself".  If Bitcoin can be easily killed by such a loss of confidence then it would be better for us to learn this now rather than later.  If it survives (as it did in late 2011) then it (and cryptocurrency in general) earns another stripe.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
April 11, 2014, 07:30:32 PM
the trend seems to be reversing, and the trend is due to reverse in May or June.

I don't think it will go below $300ish, but i think it may have a few more dips in the coming weeks before it will blast of to new highs.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
April 11, 2014, 06:40:35 PM
Oh look a steady down trend

The 3 bubbles in order
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Activity: 280
April 11, 2014, 01:17:05 AM
The fact that we rely on China to be setting the value is disturbing. It just tells me we'll be in the $150-250 range within days of any certain ban in the region.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
April 11, 2014, 12:58:28 AM
Just watch for the downward trap...lol

it will snap up. Coiling spring in progress. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
April 11, 2014, 12:05:22 AM
Buyers have renetered the market ...

Let see if its bull trap ... 340+ is an awesome price for BTC

Is this fear out of our system yet Huh

Or should we hold until the 15th

One thing I have learned is that a merket will always zig when u expect it to zag  Tongue
Activity: 1
April 10, 2014, 09:07:26 PM
It's a a buyers market right now. If China is forcing people to liquidate assets (Bitcoins), then buyers are taking advantage of that and will pay pennies on the dollar because they know that people are desperate and scared to get their money out before it gets forcibly seized. Those with money could potentially make large gains as the market calms to this event, and they cash in on the market's fear. Just look at what happened after the recent crisis, the wealthy purchased under-valued stock and now they are cashing in on that investment.

I want to caution people that this is a different than the crisis in 08, but there are some lessons to be learned, and there is no guarantee that the price will rise. These are nothing more than media related fluctuations IMO.
Activity: 479
April 10, 2014, 09:06:53 PM
bitcoin2? what am I missing?
Activity: 8
April 10, 2014, 08:57:38 PM
we are in The price drop as was foretasted by majority. Just keep buying.  Bitcoin 2 is in the last stages of development. Then all this manipulation by wall-sharks,managers and bankster will be way much complicated!!! For now just support small local s exchanges make it more diversified.  LArge exchanges are  best for manipulation.

The price is not the problem it is natural effect by manipulation (shake the tree) on the big exchanges  in my opinion. Big boys are buy when little guys are scared :-)

I thing we should concentrate on bitcoins only and minimized inflation like effects by supporting all startupcoins any more.

altcoins are/( were) good for development, but best is stay in 21.000.000 unit limit, all benefits of altcoins are coming  into bitcoin2 this will operate on many parallel chains and each with different benefits.
such a fast one .
microtransaction one.
max-secure one. sky is the limit. but the beauty is the is only 21 M unit.  

multiple- chain system will bring more stability.  (errors stay isolated)

Keep buying  and keep on paper wallets for now, nobody will stop evolution. America is not everything. rest of the world will support it.  This is global wake up call.

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
April 10, 2014, 08:46:28 PM
BTC overvalued are you kidding me?   is way below value, half of bitcoins been mined and is over valued?  wait till the other 20 percent get into bitcoin.  Then lets see how overvalued it will really be.

It is neither undervalued nor overvalued. It's value is precisely what another person is willing to pay you for it. Right now, that is roughly 360.

Thank heaven that I just learnt that bots don't play a role on the various exchanges.
Activity: 101
Merit: 11
April 10, 2014, 08:45:48 PM
bitcoin is digital fiat ... where many govts. are seeing it a threat to paper fiat.  so, they are killing it.  if you don't see that, you aren't being honest imo
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010
April 10, 2014, 08:03:59 PM
BTC overvalued are you kidding me?   is way below value, half of bitcoins been mined and is over valued?  wait till the other 20 percent get into bitcoin.  Then lets see how overvalued it will really be.

It is neither undervalued nor overvalued. It's value is precisely what another person is willing to pay you for it. Right now, that is roughly 360.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
April 10, 2014, 07:34:46 PM

20% ?  Very few people are bitcoin holders. 

And that is the very problem, they are holding not spending it as a currency
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
April 10, 2014, 07:31:11 PM
The future is hard to predict due to geo-political events dictating the price of Bitcoin.

Yes its true the price of Bitcoin has declined. You need to ask yourself do the fundamentals still hold true for why you bought Bitcoin.

In March last year after the Bail-ins took place in Cyprus. The price of Bitcoin rocketed up from $20 dollars to $200. Cyprus makes up only 0.1% of the European Union.

With central banks worldwide in a race to debase their currencies via Quantitative Easing. The fundamentals still hold true for me for owning Bitcoin.

We have had zero interest rate policies for the last 5 years since the financial crisis. People have lost out to inflation by keeping their money in the bank.

With all the madness going on in the world, it is hard to know what tomorrow will bring. But what I do know is that Central banks can only devalue their currencies so much before the public loses complete confidence in the system.

The key point being it is only confidence that gives paper money any value.

The current monetary system in place is based upon debt. Money is created through the existance of loans. Which means there is never enough money in supply to pay it off.

It will only take a small country to have a political crisis, or currency devaluation to drive up the price of Bitcoin again.

If people piggy backed on to Bitcoin just to make a quick buck and are now deciding to jump ship, that is fine by me. No problem at all.

We are just getting rid of the weak hands. Bitcoin is money reinvented and all revolutions take time.

The more transparency there is on Bitcoin the faster the adoption will be. People who don't like Bitcoin are typically the ones that do not understand it.

Give it time my friends, we are still growing as a movement. The best is still yet to come.
Activity: 321
April 10, 2014, 07:23:35 PM
The recent drop from $1200 that has everyones panties is a bunch is because of China getting in/getting out.

May 2011 $4
May 2012 $5
May 2013 $140
May 2014 $375

There is nothing to panic about if you are in it for the long haul. Go lose a couple thousand trading penny stocks if you are bored of bitcoins slow decline in value.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
April 10, 2014, 07:12:06 PM
Meh

Still well above the previous ATH.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
April 10, 2014, 06:53:44 PM

20% ?  Very few people are bitcoin holders. 
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
April 10, 2014, 06:49:12 PM
Bitcoin will only face more antagonism from governments in the future. I don't care, it just makes it more appealing to me.
Activity: 364
April 10, 2014, 06:47:04 PM
Pages:
Jump to: