Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin transaction confirmed within 20 minutes - page 3. (Read 2529 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 251
The transaction from exhange always faster in my opinion because maybe we pay a quite significant withdrawal fee and they use quite high satoshi/byte. It's different when using block chain wallet because even when i use the recommended fee sometime the fee fall below 120 Satoshi /byte.
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
in third world developing countries $1= upto 20 hour minimum wage

so in many ways in the non american mindset $1 is bad..
but some people are stuck in their american 'richguy' mindset

remember the tx fee has no relevance to the amount moved. i think the OP would complain if he was moving just 0.01btc and still needing to pay $1

if you think bitcoin is ok for the rich and nothing needs to change. then bitcoins ethos of helping the unbanked has been lost
Thank you for thinking about us, poor people who rarely transact over 50USD. Yea, you read right 50USD is considerable amount for some.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
I'm in America and I expect zero cost transactions as well...

In fact for purchasing at a store, I expect to be paid by the credit card companies...
- snip -

TANSTAAFL

Transactions in America aren't zero cost.  The cost is just hidden from you.

You use a credit card that pays you 1% in "rewards", and the credit card company charges the merchant 10% in "transaction fees".  To cover this cost, the merchant charges 10% more for the item he is selling than he otherwise would have if he didn't accept credit cards

I don't think that the reality is that simple

I don't deny that the processing company (Visa, Mastercard, etc) charges the corresponding costs which are paid by the merchant, though I don't think it is anywhere near 10% but I may be wrong, after all. So that's not my point. What I basically disagree with is that it is the buyer who always and necessarily overpays. In other words, just because the merchant pays extra costs to the processing company, this alone doesn't give you an opportunity to buy that item cheaper elsewhere (by approximately the amount of costs). The merchant may be earning via volume while still keeping prices at the same level with his competitors which do not pay such costs at all. Therefore, it is a win-win situation for every party involved
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
OK with all the posts about transactions fees and transaction holds etc .. thought I'd post my experience ..

I have just transferred 2 Bitcoin from my Kraken trading account to my blockchain wallet ... cost of transaction: 0.0005 bitcoin so actual coins received in wallet 1.9995 ... 4 confirmations received within 20 minutes (19 minutes to be exact)

Personally I was expecting maybe a day for the transaction to be completed lol (especially with all the scary posts on the forum) so 20 minutes was pleasantly surprising.
Well there is nothing to get surprise in that.Most of the well known exchanges charge only very low fee for transactions.For example,poloneix charges only 0.0001 btc for a transaction.For that reason,i even store my bitcoins in exchange so that i could send bitcoin at a very low transaction fee and quickly.But its not advisable to store bitcoins in exchange.Better store it in your wallet.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
All of my last transactions which were made during this month took 4-3 days. Above there were a lot of opinions why your transaction was so fast, but I think you just could catch the luck. We all loose our money waiting for the transaction to be confirmed.
Is there a chance that your short time transaction wasn't just sudden luck? I wish to try with my bitcoins as soon as possible to see it my own eyes.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
OK with all the posts about transactions fees and transaction holds etc .. thought I'd post my experience ..

I have just transferred 2 Bitcoin from my Kraken trading account to my blockchain wallet ... cost of transaction: 0.0005 bitcoin so actual coins received in wallet 1.9995 ... 4 confirmations received within 20 minutes (19 minutes to be exact)

Personally I was expecting maybe a day for the transaction to be completed lol (especially with all the scary posts on the forum) so 20 minutes was pleasantly surprising.
I also experienced faster transactions now compared to the past few days that takes even a week for my transaction to confirm and now i can received my withdrawals from bittrex to my wallet without waiting a lot of time, i think this is the proof that the team is working on the network and soon we will experience a smooth transaction when the rumors will be true like the segwit.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...

when you make a withdrawal from a service, like what you did and withdrawn from your exchange Kraken, the service takes a fee from you and pays a different amount of fee on the transition. you paid 0.0005BTC to Kraken, your transaction fee may have been different depending on the size of it, it may have even been bigger.

for example when I make a withdrawal from bittrex they still take 0.0002BTC from me but they pay a much higher fee on transactions like 0.0007BTC
Activity: 1932
Merit: 504
that is why i prefer to send bitcoin from exchanger ( usually on bittrex ) it only need a few hours to confirm and it is not like when i use blockchain it take a couple days to my transaction get confirmed
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
OP still paid $1

yea in america some think moving funds for $1 is good

here in england i can do a bank transfer FREE
i can use an ATM FREE
i can get a cashiers cheque FREE

remember the tx fee has no relevance to the amount moved. i think the OP would complain if he was moving just 0.01btc and still needing to pay $1

if you think bitcoin is ok for the rich and nothing needs to change. then bitcoins ethos of helping the unbanked has been lost

The miners are becoming very greedy. That price of Bitcoin has already tripled in a year yet the will not include your transaction with a "low" fee. How is it still low if Bitcoin is already at $2000 per coin?

They should do the hard fork to BU already if that is what they really want.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Because you have only 1 input that is why it is fast with your paid fees. With My experience though I send $8 worth of bitcoin and paying almost $2 of transaction fees because I have 6 inputs that resulted to a 1kb size and I don't know why did it happen even though I receive it from a single withdrawal.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
This is a very complex problem. The delay of bitcoin transactions can reduce the bourge of bitcoin in the world market.
One that we can do now is by increasing the amount of delivery fee. Because this can overcome the delay of each transaction.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
I usually do small transactions once a week and it has been a while since I was able to have a confirmation as quick as yours. I only use the recommended fees since I am in no hurry, but still 3 hours of confirmation is not something that I am willing to get used to when in fact there are faster ways in which I can do my other transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

I typically have confirmation tomes somewhat similar to this even with some smaller transactions, nothing big like nearly 2 BTC moving at once. I pay about $0.75CAD and it gets there within an hour most of the time, but I fairly consistently get transactions at 3-ish confirmations by an hour, maybe two on off days.

If there's a spam attack it takes longer, but I'm also not consistently experiencing these long transaction times. I don't know why.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658

In fact for purchasing at a store, I expect to be paid by the credit card companies...
- snip -

TANSTAAFL

Transactions in America aren't zero cost.  The cost is just hidden from you.

You use a credit card that pays you 1% in "rewards", and the credit card company charges the merchant 10% in "transaction fees".  To cover this cost, the merchant charges 10% more for the item he is selling than he otherwise would have if he didn't accept credit cards.

So, you pay an extra 10% more than you should have to in order to get 1% paid to you from the credit card company, and they've tricked you into thinking that you are coming out ahead.

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
OP still paid $1

i can use an ATM FREE

Exactly, $1 for fee it's really big it might just a little money for some people but for me and for those who living in 3rd country, not at all . $1 it such a big amount since all of activities that you've just mentioned above is totally free in here. I don't blame bitcoin cause i realize that bitcoin isn't suitable for small transaction, big thanks for those who have created altcoins now i can move my coins from one exchanger to another exchanger without worried about the fee.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
OP still paid $1

i can use an ATM FREE

I guess zero fee transactions aren't getting processed quickly these days anymore?  Bummer!

Is an alt coin taking the lead here?
Activity: 714
Merit: 516
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

because sending fee is very high
you can see tx id transaction, how much sending fee per bytes i think is over 250 satoshi/bytes
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
OP still paid $1

i can use an ATM FREE

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

I don't know how you got lucky, but recently I have transferred around 150 USD from my blockchain account to localbitcoins account as I needed some urgent fund. The transaction fees was dynamic and I actually paid around 5 USD fees for transacting that amount. Since it is a very minor portion of my bitcoin holdings, I didn't feel bad. Also the transaction was confirmed withing 25 minutes.

However, if I had transferred a big amount, then the transaction fees would have been much bigger in value. This system needs improvement and adoption of better technology. Otherwise, many people like me will start investing in ETH along with bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
I never had that, guess I'm unlucky. My transactions always get stuck and especially now in the last 2 or 3 weeks, it's been a nightmare. I sent my last transaction on thursday and on monday it was still unconfirmed. It had not dropped from the mempool so I rebroadcasted it and we shall see if it goes through by the end of the week.
Pages:
Jump to: