Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Unlimited - page 2. (Read 2530 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry
March 20, 2017, 09:58:10 AM
With the current version, the only way is to choose a server that you trust to be on the side of the fork you want. (disable auto-connect)

Right after the hard fork, we will be able to make a new release, that includes a checkpoint, because the block headers will differ.

Hi ThomasV,
I love the electrum wallet and have been a user for 3 years now.  I have many portable wallets on many USB sticks, I keep a bitcoin on each stick. However, how am i to know which server to choose? How will I know which server to trust? How do I know if the server I choose belongs to Roger Vere or not?

I could run my own electrum server but i am a windows kiddie and do not use Linux distributions. I stay way clear of Ubuntu for Political reasons relating to Mark Shuttleworth as i am a British National.

Although I love the "portability" of elecrtum portable wallets, i also run a Core Full Node that signals for SegWit.
Maybe I would be better off putting all my Bitcoin on a Core Node wallet until this charade is over.

I do not support Bitcoin Unlimited as they are like all altcoins, a Privately owned monetary system with a single point of failure, the owner.
Bitcoin is public money with no single commander in chief.

When the fork happens I will want to claim my BUCs so I can immediately sell them for BTC.
If you love Bitcoin and love freedom, I suggest all readers do the same.

So,.. ThomasV,
Will electrum put out a wallet after the fork for splitting coins?
Will electrum put out a wallet after the fork with replay protection for BUCs?
Will there be a portable version?
Will electrum put out a wallet after the fork with replay protection for BTC, because all current electrum wallets have no replay protection?

People, you are about to enter a world of REPLAY ATTACKS where coins spent on one chain will disappear from the other.
The only advise i can give you all is MATTHEW 24:4
"Watch out that no one deceives you"

The fork will happen when you least expect it, Be prepared!
Activity: 1932
Merit: 940
March 19, 2017, 02:54:35 AM
Thanks Pooya87 for the Console tab trick.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
March 19, 2017, 01:25:13 AM
as a basic user of electrum wallet, how could i choose the good server (bitcoin core) ?
thanks

good server? that is an odd term Smiley
and you don't need to worry about that now and possibly not for a long time and hopefully never.

but to change servers you either click on the circle on the bottom right corner of Electrum window or from the menues go to Tools > Network and choose a server that you trust. most of them announce what kind of node they are running if you switch to the Console tab
Activity: 1932
Merit: 940
March 18, 2017, 03:18:21 PM
as a basic user of electrum wallet, how could i choose the good server (bitcoin core) ?
thanks
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
March 14, 2017, 11:36:46 AM
With the current version, the only way is to choose a server that you trust to be on the side of the fork you want. (disable auto-connect)

Right after the hard fork, we will be able to make a new release, that includes a checkpoint, because the block headers will differ.
Activity: 619
Merit: 500
March 14, 2017, 10:47:56 AM
It will depend which bitcoin implementation the electrum server you are connected to is running.
If the server uses bitcoin core you will see that chain and if it uses bitcoin unlimited you would see the other chain.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571
March 13, 2017, 03:46:04 PM
they will be there in both chains.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
March 13, 2017, 11:54:37 AM
Can anybody explain me which fork will my coins in electrum belong to, if bitcoin forks to bitcoin unlimited and old bitcoin? I think they will have different prices.... and I would like to use more precious coins  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: