Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin transactions aren't reversible... I'm confuse - page 2. (Read 286 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
You can! The scenario you have given here are creating two transactions.

1st transaction - Sending from A to B
2nd transaction - Sending from B to A

These two transactions are different and you will pay transaction fees two times. But you can't cancel any transactions once sent. In banking system, if you make a wrong transaction, you can call up the back and after providing proper authentication, you can ask them to cancel the transaction because it was wrongly made. That's not the case with bitcoin. Hope this helps!
Activity: 1708
Merit: 541
I send 1BTC to address "B" from Address "A". Next I try to send back that 1BTC to address "A" from address "B". Is it an impossible thing?
No.

Simply put, irreversible means there is no way to "cancel" or undo a transaction once it was made and confirmed. Compare it with Paypal where you can open a dispute and get your money back if the deal went bad or something.
Activity: 17
Merit: 2
Bitcoin transactions aren't reversible..

Due to lack of awareness about crypto, I'm still confuse at this topic. Does it mean something like this,

I send 1BTC to address "B" from Address "A". Next I try to send back that 1BTC to address "A" from address "B". Is it an impossible thing?
Pages:
Jump to: