Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin vs Gold: The Age Old Debate - page 4. (Read 4118 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
February 13, 2015, 10:18:37 AM
Bitcoin is a digital currency, not digital gold
So, i think comparing Bitcoin & gold is a bit weird since they have different uses

How about buy gold with bitcoin Grin

Both can be a store of value and use for exchange.
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
February 13, 2015, 09:59:57 AM
Bitcoin is a digital currency, not digital gold
So, i think comparing Bitcoin & gold is a bit weird since they have different uses

How about buy gold with bitcoin Grin
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1031
February 12, 2015, 11:51:58 PM
When we all get over fear and doubt gold will be used for what it's best at: ensuring high quality electronics or being embedded into other applications like high quality glass or unique applications of glassware.  Besides, it won't be too long before gold or any other metal could just be mass produced using other ores or metallurgy processes.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
February 12, 2015, 11:12:39 PM

What is there to debate?

Buy both!  I addressed my reasoning on both on another thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-is-not-gold-953896

Both Au and BTC have some similarities, but their differences are attractive to anyone who wants diversification.

It's so obvious to me that both are good.  The only real question is what proportion of each to hold (based on risk tolerance and a multitude of individual circumstances).
Activity: 284
Merit: 122
www.diginomics.com
February 12, 2015, 05:12:50 PM
The bitcoin vs gold debate has raged on in investment circles since bitcoin has entered discussion circles among investors with increasing interest. Gold has been used as a form of currency and trade for thousands of years, but as we will show, bitcoin may be the kind of financial breakthrough to replace it.

Early on, seasoned investors began questioning the legitimacy of bitcoin value and wondering how such a commodity could have intrinsic value. What differentiates bitcoin from a mere collectible and what makes it similar to precious metal assets such as gold or silver? Among many circles, especially gold bugs and older-generation investors, bitcoin was not considered a valid investment up until very recently.

In order to properly analyze the value of bitcoin vs gold, we must clarify which attributes of gold are valuable and prop them up against the promise of bitcoin. When we measure the implications of today’s economic environment, it is clear to see that bitcoin is gold for the 21st century, or as some pundits have advocated, a ‘digital gold’.

Read the full article on Diginomics.
Pages:
Jump to: