Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin - the future or the past? - page 2. (Read 1911 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
April 20, 2014, 07:05:57 PM
Bitcoin is the financial platform of the future. Look for new "parallel chains" to be developed that will take Bitcoin to the next level.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
April 20, 2014, 04:11:11 PM
I think Bitcoin, simply put, is about being 'true' money and not relying on any bank or authority to control or issue it.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
April 20, 2014, 04:06:30 PM
faith in bitcoin
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
April 16, 2014, 02:54:24 AM
bitcoin is the precursor to true democracy and democratic world government
 leading to a new era of world utopia
thats my dream
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
April 16, 2014, 12:11:40 AM
In my humble opinion,
What is bitcoin all about? Well its about being able to trade across borders and across societies with out restrictions - this is a currency (some will argue) that allows freedom from international boundaries and some treat it as "discrete transactions" and "untraceable transactions" - and some use it for the wrong reasons! Well how about hard cash? Dollars, Euros, Pounds in your hand between a buyer and a seller or a giver and a taker! What's wrong with it - its like any currency and its how the people choose to use it.

What has this got to do with any government? ---  Governments in time will try to tax this "new" currency and I ask you how can they? (They will try)

(Off topic) If China has embraced BTC but "doesn't totally condone it" (they have atm but they don't want the banks to support it?Huh? - (communist yet collateralising), well that's their politics - Chinese will trade this offshore - and are already doing it!

If I agree to sell you a "Ipod" for instance - pay me in BTC - if you pay import duty to your government then that is OK, if I pay import duty it is OK. I am not a criminal for dealing Crypto!
I believe in freedom of currency that the PEOPLE of the world can trade! - All people and not one nation or several nations having restrictions and their own "conversion rates" on incoming and out going currencies and exchange rates! - Banks are getting scared of losing out (comments please).....

May be Bitcoin isn't the answer to a universal currency - this is just the beginning - the next generation of "Universal - cross border currency" is yet to come. Lets embrace it while its here and make the most of it while it lasts and the future hold a true Universal currency.

I don't think its about a European market, USA dollar market or a Chinese market or any other market
How about about we play it on a level playing field with a universal market?

(All my opinions are my own - slate me if you like - agree with me if you like - this is just out there for debate and I would like all you opinions).....
Pages:
Jump to: