Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin vs. World Money Supply: What happens when max. cap at max. supply? - page 2. (Read 1259 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 263
If it should reach that point that you have stated which is likely possible although not in the short term looking at beyond 10 years, then what will happen is the price of bitcoin would have increased as much as 100folds to what we have now  and that alone does not mean countries will accept bitcoin as a form of currency as those who won't adopt won't still adopt and at the same time, it will not replace fiat.

Ok. I like your response. I'm not sure it would take 10 years to get to $80.9 trillion USD. I think it will take less. I find it interesting that you say that "...does not mean countries will accept bitcoin as a form of currency as those who won't adopt won't still adopt..."

Hmm doesn't some country already accepting bitcoin as currency/money?  Well  I agree those who wont adopt, wont adopt.  It is inculcated on their brain and ego.

Part of me thinks that what will happen is that the general public will use Bitcoin for everyday transactions when the Bitcoin market cap. reaches $80.9 trillion United States Dollars. Large government institutions will still, however, refer to various values (such as national debt) in their original form of currency. For instance, that is like saying that the typical U.S.  (8 years from now) would be using Bitcoin to pay for groceries. However, when it comes to the issue of the United States national debt, the national debt would be listed in United States dollars rather than Bitcoin.

With a huge transaction fee?  I doubt general public will use bitcoin in everyday transaction, probably as store of value but transaction where you will pay $30k each time you move your bitcoin? I won't do that.  I would rather convert my BTC in one transaction and use fiat currency to do a transaction.  It is way cheaper.  Made me imagine, I buy a $100 coffe with Bitcoins and I paid $30k dollar for transaction fee.  Doesn't this look too generous of me?

I think people will start to use Bitcoin as soon as possible, because it's an extremely efficient way to reduce national and world debt due to how the money is tracked. There may be social complications (such as only shopping for groceries once every three weeks rather than each week), but I think people would be willing to deal with those social complications in order to decrease the larger financial complications (such as national debt and world debt).

I wonder how can Bitcoin reduce national debt? If a government does not adopt it or take advantage of the opportunities it brings?
So bitcoin has helped to reduce the national debt Trump will make all public servants of America to write posts on bitcointalk and earn bitcoins for signatures and earnings to transfer to the budget of the United States. Then maybe the debt will begin to decline. It's a joke of course. Bitcoin does not help the state because it is the parallel economy which does not intersect with the state.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
If it should reach that point that you have stated which is likely possible although not in the short term looking at beyond 10 years, then what will happen is the price of bitcoin would have increased as much as 100folds to what we have now  and that alone does not mean countries will accept bitcoin as a form of currency as those who won't adopt won't still adopt and at the same time, it will not replace fiat.

Ok. I like your response. I'm not sure it would take 10 years to get to $80.9 trillion USD. I think it will take less.

And why do you think it will take less?
A 2000x increase in price from 2000$ is not like a 2000x increase from 1$.

From where will all those trillions to back the price up to those levels come?

Already the jumps are smaller and smaller in terms of percentage I highly doubt it cant even force myself to believe it will reach 30mils/btc in less than 10 years...

I think it (the market cap. getting to 80.9 Billion USD) will take less because there is a "learning curve" associated with using Bitcoin.

I've been eyeballing and analyzing the year, monthly, etc.. interest rate. I understand there was a steep curve at first, but Bitcoin is now transitioning in the upward direction.

In the biological sciences, there is something called a doubling rate. This relates mostly to bacteria and other microorganisms. Bitcoin is like a biological pathogen (coinmap.org) in that it has an epidemological aspect to it (it's growing like a biological organism). The doubling rate is getting faster (4 months now?).

The interest rates are going to be ridiculous (up and away). Social change is going to be ridiculous. I've read the power behind it is greed (I'll argue people want to see changes THIS--right here and now--lifetime). As such, the here-and-now desire for social change is propelling Bitcoin. Given that there is so much technological output (ability to track how this thing is moving), it's growing at a very popular rate now.

Society is learning to use Bitcoin. Simple as that.

From my background in studying psychology and learning, it appears that the curve is taking the form of a learning curve, whereby exponential learning is occurring: Market psychology--people are taking to Bitcoin. Also, the methodology that Bitcoin uses is pretty legit and works with the law of entropy: The thing is that the whole system resides on Earth making it really easy to manage.

Furthermore, I've read of Bitcoin fitting onto an S-curve (source: http://woobull.com/woos-law-of-bitcoin-user-growth-bitcoins-adoption-curve/).

Bitcoin isn't moving like a stock market ticker. It's kind of like a stock but only a very, very, very small amount.

I wonder how can Bitcoin reduce national debt? If a government does not adopt it or take advantage of the opportunities it brings?

I'm looking into this issue. Not many people are talking about it.
So far, I've been looking at the Federal Reserve print orders and looking for statistically significant decreases in print order value: https://www.federalreserve.gov/paymentsystems/coin_currency_orders.htm
https://www.federalreserve.gov/paymentsystems/coin_data.htm

image: https://www.federalreserve.gov/paymentsystems/files/coin_calprint.jpg

The amount of national currency to be printed for a print-order should decrease each year (this is in relation to the U.S. national-level understanding), for what I understand, because Bitcoin is supposed to get rid of inflation, thus increase deflation, thus cause less money to be printed out until Bitcoin replaces that form of currency. If you look at 2009 to now, it appears that on average the value of money to be printed has decreased.
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

Ok. I like your response. I'm not sure it would take 10 years to get to $80.9 trillion USD. I think it will take less. I find it interesting that you say that "...does not mean countries will accept bitcoin as a form of currency as those who won't adopt won't still adopt..."

Hmm doesn't some country already accepting bitcoin as currency/money?  Well  I agree those who wont adopt, wont adopt.  It is inculcated on their brain and ego.

Part of me thinks that what will happen is that the general public will use Bitcoin for everyday transactions when the Bitcoin market cap. reaches $80.9 trillion United States Dollars. Large government institutions will still, however, refer to various values (such as national debt) in their original form of currency. For instance, that is like saying that the typical U.S. citizen (8 years from now) would be using Bitcoin to pay for groceries. However, when it comes to the issue of the United States national debt, the national debt would be listed in United States dollars rather than Bitcoin.

With a huge transaction fee?  I doubt general public will use bitcoin in everyday transaction, probably as store of value but transaction where you will pay $30k each time you move your bitcoin? I won't do that.  I would rather convert my BTC in one transaction and use fiat currency to do a transaction.  It is way cheaper.  Made me imagine, I buy a $100 coffe with Bitcoins and I paid $30k dollar for transaction fee.  Doesn't this look too generous of me?

I think people will start to use Bitcoin as soon as possible, because it's an extremely efficient way to reduce national and world debt due to how the money is tracked. There may be social complications (such as only shopping for groceries once every three weeks rather than each week), but I think people would be willing to deal with those social complications in order to decrease the larger financial complications (such as national debt and world debt).

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun

Ok. I like your response. I'm not sure it would take 10 years to get to $80.9 trillion USD. I think it will take less.

And why do you think it will take less?
A 2000x increase in price from 2000$ is not like a 2000x increase from 1$.

From where will all those trillions to back the price up to those levels come?

Already the jumps are smaller and smaller in terms of percentage I highly doubt it cant even force myself to believe it will reach 30mils/btc in less than 10 years.

Part of me thinks that what will happen is that the general public will use Bitcoin for everyday transactions when the Bitcoin market cap. reaches $80.9 trillion United States Dollars. Large government institutions will still, however, refer to various values (such as national debt) in their original form of currency. For instance, that is like saying that the typical U.S. citizen (8 years from now) would be using Bitcoin to pay for groceries. However, when it comes to the issue of the United States national debt, the national debt would be listed in United States dollars rather than Bitcoin.

If Bitcoin hits 80.9 trillion dollar this means 1 bitcoin = $38,523,809.52  Shocked This means every owner of bitcoin will be a multi-millionaire and well the transaction fee would be $30819.05 @ 0.0008 BTC transaction fee great for coin that is introduced as small to nothing transaction fee Grin.  Well why would I care for $30k fee if I have multimillion dollar in my stash. Definitely I will change this to fiat currency since moving it to fiat currency, I can save a lot in terms of transaction fee every time I move my money.
Agreed that paying a fees worth 30k wouldn't really mind anyone at all , but younare surely making a mistake here , if bitcoin reaches it's max cap and price that means there is no way people can mine more coins and nor the price would increase anymore so just imagine why would someone 30k for a coin which is at it's max and the price will surely not increase. Bitcoin will just become like most of the alts who have value but no demand at all

I think you make an interesting argument. However, I believe there can be a maximum Bitcoin to US Dollar cap but still more value for Bitcoin to obtain. I think that may mean there is an alien planet out there in the universe with a larger if but more valuable money supply than the United States. If such were to exist, I think it would be discovered near the time all of the United States dollar supply is distributed amongst Bitcoin market cap.. Otherwise, complete distribution of the United States monetary supply, equally amongst Bitcoin, would be the maximum market cap. of Bitcoin in relation to United States dollar (assuming no alien planet).
Activity: 476
Merit: 254
If it should reach that point that you have stated which is likely possible although not in the short term looking at beyond 10 years, then what will happen is the price of bitcoin would have increased as much as 100folds to what we have now  and that alone does not mean countries will accept bitcoin as a form of currency as those who won't adopt won't still adopt and at the same time, it will not replace fiat.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
If Bitcoin hits 80.9 trillion dollar this means 1 bitcoin = $38,523,809.52  Shocked This means every owner of bitcoin will be a multi-millionaire and well the transaction fee would be $30819.05 @ 0.0008 BTC transaction fee great for coin that is introduced as small to nothing transaction fee Grin.  Well why would I care for $30k fee if I have multimillion dollar in my stash. Definitely I will change this to fiat currency since moving it to fiat currency, I can save a lot in terms of transaction fee every time I move my money.
Agreed that paying a fees worth 30k wouldn't really mind anyone at all , but younare surely making a mistake here , if bitcoin reaches it's max cap and price that means there is no way people can mine more coins and nor the price would increase anymore so just imagine why would someone 30k for a coin which is at it's max and the price will surely not increase. Bitcoin will just become like most of the alts who have value but no demand at all
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 500
website: http://money.visualcapitalist.com/all-of-the-worlds-money-and-markets-in-one-visualization/

What do you think will happen when Bitcoin market cap. hits $5 trillion USD?
What about (broad money) ~$80.9 trillion?
Pages:
Jump to: