Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin: The smartest investment choice. - page 5. (Read 704 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 258
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 28, 2023, 12:50:53 AM
Crypto is risky for many reasons but don't consider it a safe investment as it can have huge price swings in the blink of an eye. I think Buffett made bad comments about bitcoin because he doesn't like investing in crypto. Before diving into the world of cryptocurrencies it is important to note that cryptocurrencies are highly unpredictable and involve many risks and challenges compared to other investments. You must be patient enough to invest your money in such high risk investments every crypto investor must control their emotions and be as informed as possible before entering the crypto market.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1024
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
October 28, 2023, 12:13:23 AM
Recently, the vice chairman of Berkshire Hathaway and the business partner of Warren Buffett, Charlie Munger, made some controversial remarks about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency at Zoom's Zoomtopia 2023 conference. He called Bitcoin "the stupidest investment I ever saw", and said that most crypto investments will go to zero. He also said that despises Bitcoin's growth and that he would never buy or invest it.
I often hear the same statement over the years, but in fact, bitcoin still has value and rising up on every day. Seem like, Charlie Munger had missed the train. he wants to buy bitcoin at a low price, but at the moment, he has missed the money. Sometimes, I feel sorry for old people who have old thinking about investment. People like this always make fiat money the same as cryptocurrency. So that situation, he felt crypto doesn't have a future because the trend is not the same as he was thinking. Buffett is a great business man, but his way is not suitable for crypto investment whose movement value always changes in a halving phase.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1023
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 28, 2023, 12:02:43 AM
You actually don't have to argue against Munger and Buffet. You don't need to prove them wrong. As a matter of fact, I'm sure both old dogs have already heard of the basic features of Bitcoin. They probably know, for example, that this new technology is decentralized and that it has a fixed supply. But they remain unconvinced and that's perfectly all right. If Bitcoin isn't their cup of tea then so be it. They have their own standards and so far they've been successful using them.

First, we are here to make money, we are not here to prove right or wrong, even if we prove we are right and they are wrong, what benefit will we get in return? So don't pay attention to what they say but focus on what we think is right because our future is decided by us, not them.

Second thing: they claim they hate bitcoin, consider it trash but what guarantee is there that they don't hold it? Because anyone can silently buy bitcoin without anyone knowing.

We come to the financial sector to seek profits, not to argue about who is right and who is wrong, so let's focus on achieving our goals.
Activity: 602
Merit: 442
I buy all valid country Gift cards swiftly.
October 27, 2023, 10:03:33 PM
Own a Bitcoin today, and start from somewhere no matter how small.
I didn’t actually read all you wrote but the last line caught my attention just about when I was skipping this thread and I think I have to quote it. I’ve also noticed that a lot of people don’t actually hold now because they want to own one full fraction of bitcoin all at a time forgetting that everything is in stages and if you can afford a full fraction of bitcoin all at once, then fine but if not, it is always encouraged to do the DCA method as that would be one of the best way to stay actively holding and accumulating.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1854
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
October 27, 2023, 09:43:04 PM
You actually don't have to argue against Munger and Buffet. You don't need to prove them wrong. As a matter of fact, I'm sure both old dogs have already heard of the basic features of Bitcoin. They probably know, for example, that this new technology is decentralized and that it has a fixed supply. But they remain unconvinced and that's perfectly all right. If Bitcoin isn't their cup of tea then so be it. They have their own standards and so far they've been successful using them.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1172
Privacy Servers. Since 2009.
October 27, 2023, 06:58:19 PM
Munger is a walking corpse, it does not matter what people like him & Buffett think about bitcoin. They ere old school, legacy finance guys. What they’ve done their whole life has worked well for them. They will not embrace new tech before they die, which won’t be long. Bitcoin also takes a slice of the pie too so they will never actively support it. But yes of course bitcoin is a great investment, you don’t need them to tell you that.

True, but I can't rule out a possibility that these old farts are actually secretly buying Bitcoin, while bashing it publicly. They are billionaires after all and rich people mostly can see and identify opportunities earlier than normies. I'm sure peeps like Peter Schiff and other gold bugs and Bitcoin naysayers possess huge amounts of Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1253
Cashback 15%
October 27, 2023, 06:28:31 PM
We should not believe everything that is announced on the internet without verifying the truth behind it.  We should not let it influence our decisions and actions in our investment unless we had researched that there it is an astounding fact.

In short do not just rely on others when it comes to our investment.  We need to validate every piece of information and don't just jump to conclusions.  After all when something wrong happens, it is our investment that suffers.  Let us be informed and be knowledgeable ourselves on what is the current event of our investment and we should make sure that we are updated about it.  This way we can easily verify whether the article circulating in the internet is true or not.

and there is little doubt that even if Buffett and his associates are very successful investors, they are completely mistaken when it comes to the views they have about this market.

I do not think they are completely mistaken in their view about Bitcoin market, they have their preferences and Bitcoin market does not meet their preferences.  They have vast experience in the market so, who we are to say that they are completely mistaken in their endeavors?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332
October 27, 2023, 05:43:06 PM
I don't pay attention to such people because they are promoters of FUD. Most of these people know nothing about Bitcoin so there is no need to listen to them. Some of them will promote their own business and talk down on other businesses. Many business people like Charlie Munger and others will soon realize that their doomsday prophesies are nothing but fake prophesies. It was known recently that Warren Buffett invested in cryptocurrency through Nubank after years of criticisms and attacks. Corporate hypocrites.
Exactly, they are just trying to manipulate the market and who knows they owns a Bitcoin too.
If you are an investor just focus on your own strategy and don’t listen to any FUD especially now that the market is growing and with Bitcoin we all know the opportunity to make money. Always diversify your investment, choose the best option and don’t listen to any fake news because they are just trying to disturb you.
Even if listening to others is a must at the beginning when an investor is just learning the ropes, as this is the fastest way to learn more about how the markets works instead of trying to reinvent the wheel by themselves, at some point on the career of every investor they need to begin to think by themselves, since the amount of contradictory information they will read will rise exponentially, and they need decide what is the right choice for them, and there is little doubt that even if Buffett and his associates are very successful investors, they are completely mistaken when it comes to the views they have about this market.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
October 27, 2023, 04:59:26 PM
I don't pay attention to such people because they are promoters of FUD. Most of these people know nothing about Bitcoin so there is no need to listen to them. Some of them will promote their own business and talk down on other businesses. Many business people like Charlie Munger and others will soon realize that their doomsday prophesies are nothing but fake prophesies. It was known recently that Warren Buffett invested in cryptocurrency through Nubank after years of criticisms and attacks. Corporate hypocrites.
Exactly, they are just trying to manipulate the market and who knows they owns a Bitcoin too.
If you are an investor just focus on your own strategy and don’t listen to any FUD especially now that the market is growing and with Bitcoin we all know the opportunity to make money. Always diversify your investment, choose the best option and don’t listen to any fake news because they are just trying to disturb you.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 115
0xe25ce19226C3CE65204570dB8D6c6DB1E9Df74AC
October 27, 2023, 03:54:49 PM
...You have a point and it is so reality base...
Narrarives does changed, but their goal is always the same, a politician always work toward their goal of being a politician. Not saying WB is politician btw. Smiley

...Because they have to, otherwise all of their customers will move to the BTC...
They don't have to worry competition, since they can buyout anything. But they are worrying their followers are migrating at alarming rate.

...We should not think highly of such entities, who only think about themselves...
Years of censorship and indoctrination has always effectively turn people into law abidding citizen. I would see it again and again. Soon many fanboy would begin what they usually do, praise highly of the magical warren buffett and his compouding interests bs get rich magic again, after receiving a few monetary aid from him. Smiley

...All they want is money and they are making less ...

For someone priviledge like the son of a congressman, money is given to them, and they are born rich, while force you to pay and no free lunch! they don't fancy a little money they can generate from their brokering firm, but they crave attention badly, they crave young guy listening to their voice. Which is what money can't buy them the attention. Money used to buy votes, but no more!

... have reduced the volume of stocks and forex a lot...
These metrics are too easy to spoof, they can always spam the trading bots to generate random colorful numbers to fool many gullible zoomers.
Activity: 812
Merit: 349
October 27, 2023, 03:48:14 PM
With the way, Bitcoin has gone, this kind of negative remarks from Charlie Munger doesn't hold any water in the crypto space. Millions of people all over the world know what to bitcoin holds for them in future and they has a good opinion about it on how it has changed the financial system of peoples investment all over the world.

Therefore, a thousand people like Charlie Munger combine together can't bring bitcoin down not to talk of a single person like Charlie Munger, thinking he can bring Bitcoin down by discrediting it openly in a senseless manner
Activity: 182
Merit: 120
Cashback 15%
October 27, 2023, 03:32:26 PM
Recently, the vice chairman of Berkshire Hathaway and the business partner of Warren Buffett, Charlie Munger, made some controversial remarks about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency at Zoom's Zoomtopia 2023 conference. He called Bitcoin "the stupidest investment I ever saw", and said that most crypto investments will go to zero. He also said that despises Bitcoin's growth and that he would never buy or invest it.
No matter what you say about bitcoin, some people will continue to remain bitcoin critics. They do not want to accept the fact that bitcoin is an asset because it is not seen physically. They have forgotten that love, happiness and the likes are not also seen but real. Bitcoin is a coin, but digital and not seen but it is real, having a limited supply that will make it scarce. People are buying it, its adoption continues and its marketcap and price continue to increase than decrease.
I think the major reason people will continue to criticize bitcoin will be the price, the price is not stable, that's why most bitcoin investors say bitcoin investment is very risky but I don't see anything risky in bitcoin investment. Why?
An investor is not suppose to make use of his investment money until it gets to his target time, sometimes people investing in bitcoin are still the people who share the wrong information outside because how will a total stranger who knows nothing about bitcoin start speaking wrong about bitcoin, no it doesn't work that way.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 595
October 27, 2023, 03:25:33 PM
Don't you all get it? He is trying to potray his company stock is great and charming, by calling it's competitor "the stupidest investment I ever saw". Stock is high value asset, not trying to sell debt!
You have a point and it is so reality base, BTC and other types of digital tokens are giving hard competition to their own companies and they are losing customers due to BTC, that's why they are talking bad about BTC. Because they have to, otherwise all of their customers will move to the BTC. Or at least a few will move onto the BTC and other tokens.

We should not think highly of such entities, who only think about themselves, because they don't care about decentralization, freedom of finance, speech, etc. All they want is money and they are making less in their business due to Bitcoin so they are talking rubbish about it.

We have to do our own research and make our investments, I am sure that cryptocurrencies have reduced the volume of stocks and forex a lot.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 370
October 27, 2023, 02:55:58 PM
Doesn't really matter what random people are saying about Bitcoin. Couple of years ago, such negative statements used hurt the market but not anymore. We are immune from negative publicity from random economic gurus.
I can still remember famous personalities going against bitcoin because of its high volatility, some called it a bubble that will burst out when the scheme is done, some called it trash, some called it useless and can't fight with the fiat, but look what happened, they all ate their words with the price of bitcoin and the entirety of the crypto market. just look how we position the market after all those years of bashing.

But Bitcoin is not really the smartest investment to be honest. Yes, if you do not pay taxes, that is fine. But whoever pays taxes and wants to stand with the law, Bitcoin is not that lucrative as it was earlier, due to heavy taxes in many countries.
Technically it is not. I agree, because bitcoin is volatile, simply as it. But we can consider bitcoin a wise investment, why? because at one point we know for sure that bull market will come and the price of bitcoin will skyrocket.

Bitcoin can beat every other asset in pre-tax return but not for post-tax return.
Why are we talking about tax on bitcoin  Huh
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1004
October 27, 2023, 01:46:16 PM
Activity: 1008
Merit: 141
October 27, 2023, 01:37:09 PM
snip

In conclusion, Bitcoin is a decentralized, scarce, innovative, adaptable, inclusive, and global. It is a superior form of money and a store of value. I can't even begin to emphasize how much of a revolution it is in the world. I hope this thread, has enlightened you and destroyed whatever doubt some of you, especially the newbies have about Bitcoin. Sure, it has its disadvantages, but what good thing doesn't? So, let's be like Satoshi Nakamoto and not like Charlie Munger.

Own a Bitcoin today, and start from somewhere no matter how small.
Charlie Munger is a close friend of Warren Buffet, she will always follow whatever is thought by Warren Buffet, well Warren Buffet has said his hates against Bitcoin, i still remember how Warren Buffet stabbed Bitcoin almost the same as Tulip Bubble but until now it was not proven at all, instead from day to day we increasingly see new investors began to glance at Bitcoin and make Bitcoin as one of the protectors of their asset values.  Bitcoin will always have an enemy because Bitcoin has messed up several large businesses and make drastic changes in the world's financial system.
Activity: 728
Merit: 512
October 27, 2023, 12:50:33 PM

People like this I don't have the luxury of listening to as a result of them not going same pathway with me they are just there to drain energy and because they ain't doing it they also want other people not to do it forgetting that it's not in their place to decide.

Charlie Munger has made his own decisions years ago which turned him to become a vice chairman of  Berkshire Hathaway, am sure in his start of investment there were people that talk him down from going ahead that it would run to zero eventually but today he's a successful business in his area of choice of investment.

In same vein he should allow some of us that have chosen the bitcoin path of investment to take our own risk in life whether bitcoin goes zero (which obvious it won't) or not life is all about risk taking, and bitcoin has proven over time that it's worth risking. Many of these Rick folks are just afraid that there would be more increase rich young folks at the top of the pyramid with their investment in the leading cryptocurrency bitcoin reaching it's market cap eventually and they keep precipitating propagandas to quell the adoption fire.
Activity: 882
Merit: 355
Duelbits
October 27, 2023, 12:18:03 PM
Currently, bitcoin has become an attractive choice as a means of investment, especially for millennials and currently millennials tend to prefer investing in bitcoin compared to other types of investment such as government bonds and shares, especially with increasingly advanced technological developments, this increasingly encourages millennials. to invest in digital form. However, it also needs to be understood that Bitcoin is an investment with high volatility, so in making this investment we are required to be smarter and have to be extra patient because otherwise this investment will not provide any profit at all.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 115
0xe25ce19226C3CE65204570dB8D6c6DB1E9Df74AC
October 27, 2023, 12:04:51 PM
Don't you all get it? He is trying to potray his company stock is great and charming, by calling it's competitor "the stupidest investment I ever saw". Stock is high value asset, not trying to sell debt!
Activity: 1204
Merit: 466
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
October 27, 2023, 11:24:54 AM
No matter what you say about bitcoin, some people will continue to remain bitcoin critics. They do not want to accept the fact that bitcoin is an asset because it is not seen physically. They have forgotten that love, happiness and the likes are not also seen but real. Bitcoin is a coin, but digital and not seen but it is real, having a limited supply that will make it scarce. People are buying it, its adoption continues and its marketcap and price continue to increase than decrease.
This is not something new, they think of themselves as the smartest investors and the ones having huge investments, they gave $40 million dollars to museums as a gift, and we all know that smart investors don't gift huge money just to some museum as gifts  Wink well, they even called BTC a "probably rat poison squared" and "almost certainly" come to a "bad ending." and "You can't value bitcoin because it's not a value-producing asset." They think of trading as "just dementia".
source

If they really think that trading is some kind of dementia and BTC or cryptocurrency cannot produce them or anyone, any profits, and saying, it is useless. I think they are just regretting that they did not invest in it.

I mean, they call themselves, smart, did not invest in BTC, calling it dementia, it means, they remain in the world of culture, and reality, they don't like the world of digitalization and computers. They don't trust programs or coding, but they trust paintings (that they invested gifted $40 million)
Pages:
Jump to: