Author

Topic: BITCOIN vs ETH ? Your thoughts? - page 116. (Read 15440 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100
November 22, 2017, 06:03:57 PM
BITCOIN vs ETH ? your thoughts ?
For me bitcoin and eth is good becuase they can get a benefits with each other but ethereum is more usable to use like wallet like a MEW  and for the bitcoin is profitable because of the price that you can get.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
November 22, 2017, 05:53:40 PM
They both have prospects and basically for 2 different purposes, but asides so many things that makes bitcoin better, the fact that it has been able to stand the test of time, thrived no matter what and has a huge support Base, then I will always choose Bitcoin as No. 1.

It is true that ethereum and bitcoin have two different purposes  in my opinion. Bitcoin itself has the most trust but is slower. While ethereum has so many different uses on contracts and so forth. I personally do not see ethereum taking over bitcoin any time soon or ever. The same thing that people like about ethereum is the thing companies don't like to many " this and thats".

I agree here. But it's the cross platform projects which will incorporate the best features of each protocol that will ultimately prevail in the long run. Those platforms which optimize the atomic swaps, zero knowledge proofs, and sidechains to mitigate scaling concerns ---> they will be the next level of evolution in my opinion.  They will bridge the gap and combine the strengths of the individual protocols into a single chain ---> watch!
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger
November 22, 2017, 05:24:48 PM
They both have prospects and basically for 2 different purposes, but asides so many things that makes bitcoin better, the fact that it has been able to stand the test of time, thrived no matter what and has a huge support Base, then I will always choose Bitcoin as No. 1.

It is true that ethereum and bitcoin have two different purposes  in my opinion. Bitcoin itself has the most trust but is slower. While ethereum has so many different uses on contracts and so forth. I personally do not see ethereum taking over bitcoin any time soon or ever. The same thing that people like about ethereum is the thing companies don't like to many " this and thats".
Activity: 812
Merit: 102
November 22, 2017, 12:54:34 PM
50% bitcoin and 50% in the ethereum a perfect combination.
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
November 22, 2017, 12:46:47 PM
Bitcoin is the leading cryptocurrency in the cryptocurrency world. Ethereum is a platform that now allow people to easily have smart contract without stress. Both bitcoin and ethereum are important.
Activity: 746
Merit: 251
November 22, 2017, 11:21:10 AM
Bitcoin is the first digital money to promote Blockchain to people, we use to buy the whole altcoins.  Ethereum has made a lot of difference with smart contracts and will do more work in the future. Both are long-term investments.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
November 22, 2017, 10:59:00 AM
Short term - BTC. Long term - ETH.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
November 22, 2017, 10:45:13 AM
BITCOIN vs ETH ? your thoughts ?

I choose both of them. But they are different invesments. Bitcoin is long term and ethereum is short term investment. It is generally true that people have much more risks in short time investments. You can mine ethereum and trade with bitcoin. It is your choice.
Activity: 16
November 22, 2017, 10:03:26 AM
According to my observations, bitcoin is growing rapidly, but it can also fall sharply to the bottom, and again start to grow, it is unstable, but it seems to be profitable. Ether in the future will pass to the proof of the steak and see how it behaves, now it is slowly but confidently moving up, this if considered in the monetary issue. In general, according to most, the ether is more reliable.
Activity: 714
Merit: 254
November 22, 2017, 09:55:15 AM
My thought about btc/eth.

Bitcoin is the largest cryptocurrency in the world, but other cryptocurrencies are catching up to it, including Ethereum.

While Ethereum functions similarly to Bitcoin, its structure and design is very different.

Bitcoin was the first blockchain-based currency, and offers users the ability to safely and anonymously transfer funds through a decentralised distributed ledger.

Ethereum borrows the decentralised blockchain from Bitcoin, but expands the design to allow for almost limitless possibilities.
They will be the top 2 cryptocurrency in the world so far but still bitcoin will be the number one, we don't need to compare them but let us just keep them and invest to both of them, because for sure after a month or a year we will gain profit more than what is expected so we don't need to choose one, but let's do business with them.
Activity: 11
November 22, 2017, 09:54:36 AM
bitcoin is gold eth is future
Activity: 15
November 22, 2017, 09:53:49 AM
Both Bitcoin and Ethereum have completely different purposes in cryptography, but they still have similarities.
   ETHEREUM was originally conceived as a platform for the development of decentralized applications, and its blockchain was specifically designed to run applications.
   Bitcoin was originally a digital alternative to such currencies as the Dollar, Euro, Ruble, etc., only the cue ball is decentralized and many other factors distinguish it from state money.
   And my opinion is that they will live all the time while there is a crypto currency and no one will put forward them from the forefront, because Bitcoin is the beginning of the history of digital money in cryptography, it is the foundation for absolutely all crypto-currencies that already exist and that will be, but Ethereum gave a new development in the digital world of money!
Activity: 616
November 22, 2017, 09:50:30 AM
bitcoin is more than valueable than know from the price and the volume in the market i think bitcoin have a big potential more than ETH, but i think ETH is a good too because ETH is open their service about making token smart contract maybe if all of developer using this smart contract the value of ETH will inccrease
Activity: 52
November 22, 2017, 09:42:27 AM
My thought about btc/eth.

Bitcoin is the largest cryptocurrency in the world, but other cryptocurrencies are catching up to it, including Ethereum.

While Ethereum functions similarly to Bitcoin, its structure and design is very different.

Bitcoin was the first blockchain-based currency, and offers users the ability to safely and anonymously transfer funds through a decentralised distributed ledger.

Ethereum borrows the decentralised blockchain from Bitcoin, but expands the design to allow for almost limitless possibilities.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
November 22, 2017, 09:35:37 AM
I keep buying ETH thinking that it's due a rise of BTC proportions but it hasn't happened yet! I think in the long run the tech advantage will win out though.
Activity: 267
November 22, 2017, 09:26:58 AM
I think ETH is the future and bitcoin too. but ETH will hit 1000$ in 3-6 next months i hope to invest some in ETH
Activity: 388
November 22, 2017, 09:11:23 AM
Activity: 255
Merit: 10
November 20, 2017, 10:58:03 AM
Instead of bitcoin, bitcoin and ETH both have their advantages, there are many places in the application does not overlap, but I will continue to hold bitcoin.
Activity: 196
November 20, 2017, 09:00:54 AM
Both are great investments.
BTC was the 'founding father' of cryptocurrencies whereas ETH was built on top of the BTC framework to include more advanced and better features. ETH is considered the 'founding father' of smart contracts in the blockchain.
I wouldn't say one replaces the other. Both are significant in their own ways.
Kinda agreed with this person opinion, both are great investment in their ranks. BTC is bigger in price because it start as pioneer coin for another coin. and ETH is just because it still young in age and less known by people than bitcoin. Both of them is good  Smiley
Activity: 125
Merit: 10
November 20, 2017, 08:59:11 AM
Both are great investments.
BTC was the 'founding father' of cryptocurrencies whereas ETH was built on top of the BTC framework to include more advanced and better features. ETH is considered the 'founding father' of smart contracts in the blockchain.
I wouldn't say one replaces the other. Both are significant in their own ways.

Doesn't that make Bitcoin a little less performant than ETH? Every month we get a new coin that's better than the previous coins that were built. Fast transactions, lower fees, better privacy. And people still go for Bitcoin.
Jump to: