Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin vs Fiat - page 4. (Read 876 times)

copper member
Activity: 263
Merit: 0
August 27, 2018, 11:13:22 AM
 Bitcoin will never replace fiat, fiat is number one for everyone, always
Activity: 448
Merit: 111
August 27, 2018, 10:53:02 AM
bitcoin is already known as crypto currency, I don't think this can be changed and does not need to be changed, if bitcoin becomes a fiat currency maybe the vision and mission applied by satoshi will not be realized, bitcoin is better to become crypto currency, bitcoin doesn't need to be more fiat both bitcoin is recognized for its legality in the world and various countries

Oh, I believe you got it a bit wrong. The idea was to fully replace fiat with cryptocurrencies or only Bitcoin, so there will be no need in traditional money anymore. The vision of Satoshi was to provide people with safe p2p transactions which could be good for a new payment system, that's why this idea, in fact, follows his vision.
Activity: 569
Merit: 250
August 27, 2018, 09:59:18 AM
bitcoin is already known as crypto currency, I don't think this can be changed and does not need to be changed, if bitcoin becomes a fiat currency maybe the vision and mission applied by satoshi will not be realized, bitcoin is better to become crypto currency, bitcoin doesn't need to be more fiat both bitcoin is recognized for its legality in the world and various countries
Activity: 126
August 27, 2018, 09:40:13 AM
Bitcoins have been around since 2008, but it's only a short time, but the bitcoin value is increasing over time and what they bring us is very useful. Fiat money can fluctuate. Commodity money is supported by something of value.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
August 27, 2018, 09:39:09 AM
IMO, it can replace fiat because bitcoin is just an asset just like other investment tool like diamond,gold ,etc
Although I'm also expecting it can be legalize but it's impossible.
Remember that bitcoin still volatile !
Activity: 163
Merit: 1
August 27, 2018, 09:33:29 AM
As Bitcoin is useful also has disadvantages. It's true that one of bitcoin features is anonymity, but it can also be used in money laundering activities.
Activity: 164
August 27, 2018, 09:26:16 AM
I thought the source from well-known website but it's not lol  Cheesy. It's not needed to replace FIAT money with bitcoin, I dont know what will happen in the future if this world using bitcoin as their payment with it's low/limited supply. Make it as our alternative payment will be the best for us at the moment, IMO.

Bitcoin has more important disadvantages then just limited supply. Actually, I don't think it is a problem at all, but long transactions and too high cost per transaction are an issue.
Moreover, there are no reasons of having multiple currencies to pay with, because this is just additional troubles with exchanges, rates, ATMs, or even Banks if we are talking about fiat.
Activity: 2156
Merit: 251
Binance #Smart World Global Token
August 27, 2018, 08:07:09 AM
Although Bitcoin exists for almost 10 years, its role in our life is still unclear. One of the theories states that Bitcoin was created to solve the problems which fiat money cannot overcome. We can see how so many Governments have huge debts and how some countries cannot support their own currency (Venezuela might be the best example now), so Bitcoin looks like a possible option nowadays. Getting rich was never the goal for Bitcoin. It was meant to become the currency of the digital world and provide an alternative to the dying economy.

So the question is, how do you think, should Bitcoin replace Fiat money, or there are other options of how it could be useful to the society?

Edit: To give you more food for thought, there is a nice article about the history of the creation of both Fiat and Bitcoin and their detailed comparison.

I thought the source from well-known website but it's not lol  Cheesy. It's not needed to replace FIAT money with bitcoin, I dont know what will happen in the future if this world using bitcoin as their payment with it's low/limited supply. Make it as our alternative payment will be the best for us at the moment, IMO.
Activity: 448
Merit: 111
August 27, 2018, 07:50:22 AM
cryptocurrency will never be able to dominate fiat currency, it was used much longer before bitcoin was created.

Previously there were coins (golden, silver, etc.) which were used much longer before dollar was created. So this is a question of possible usability, but not how long we used it.
Activity: 55
August 27, 2018, 07:00:31 AM
As soon as the government recognizes the bitcoin as a legitimate digital currency that is the time that bitcoin will totally replace the fiat money. As we can see now slowly but surely the world is accomodating digital transaction and not needing a cash or fiat money involved with those kind of transaction, with this it proves that bitcoin and crypto currency will soon be in-demand and would be a part of our day to day transaction.
Activity: 280
August 27, 2018, 05:54:41 AM
cryptocurrency will never be able to dominate fiat currency, it was used much longer before bitcoin was created.
let bitcoin become an investment. bitcoin is a tool to make a lot of fiat money, in my opinion. everyone has a different view about this.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
August 27, 2018, 05:50:03 AM
Bitcoin is not able to replace fiat, at least now. I believe that there will be another cryptocurrency which would be able to replace traditional money because Bitcoin has a lot of issues as well. BTC is good, but it is too far from perfect.

Btw, I totally agree that Bitcoin is not an investment. It was created for other goals. Greedy people don't get that  Angry

I believe that it shouldn't because mining bitcoin requires more energy while other cryptocurrency can do it efficiently.

I don't think Bitcoin will replace Fiat. Because Bitcoin wasn't made to replace any currency. but to provide alternatives for the people. It is innovating our Economy and Financial stability. so replacing the Fiat defeats the sole purpose of Bitcoin at all.

For me, bitcoin shouldn't replace any flat but rather a new currency for online purposes. Its a better alternative in transaction online compared to paypal and other same services.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
August 27, 2018, 05:40:25 AM
I don't think Bitcoin will replace Fiat. Because Bitcoin wasn't made to replace any currency. but to provide alternatives for the people. It is innovating our Economy and Financial stability. so replacing the Fiat defeats the sole purpose of Bitcoin at all.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
August 27, 2018, 05:25:27 AM
I think it's true that until now bitcoin has not been able to replace fiat money completely, and I think it's very difficult to happen, it's better to look for other options
Activity: 18
August 27, 2018, 05:23:05 AM
Although Bitcoin exists for almost 10 years, its role in our life is still unclear. One of the theories states that Bitcoin was created to solve the problems which fiat money cannot overcome. We can see how so many Governments have huge debts and how some countries cannot support their own currency (Venezuela might be the best example now), so Bitcoin looks like a possible option nowadays. Getting rich was never the goal for Bitcoin. It was meant to become the currency of the digital world and provide an alternative to the dying economy.

So the question is, how do you think, should Bitcoin replace Fiat money, or there are other options of how it could be useful to the society?

Edit: To give you more food for thought, there is a nice article about the history of the creation of both Fiat and Bitcoin and their detailed comparison.

I'm often baffled as to why do people think bitcoins should replace fiat? whenever we trade bitcoins we trade it for fiat, so if bitcoins replaced fiat what would we trade it for? I do hope all remember bitcoins is limited fiat isn't. Bitcoins was formed to create a decentralised currency, so people would be free of government regulation, also so people could create it as a store value, never was it intented to replace fiat.

I believe the best option is all governments should allow the usage of bitcoins they can tax it, all sellers should accept it this would save loads of fees on cross border transaction. Even post taxes Bitcoins users shall earn more than their fiat peers.

Bitcoins should be given in tandem with fiat for salaried people, so they can choose it, and when it's prices increase they can benefit from it. (I can't reveal the name but one firm actually did it, and 9 out of 10 employees opted for bitcoins, this was when bitcoins prices were at 1k, all the employees made serious profits).

Yes indeed I thnks they must be co-exist bitcoin cannot replace the fiat period.
Activity: 70
Merit: 3
August 27, 2018, 05:11:43 AM
I think bitcoin is very slow to compare with fiat.
In cryptocurrencies world, I see one token can be replaced for fiat. That is XRP.
Activity: 47
August 27, 2018, 04:58:46 AM
we know that this world will not move with out fiat so both the crypto and fiat will move together and it is good because we know that illiterate will not able to use crypto as payment tool.
Activity: 31
August 27, 2018, 04:50:56 AM
who knows what will happen over years time but my money is on bitcoin becoming an alternative payment method at the checkout thats what we all want
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
August 27, 2018, 04:42:58 AM

Accepting crypto currency as a global currency at this time is still not possible, because this technology must be supported by sophisticated equipment and support from the internet, this is difficult because not all regions have sophisticated equipment and support from the internet. but there are other possibilities in the future, if crypto becomes pepolor in the future, it means that each country will have its own crypto currency. this is the most logical reason.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 450
August 27, 2018, 04:30:51 AM
according to the creation of bitcoin that is used to solve problems from real or national currencies. Bitcoin should be able to work with real currencies, for a transaction that is easily transparent and with a small fee without
centralized rules. but due to decentralization, Bitcoin is converted into a trading asset and loses its true function. should bitcoin replace real currency? I don't think so, because it will be unstable for an economy and financial state.
well, bitcoin might be very similar to fiat, but actually there is a big difference in this. where bitcoin is used to speed up transactions on the internet. but, now the price of bitcoin is very unstable, and makes most people use it as an investment tool. yeah, and that's really different from fiat.
Pages:
Jump to: