Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoin thieves ? - page 2. (Read 1576 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 05, 2017, 04:52:14 PM
Hey, i'm newbie in this industry and I've came across this article - https://fxpmarkets.blog/2017/08/29/crypto-thieves/
Is it true ?
if so - what is the best way to protect our coins?

You must hold your coins yourself, this way if you lose them you know its your fault. Leaving your assets on exchanges and wallets without the private key is dangerous and you should always be prepared for the worst.

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
September 05, 2017, 05:45:57 AM
Where can i read about storing my wallet offline? do i need some extra strong computer for it ?
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
September 04, 2017, 06:52:11 PM
i think they use steal their phone number and try to login in victim's account and start to send all of the bitcoin into their account, i think its not system of bitcoin weakness, but the victim is the weakness and give her email, phone number into thieves so the thieves can stole the bitcoin easly
I think it is not so easy to do this now because the bitcoin organization has launched a lot of safe and secure wallets for this purpose and using this wallet will make you avoid the loss of the bitcoin and it will give you more profit because you will be able to hold your bitcoin for long time using wallet will provide you a security key and the password of your wallet then no one can hack or steal your bitcoin until you share your wallet key with then and if they try for it then it is useless for them.
As far as someone has his private key in his pockets, nobody can steal his bitcoins and I am sure no one is that blind to trust anyone with such credential. Still, this world has people of all kind and I can bet there would be people out there who have shared it already, especially loving birds.
Activity: 354
September 04, 2017, 12:12:35 AM
Hey, i'm newbie in this industry and I've came across this article - https://fxpmarkets.blog/2017/08/29/crypto-thieves/
Is it true ?
if so - what is the best way to protect our coins?

of course it is very possible semangakin growing technology and create digital money so semankin a lot of hackers ,, fortunately melindingi your coins that is by storing in the wallet offline
Activity: 644
Merit: 255
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 03, 2017, 10:55:39 PM
Is it true ?

Yeah that is true., the more the bitcoin or other crypto currencies become more popular the more the bitcoin hackers/thieves multiply. So for us just be carefull of using or even selecting your bitcoin wallet. To avoid lossing btc we should be responsible and be assured that all the details of our acc./wallet is fully secured.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
September 03, 2017, 10:40:48 PM
It is a good idea to check the address 2 times you will send a virus, the virus will change the address of the opposite party during the transfer, that is, copy its own address.
Activity: 949
Merit: 517
September 03, 2017, 10:37:36 PM
For me it is very risk that we have bitcoin in online wallet, because we don't know when the attacker attacked our wallets and be sure to backup our bitcoin savings in hardwallet or in offline wallet in order to safeguard our savings.
There are many ways that our wallet to be hacked and it is in our hand how to handle such things in our bitcoin savings.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 584
September 03, 2017, 09:39:58 PM
Good day . For me the best wallet to avoid thieves is web wallet instead of hardware wallet.  .and also wallet that have a 2factor authentication so that our bitcoin will be safe and secure. And also the best strategy to avoid thieves is changing your password every month. . I hope it can help .
well according to me it does not make any difference to changes your transaction or your wallet I just want to say that mark my words respected mate that bitcoin is going to become more popular there are a lot of wallets that can make bitcoin safe and you will not be able to lose your bitcoin by the bad robbers and the thieves blockchain is my only selection in this case so take your bitcoin and put them into blockchain and your hardware wallets so get a move on…. And try it and save your bitcoin from extorting.
Activity: 994
Merit: 256
September 03, 2017, 08:06:20 AM
i think they use steal their phone number and try to login in victim's account and start to send all of the bitcoin into their account, i think its not system of bitcoin weakness, but the victim is the weakness and give her email, phone number into thieves so the thieves can stole the bitcoin easly
I think it is not so easy to do this now because the bitcoin organization has launched a lot of safe and secure wallets for this purpose and using this wallet will make you avoid the loss of the bitcoin and it will give you more profit because you will be able to hold your bitcoin for long time using wallet will provide you a security key and the password of your wallet then no one can hack or steal your bitcoin until you share your wallet key with then and if they try for it then it is useless for them.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 283
September 03, 2017, 12:21:37 AM
Good day . For me the best wallet to avoid thieves is web wallet instead of hardware wallet.  .and also wallet that have a 2factor authentication so that our bitcoin will be safe and secure. And also the best strategy to avoid thieves is changing your password every month. . I hope it can help .
Activity: 952
Merit: 323
September 03, 2017, 12:07:58 AM
That article is talking about failed exchanges and exchanges where are undergoing problems. In this situation is easy to protect your bitcoin, just keep them in your wallet and don't keep them on an exchange. Choosing a desktop wallet is better than choosing a web wallet and choosing a hardware wallet is the best you can do to protect your coins.
very risky to keep our coin on exchanges for a long term because it is potentially to stole and scammed by exchanges it self. hard wallet is the most favorite wallet  to keep our coin safe. but did not every cryptocurrencies have hard wallet.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
September 03, 2017, 12:03:22 AM
There are so many ways to secure your funds you can buy any hardware wallet or make one in your usb. Just type on google cold storage for bitcoin you will find so mamy ways of securinf your funds offline. I would recommend you to buy a hardware rather than making one as it is more safer and when you make if you screw up a step you lose all your coins
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
September 03, 2017, 12:00:35 AM
So your'e saying that if i keep my coins back'd up in a wallet i cant get hack'd ? 
all depends on your own ,, wherever we save bitcoin, if we are not vigilant, hackers can steal it, so you must keep your wallet key safely .. if it is online wallet still there is possibility of stolen ,, better use ofline wallet like trezor, hackers can't steal it.
Activity: 294
September 02, 2017, 04:50:39 PM
To protect your coins, you only need to use a hardware purse, not on the exchange, as many newcomers do, and also be careful of virus attacks and always make a backup copy.
Activity: 490
September 02, 2017, 04:39:32 PM
Going for hardware wallet or paper wallet, or even desktop wallet. Go for high security for your wallet and remember not to show your wallet to anybody or even on the internet like Facebook, etc. And the most important thing that i've learnt, is do not trust anybody on the internet these days.
There are thieves everywhere in the world and of every kind; I mean different kind of thieves. Some thief stole ideas, some stole money some thief stole cars and kids. So we all will to manage a very strong security to safe our investment and bitcoin. Because if it is thief all the life savings will disappear in moment. Paper money or digital money all needs security, and the security should be very tight that no thief will able to break in and goes inter.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
September 01, 2017, 12:17:26 AM
More bitcoin becomes popular,more will the hacking and stealing increase
The user must follow suitable measures to protect their crypto currencies
Activity: 700
August 31, 2017, 10:31:03 PM
Hardware wallets seem like the most convenient and safe option, but you can yet use paper wallets. Perhaps several of them in small chunks that you can use separately when you have to withdraw...

I don't trust this paper wallets since you might misplace it somewhere. If you don't want your bitcoin to be steal by someone, use hardware wallet like trezor and so on, it is a little bit expensive, but at least you could assure yourself that your bitcoin is in safe hands, unlike those web wallets out there, Trezor is more safe and secured.
Activity: 868
Merit: 506
August 31, 2017, 12:17:48 PM
I agree with most of the comments here, the safest way to hold your coins and not be stolen would be to keep it in a hardwallet or offline wallet which mostly is the suggestion for most traders here.
Activity: 49
Merit: 1
August 31, 2017, 12:15:08 PM
Your link has been removed so we can't see it.
I have just got my Ledger nano s, which is a hardware wallet, and I'm satisfied with it.
I don't have to worry about my keys being stolen due to keeping them unencrypted on external pendrive which can fail anytime.
Paper wallets are cheaper but less convienient and you still have to keep them in a safe place.

But ledger wallet is a device too and it can fail anytime. Also i think ledger is risky in the sense single point of failure and prone for hack/compromise.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
August 31, 2017, 12:12:51 PM
The article is not about "your" coins.

That article is about coins you have entrusted to online wallets or exchanges.
And some of them are actually "hacks" done by themselves and then blaming some unknown entity.
Simple exit scams.

Of course , everything can be eventually stolen, except maybe your soul but that doesn't mean there are a million "hackers" out there who could in 2 seconds steal your coins.
If you take enough measures you can sleep easy at night.

Pages:
Jump to: