Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Wallet all the time catching up and eating 100%CPU (FIXED !!) - page 2. (Read 6726 times)

Activity: 497
Merit: 500
OK I think it would fit much better in a different section but as you wish, we can talk about it here.
I want to get some experience with BitCoin and try mining either by joining some pool or by using more pcs on my own, so I just installed Bitcoin Wallet and noticed it behaves strangely. The first database loading took about 8 hours maybe (which is crazy and I don't think it is normal) and during that time I put my laptop to standby several times but it looked like it continues. Unfortunatelly when it was about to reach 100% the application crashed. I think it was because of the interruptions by standby. So I started it again and this time it was completed in about an hour (maybe because of different ISP I was connected to). But it does not really work even after that - it constantly says "catching up" and eats 100% of CPU power but the number of downloaded blocks is the same as is on bitcoincharts, so I don't have a clue what it is doing. There are no timestamps in debug.log so I don't know if I can find something there.
So about an hour ago I exited bitcoin-qt which was running for about 5hours and ate all my CPU power for nothing. Now I started it again and it does the same: catching up and eating 100% CPU. I doubt this is normal. So I thank you in advance for your help.

Until your wallet catches up with the current chain it will sit there and run till it completes. As for the 100% CPU what cpu do you have?
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
OK I think it would fit much better in a different section but as you wish, we can talk about it here.
I want to get some experience with BitCoin and try mining either by joining some pool or by using more pcs on my own, so I just installed Bitcoin Wallet and noticed it behaves strangely. The first database loading took about 8 hours maybe (which is crazy and I don't think it is normal) and during that time I put my laptop to standby several times but it looked like it continues. Unfortunatelly when it was about to reach 100% the application crashed. I think it was because of the interruptions by standby. So I started it again and this time it was completed in about an hour (maybe because of different ISP I was connected to). But it does not really work even after that - it constantly says "catching up" and eats 100% of CPU power but the number of downloaded blocks is the same as is on bitcoincharts, so I don't have a clue what it is doing. There are no timestamps in debug.log so I don't know if I can find something there.
So about an hour ago I exited bitcoin-qt which was running for about 5hours and ate all my CPU power for nothing. Now I started it again and it does the same: catching up and eating 100% CPU. I doubt this is normal. So I thank you in advance for your help.
Activity: 497
Merit: 500
Hello, please allow me to write topics. I really need some tech support.
And I also think it would be really nice if you did not make fools of people and let them know that they need to write (beg...) here before they can actually ask something Wink
After registration I was thrown immediatelly into forum with no instructions and nothing in the email so tell me how could I know that I need to go to some newbie section before I can write anywhere else?
And yes I was looking for some FAQ or help, but there is no information about this. Just an instructions how to start a new topic by clicking a button New topic which is not there :-]
Thank you

What help do you need?
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Hello, please allow me to write topics. I really need some tech support.
And I also think it would be really nice if you did not make fools of people and let them know that they need to write (beg...) here before they can actually ask something Wink
After registration I was thrown immediatelly into forum with no instructions and nothing in the email so tell me how could I know that I need to go to some newbie section before I can write anywhere else?
And yes I was looking for some FAQ or help, but there is no information about this. Just an instructions how to start a new topic by clicking a button New topic which is not there :-]
Thank you
Pages:
Jump to: