Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin vs Litecoin : I sold LTC for BTC . May I wrong ? - page 4. (Read 4780 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Litecoin had a great advantage as the second big crypto currency but it has not attracted a lot of development or infrastructure.

Litecoin is not the no.2 crypto-currency anymore, in terms of market capitalization. Right now, Ripple is in the no.2 position, followed by Litecoin at no.3. The market cap of the major crypto-coins are as follows:

1. Bitcoin: $ 3,801,462,349
2. Ripple: $ 304,714,223
3. Litecoin: $ 209,122,583
4. Doge: $ 18,752,522
5. Dash: $ 16,431,987    

Ripple isn't a true crypto-currency, i dont think we can read much into it.  Looking at the trading volume, litecoin is miles ahead of ripple.
ripple !!!  Tongue isn't a centralized crypto currency  Huh

yes it is, and they pay their employees with it, it's not going anywhere, propably it will fall even more, i sold mine for btc long time ago

also its marketcap is so big that it look like a joke to be honest

Activity: 303
Merit: 250
Litecoin had a great advantage as the second big crypto currency but it has not attracted a lot of development or infrastructure.

Litecoin is not the no.2 crypto-currency anymore, in terms of market capitalization. Right now, Ripple is in the no.2 position, followed by Litecoin at no.3. The market cap of the major crypto-coins are as follows:

Ripple isn't a true crypto-currency, i dont think we can read much into it.  Looking at the trading volume, litecoin is miles ahead of ripple.
ripple !!!  Tongue isn't a centralized crypto currency  Huh
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Ripple isn't a true crypto-currency, i dont think we can read much into it.  Looking at the trading volume, litecoin is miles ahead of ripple.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I believe your crypto should be diversified. Since you need to keep check on risk and return.  A balance should be kept between the litcoins and bitcoins. Ltc is gradually taking a roll on market , and it's a good thing to keep invested in it as well.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217

legendary
Activity: 1414
Timing is everything. You would have been "right" in trading your ltc for btc when it was worth $20+, as it plummeted to 1/20th it's value while btc plummeted merely 1/5th it's value over the same period. You were "wrong" selling when you did, as it has risen 2x in value compared to btc since.
Timing is everything. Usually, unless you are dealing with a total shitcoin, when you feel most like dumping this is a good time to buy.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Hello guys,

I owned about 5000 LTC & I sold them when LTC/BTC pair hit 0.006 (1 BTC = 166 LTC). I frustrated about crash of LTC price & it's future. My thoughts behind of this decision is :

LTC is just a pump n dump coin. It has no worldwide acceptance like btc has. the market of ltc is very small & normally merchants don't accept it. the development team of ltc doesn't give any unique project for a long time. there is less discussion about it.

But, now , I see ltc price is just pumping to the moon...... 216% price increase of LTC/BTC pair. Why people sell their bitcoins for ltc ??

My decision was wrong Huh
Never doubt and wonder how things would go if you sell/buy/do something else. In that point of time your decision was justified and it feels ok. It's all that matters.
I used to have this feeling all the time, that I might be selling BTC too low or buying too high.  Now I know that life is short and if I spend my time wondering if I do everything right I am wasting it.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
altcoins have always reflected overall bitcoin sentiment. The rise happened alongside the 20% BTC price increase

but 400%+ gains are usually brief. It will likely go higher, but i imagine correct to <$4 first
legendary
Activity: 938
You was protecting your investment, so is crypto,Maybe BTC soon will rise in value and you bought it very cheap.
Activity: 593
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
For a very long period of time the trading range of litecoin was around 2.00-3.00 bucks
After seeing it rally up to its current range I can understand why you wanted to sell your position, I guess the answer is to see how long it keeps up this strength.

Actually LTC was stuck in the sub 2 dollar range for ages. Anything above 2 dollars would have been nice gains if you bought a lot during that period. Right now it has gone from 5.3 to 5.1. It seems it's holding nicely above 5 dollars. Im not sure what to do. I own no LTC but im considering gambling some cause it may go 2 digits for all I know.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
For a very long period of time the trading range of litecoin was around 2.00-3.00 bucks
After seeing it rally up to its current range I can understand why you wanted to sell your position, I guess the answer is to see how long it keeps up this strength.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
LTC is just a pump n dump coin. It has no worldwide acceptance like btc has. the market of ltc is very small & normally merchants don't accept it. the development team of ltc doesn't give any unique project for a long time. there is less discussion about it.

You are right. I was thinking the same, but I also think about the halving come soon. I don't have as much Litecoin as do you, so since my Litecoin has lost so much value, I think I might wait to see what happens.

Why would you sell your litecoin after a 1.5 year decline in price vs bitcoin? That is just screaming "Too late, better wait for a better opportunity!!".

Because we thought the decline will end and it never came until now  Cheesy

could we say that the litecoin pump is just temporary do to the halving ? maybe a pump group trying to have leverage from their accumulation vs what is coming to play now.

In my opinion, halving has everything to do with it. It's sheer speculation.

If you open your eyes wide enough, Bitcoin started off as a pump and dump coin too.

Moreover, it's still being manipulated to hell, just like every tradable asset for that matter.

but it is more dominant, and has a brighter future than any of its clone, this is undeniable, apparently it isn't a matter of what it is better, but of what it is less worse

and it is evident that it was a pump and dump, because you need a pump to rise its price and make it more recognizable, but this will bring dump and volatility also

i think P&D are natural thing for the health of the market
Activity: 392

You are right. I was thinking the same, but I also think about the halving come soon. I don't have as much Litecoin as do you, so since my Litecoin has lost so much value, I think I might wait to see what happens.

Why would you sell your litecoin after a 1.5 year decline in price vs bitcoin? That is just screaming "Too late, better wait for a better opportunity!!".

could we say that the litecoin pump is just temporary do to the halving ? maybe a pump group trying to have leverage from their accumulation vs what is coming to play now.

If you open your eyes wide enough, Bitcoin started off as a pump and dump coin too.

Moreover, it's still being manipulated to hell, just like every tradable asset for that matter.
Activity: 672

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Remember that Litecoin is still one tenth of its peak value.  When was the last time you heard main stream media talking about Litecoin?  I never have.  Bitcoin dominates public mind share.

The Litecoin peak value of $50 per coin was achieved as a result of the China boom.When crypto got banned in China, Litecoin lost that advantage. But even now, it is clear from the trade data, that Litecoins are almost exclusively traded by the Chinese crypto-traders. And that makes the exchange rates highly unstable in the long run.
legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018
Remember that Litecoin is still one tenth of its peak value.  When was the last time you heard main stream media talking about Litecoin?  I never have.  Bitcoin dominates public mind share.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
Market is too thin for me. At 1/3rd the volume of bitcoin price is up 30% today.  Could crash so fast it would make your head spin.
This. I think right now there is a handful of whales with tons of BTC that pushed the price up, which means they can get tired at any given time and deliver a good ol dump. Of course, the coin can go both ways, as a scenario where more whales + random people enter in a panic buy cycle you could miss on some epic gains if you aren't holding any... gamble on.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
Activity: 686
In my opinion, you did the right thing. You should not look at the current LTC vs BTC exchange rate. In the long term, the real worth of Litecoin will be close to zero. Just do the calculation yourself. Right now, there are hardly any sites where you can use Litecoin. Litecoin is dead now, and these temporary pump and dumps will only help to delay its demise.

Pages:
Jump to: