Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin versus other offline currencies - page 7. (Read 12690 times)

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
December 30, 2017, 03:46:18 AM
I think bitcoin will be a fast transaction in the market because bitcoin  has a different from others bitcoin is have online transaction easy and no hassle unlike other offline currencies in the market that transact many days or months that many people dont like therefor people like now the bitcoin as they money transaction its easy way.
While making a comparison in between bitcoin and other regular currencies, we can treat this bitcoin just like a super currency having lot of advantages over the regular currency.

The best thing of having bitcoin is that it is not only a money but is also the best way of investing your money to make some good amount of profit as well. Other than this, it sort is increasing tremendously unlike other currencies.
In my opinion comparison of bitcoin with other offline currencies is not at all possible, because the facilities provided by the online system of crypto currencies at this early stage are much more than what offline currencies are offering.

The best thing about bitcoin among all is its 24/7 availability and and its transfer system. Just because of these two features, the banking system has seen really low transactions among the countries because people have adapted to bitcoin.

You are right they are different and there is no comparison of bitcoin with other currencies now bitcoin is rapidly increasing in price and value. So I am sure someday bitcoin will beat all other currency if they are comparing bitcoin with them. I trust bitcoin and I know in future bitcoin will be the world currency. I am waiting for the decision of other crypto industry that what they will decide about bitcoin value and price.
I go for offline currency which is more popular and the stability of its value in a sense of what you see is what you get. Yes the bitcoin is too high value right now and popular in many country, but think about online currency. What if someone hack all bitcoin in just a little click ( too many God like hacker on our time ) , do you think it's more convenient when someone stole all you effort in bitcoin community. Just adding some sort of thinking.
i do understand your doubts on bitcoin of hacking incident but i would say it would really need to take how many years for it to happen which quantum computers would really able to affect bitcoin. Comparing it on offline currencies then i would say fiat would really be still no. 1 no matter what and bitcoin is just really an alternative digital currency not only benefiting on its actual usage but also on the opportunity on making money.
There is a huge difference in bitcoin and other cryptocurrency because most of the people are investing only in bitcoin and the reason is high margin of profit. There is no comparison between bitcoin and any other currency. Now many people are investing in ETH, LTC, Ripple but bitcoin has its own value in the market. No doubt bitcoins the king of cryptocurrency world and will remain the king forever.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
December 30, 2017, 01:12:36 AM
As a NEWBIE, how would you explain bitcoin as against other offline currencies?
Which one has more market value and why do you think so ?

Comparing bitcoin against "offline currencies" you mean to say cash? or a thing that has an economical value like jewelries, mostly with precious gold, silver, bronze, etc? If you are looking for what's the real market of bitcoin, try to check out coinmarketcap.com and for the market value of fiat money/cash, the government or your country will tell it how much it was valued. While with the precious things I mentioned try to explore this chart http://www.kitco.com/charts/
m. We all know that they are very different in all aspects, but both are very useful for all of us. Both currency bitcoin/ fiat money has it's own market value, we can use them both in our financial needs. Bitcoin is a modern alternative of payment system wherein we can only have transactions thru the use of the internet. Fiat money is what we use everyday without any hassle of using the internet. Therefore both are very important and there is no need to compare because they are both useful.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
December 27, 2017, 04:30:07 PM
Bitcoin could beat other offline currencies with the global transactions. I want to trade with a friend in US ? No more paypal, it's Bitcoin.

Comparing bitcoin other offline currencies is absurd. We know the main differences of bitcoin to those currencies. And you are talking about PayPal? It needs internet so it can't be considered as something "offline" and besides it's a payment processor not a currency itself so if you are dealing with that thing you must understand that they are totally different.

Lot more differences are there. Bitcoin as a leading currency in the currency market, has shown its benefits and gains to the investors and to its holders. We can keep adding benefits one by one, no tax, no third party required, no more time to spend, no worries on physical theft, no bank required. Only the wallet has to be set secured. No other offline currency has taken over bitcoin value and its unique features as of now. Now, slowly every one has started circulating bitcoin by accepting globally for almost all the stuffs they do online, it can be either purchasing things with bitcoin.

That's the main use of bitcoin now, it is not used today being a cryptocurrency but it is now used as an investment and that's why everyone is holding it. We don't have to worry about physical theft but if you are not that responsible for keeping your private keys then you can be hacked and you can lose your money easily. It all depends on how you can depend on bitcoin vs other offline currencies.
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io
December 27, 2017, 04:12:13 PM
Bitcoin could beat other offline currencies with the global transactions. I want to trade with a friend in US ? No more paypal, it's Bitcoin.

Comparing bitcoin other offline currencies is absurd. We know the main differences of bitcoin to those currencies. And you are talking about PayPal? It needs internet so it can't be considered as something "offline" and besides it's a payment processor not a currency itself so if you are dealing with that thing you must understand that they are totally different.

Lot more differences are there. Bitcoin as a leading currency in the currency market, has shown its benefits and gains to the investors and to its holders. We can keep adding benefits one by one, no tax, no third party required, no more time to spend, no worries on physical theft, no bank required. Only the wallet has to be set secured. No other offline currency has taken over bitcoin value and its unique features as of now. Now, slowly every one has started circulating bitcoin by accepting globally for almost all the stuffs they do online, it can be either purchasing things with bitcoin.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
December 26, 2017, 12:57:58 PM

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 26, 2017, 10:07:21 AM
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
December 26, 2017, 01:51:40 AM
Bitcoin is the main and first crypto currency to have its own stand and vision. Bitcoin is the father of all coins no matter what they say bitcoin now overpasses gold when it comes to growth of interest. As of now there is no greater project than bitcoin.
It was very pretentious to say that no project that had happened would have passed btc. Many people thought that gold silver and iron would be a form of trading for the rest of their lives, but here comes the paper notes, cheaper, easier to make, and abundant material.

Today btc goes beyond that and offers several things that no currency has, but as an adept the theory that humans are evolutionary beings surely in the distant future we will find others to transfer values.
Activity: 50
December 25, 2017, 02:04:54 PM
then would you mind me asking how you handle losses?  e.g., https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/loan-request-35678
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
December 25, 2017, 01:46:26 PM
          Bitcoin is decentralized cryptocurrency with greater value compared to offline currency but it is digital and intangible asset and not all know about it. Unlike the offline currency which is toucheable and we can see with our eyes and even a child know it.
All the offline currencies can only be used as mode of payment and buying of different sort of things and household things. On the other hand, bitcoin is not only a currency but it is also widely used for investing of money and then making out more amount of money from that money. Unlike bitcoin, no regular currencies do need to have an internet connection in order to operate.
Activity: 50
December 25, 2017, 08:39:48 AM
you can explain it if you use repaid credit cards
Bitcoin have high value like price say also blockchain must future control
Activity: 616
December 25, 2017, 04:09:29 AM
bitcoin versus offline currencies, what i love in crypto or bitcoin is, there are no inflation, so the stock in the world of that coin is limited, like in bitcoin the stock in this world only 21 million so i think the price of bitcoin is more stable than other currencies in the world. and the second, every people can use bitcoin as the currencies, they just register theis account in online wallet or offline wlalet
Activity: 352
December 25, 2017, 03:39:50 AM
I think bitcoin will be a fast transaction in the market because bitcoin  has a different from others bitcoin is have online transaction easy and no hassle unlike other offline currencies in the market that transact many days or months that many people dont like therefor people like now the bitcoin as they money transaction its easy way.
While making a comparison in between bitcoin and other regular currencies, we can treat this bitcoin just like a super currency having lot of advantages over the regular currency.

The best thing of having bitcoin is that it is not only a money but is also the best way of investing your money to make some good amount of profit as well. Other than this, it sort is increasing tremendously unlike other currencies.
In my opinion comparison of bitcoin with other offline currencies is not at all possible, because the facilities provided by the online system of crypto currencies at this early stage are much more than what offline currencies are offering.

The best thing about bitcoin among all is its 24/7 availability and and its transfer system. Just because of these two features, the banking system has seen really low transactions among the countries because people have adapted to bitcoin.

You are right they are different and there is no comparison of bitcoin with other currencies now bitcoin is rapidly increasing in price and value. So I am sure someday bitcoin will beat all other currency if they are comparing bitcoin with them. I trust bitcoin and I know in future bitcoin will be the world currency. I am waiting for the decision of other crypto industry that what they will decide about bitcoin value and price.
There is no doubt that bitcoin is number one currency all over the world. All other currencies paper, fiat or cryptocurrency are far behind from bitcoin, there is no comparison between bitcoin and any other currency. One can see the market cap and value of one bitcoin then he will decide by himself which in is more valuable. There is only dollar in offline currencies which is used all over the world and no other currency can be used worldwide.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
December 23, 2017, 08:43:15 AM
Bitcoin is very different from the real currency, the real currency is supported by the government and the world bank so its value very rarely decline unless there are conflicts or other problems within a country. Bitcoin prices are influenced by demand and demand so much that Bitcoin has a high price compared to the previous year.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
to the moon
December 22, 2017, 12:19:36 PM
btc is so volatile. needs so many corrections. it could only be a store of value.
Activity: 518
Merit: 111
Dota2
December 21, 2017, 09:03:37 PM

I go for offline currency which is more popular and the stability of its value in a sense of what you see is what you get. Yes the bitcoin is too high value right now and popular in many country, but think about online currency. What if someone hack all bitcoin in just a little click ( too many God like hacker on our time ) , do you think it's more convenient when someone stole all you effort in bitcoin community. Just adding some sort of thinking.
i do understand your doubts on bitcoin of hacking incident but i would say it would really need to take how many years for it to happen which quantum computers would really able to affect bitcoin. Comparing it on offline currencies then i would say fiat would really be still no. 1 no matter what and bitcoin is just really an alternative digital currency not only benefiting on its actual usage but also on the opportunity on making money.
of course there are always doubts that will be felt by many people if bitcoin can be used as world currency. In modern times like now always appear criminal that can harm many people, let alone bitcoin can only be used online of course many hackers who try to use it by stealing valuable assets that do not use a bitcoin purse that is completely safe.
There is no doubt that anything on internet can be hacked, it is just matter of time when hackers will be able to knock the doors of bitcoin holders. The best thing about this currency is that this is decentralized and has no central command, so it makes the people viable to secure the bitcoin from hacker, which means that all the people who have bitcoin, will keep the security of the bitcoin up to date and if there will be any loop hole for the attackers, it will be secure before exploitation.
That's why I keep observing in different online wallet and always looking their security measure. From reference number,email back up, private key, offline database or what ever and many more. But some wallet says that , they are NOT bank and advise to "don't keep" too much money( bitcoin )  for some reason ( maybe when in case of losing money ).
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
December 21, 2017, 03:50:30 PM

of course there are always doubts that will be felt by many people if bitcoin can be used as world currency. In modern times like now always appear criminal that can harm many people, let alone bitcoin can only be used online of course many hackers who try to use it by stealing valuable assets that do not use a bitcoin purse that is completely safe.
There is no doubt that anything on internet can be hacked, it is just matter of time when hackers will be able to knock the doors of bitcoin holders. The best thing about this currency is that this is decentralized and has no central command, so it makes the people viable to secure the bitcoin from hacker, which means that all the people who have bitcoin, will keep the security of the bitcoin up to date and if there will be any loop hole for the attackers, it will be secure before exploitation.
Activity: 616
December 21, 2017, 09:27:08 AM
if you talk about the store in offline and use that currencies in offline activity i will said that offline currencies is better than bitcoin, because all people that sell something want to receive the payment with offline money and maybe they dont want to receive in bitcoin payment, but if it talks about investment i think bitcoin is the winner because bitcoin have a great value right now, and have a good future
Activity: 588
Merit: 256
December 21, 2017, 05:20:04 AM

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504
December 21, 2017, 04:54:44 AM

Why there's a need for bitcoin to be compared to other offline currencies? They have their advantages and disadvantages. Here are my shot with the difference of bitcoin vs offline currencies.
1. Bitcoin is online and can't be used offline but we can store it through offline hardware.
2. There's a need for a bitcoin transaction to get confirmed first before it will arrive to the receivers address.
3. Offline currencies are controlled by the gov't and you know how the gov't rules everything.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
December 20, 2017, 11:38:25 PM
I don't see that bitcoin compete with offline currencies because bitcoin is different from fiat and until now, bitcoin cannot be used for payment. maybe only few country that allows bitcoin to be a payment but the rest is not giving the permission to do this. for now, I think the only fiat that has many market value because we can use fiat in everywhere but of course, we need to exchange that fiat to local currency so we can start to use.
Pages:
Jump to: