Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin User Loses Record $1.1M - page 4. (Read 509 times)

Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
January 18, 2022, 07:36:48 AM
If you had 1M USD,would you want to double them by sending the money to a guy,who promises you 100% profit right away?Those "double your BTC" giveaways are a total nonsense.It doesn't make any sense.
Rich people can be naive.Who knows?
Perhaps this guy is so rich that he could throw away 26 BTC at some "fake giveaway" without caring about the consequences.He probably has 100 million dollars and he doesn't care about losing a million or two. Grin
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
January 18, 2022, 07:16:42 AM
Cases like this just prove that there are a lot of people who are incredibly naive and have no idea what they are doing in life. Someone may now try to blame Bitcoin for everything, but the blame is on a person who believes that someone like Saylor is distributing millions of dollars to random people.

Unfortunately, these people cannot be saved from their own stupidity, I don’t know what else to call it. Scammers live like gods these days, and the saddest thing in the whole story is that no one can do anything to them - at least in most cases.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
January 18, 2022, 07:01:55 AM

A bitcoin user lost more than 26 BTC worth $1.14 million to online thieves posing as MicroStrategy chief executive officer Michael Saylor.

Whale Alert stated, "this scam received the single largest payment ever to a fake giveaway."

Saylor said he reports the scammers to YouTube every 15 minutes, and they are pulled down hours later, but the criminals are relentless.
https://beincrypto.com/bitcoin-user-loses-record-1-1m-scam-michael-saylor-giveaway/

Another ironic story. For me, it looks exactly like this. A person who owns 26 BTC falls for the bait of scammers who, allegedly on behalf of Michael Saylor, promise to double his capital. Maybe I'm too skeptical. Having a decent capital in bitcoins, it would be worth checking the information on several channels than throwing away bitcoins, counting on increasing your capital. While those 26 BTC may not have been the last in his portfolio, and for the owner is not a big loss. Huh
Pages:
Jump to: