Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin vault cube !!! Save your Bitcoins for 10 years - page 2. (Read 4983 times)

Activity: 792
Merit: 1001
Video editing • Animated GIFs • Graphic Design
Interesting idea. Would never do it though.
Activity: 283
Merit: 250
Why not just buy a safe?
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
interesting tutorial.
I will try to make something like this for longterm saving
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002
Actualy, its great idea to save anything in this way (gold, money, other valuable items)  Smiley
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
With mostly of improvement and accept circumstance on every shop online. yes the value of bitcoin will be worth $$$ on future.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
So 50 years from now someone will be digging in your backyard, find a paper wallet for like 1BTC and it will be worth 1 Billion USD (which will be just enough for a loaf of bread in 50 years time, assuming USD still exists) Cheesy
Activity: 563
Merit: 500
Great video, nice idea. Let's build a house with it lol
Personnally i prefer something more easy to moove  and 10 is too long for me, i gonna need it before , for sure
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Interesting idea, but I doubt it would hold up to a "brute force" attack by anyone who realizes what's inside, I've installed my fair share of drywall and I know gypsum is pretty easy to break. I'd suggest instead of marking it with a Bitcoin logo or something similar (as seen on the video), just leave the cube plain with no identifying marks. Better yet, if you can sculpt, make the mold in a different shape to disguise the whole thing as a small decorative statue.

Overall I don't think it's a bad way to store your money long-term as long as you don't make it obvious what's inside. Definitely better than leaving a paper wallet lying around where it could be stolen or photographed.

edit: It would be cool (but pretty obvious that it holds money) to make a mold in the shape of a "piggy bank", bonus points if you can seal the film canister inside while leaving enough hollow space to actually drop coins in through the top. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
Wooow , very nice work !  It is really awesome  Cheesy.

Sent a tip to him , I hope he enjoy it Smiley .
legendary
Bitcoin Time Capsule!

Something like that  Cheesy
I will make one for me soon.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Bitcoin Time Capsule!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
Drywall Cube to protect your Bits!  (changetip got me convinced to talk in bits).
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
saw the video going to make one for my self. and hopefully bitcoin is worth$$$$$$
legendary
Just found this interesting video on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mmt9JHmKss

Idea is to save BTCBTCBTC for  10 years.
Block reward will be halved 2 times and mining diff.
will be very high
Pages:
Jump to: