Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Wallet For Receiving Bitcoins and Online Transfers? - page 2. (Read 4390 times)

Activity: 561
Merit: 500
Would putting password in keepass be fine?  Dont now about dropbox and gmail.

How do i do cold storage? 

try googling these kind of general stuff, like how to create cold storage. you can find better answers this way. sometimes with good step by step tutorials.

Creating a paper wallet is very simple. You can take a look at http://www.coindesk.com/information/paper-wallet-tutorial/ and follow the steps one by one. Don't forget to read the "Security Concerns" section to know what you should/can do to make it more secure.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611

try googling these kind of general stuff, like how to create cold storage. you can find better answers this way. sometimes with good step by step tutorials.
Activity: 560

A cold storage can be a paper wallet or a armory wallet which is on a computer, but the computer has no connection to the internet.
Activity: 770
🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
without a doubt i say use Blockchain.info but also check out coinbase since you can buy bitcoin there and its off the chain
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
hey all.  So im going to create a blockchain account as i read that is what i need since coinbase would close my acct if i use it directly for gambling transactions as ppl here mentioned. 

I heard stories about hacks getting hacked and bitcoins are no longer there.  How do i make sure this doesn't happen?  I heard about hot/cold storage etc.   I had thought if I just have a good password, that i should be fine.  But that isn't enough?  I hear so many complicated things like you need to do these excessive password etc... can someone explain this?

Last thing i want is to log into my coinbase or blockchain wallet, then find out my acct get hacked.  I do know that for blockchain or coinbase u have to remember your password... is that right?  But even if you do, how does the acct get hacked then?

Yes setting up a cold storage (paper wallet, offline wallet, hardware wallet, etc) will provide you the highest security against hacking.

Using blockchain.info wallet (or any other wallets that you are the only one having your private keys) is okay, but you should:
- Never download any suspicious files
- Never click any suspicious links or phishing links
- Never store your password as plaintext on dropbox, gmail etc
- Enable 2FA whenever possible
- Use a long and complicated password that has never been used on any other sites
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
SafeDice.com - 0.5% Edge - Instant Payout - Chat
Don't use centralised wallets.
hey all.  So im going to create a blockchain account as i read that is what i need since coinbase would close my acct if i use it directly for gambling transactions as ppl here mentioned. 

I heard stories about hacks getting hacked and bitcoins are no longer there.  How do i make sure this doesn't happen?  I heard about hot/cold storage etc.   I had thought if I just have a good password, that i should be fine.  But that isn't enough?  I hear so many complicated things like you need to do these excessive password etc... can someone explain this?

Last thing i want is to log into my coinbase or blockchain wallet, then find out my acct get hacked.  I do know that for blockchain or coinbase u have to remember your password... is that right?  But even if you do, how does the acct get hacked then?

okay so selling the bitcoins for a bank of america ach deposit will cost me 1 percent plus a 15 cent fee correct?

How much does it cost if i sell it at an exchange?  I mean... is the fee lesser on an exchange then coinbase?  I have tough time believing it cost less than 1 percent...

Also i have no plans on using bitcoin for good/services or gift cards.
Activity: 882
Exhausted
thank you.

So i just want to receive bitcoins.  So right now just create a blockchain acct and thats all then i tell the person my 34 digit address then they send me the bitcoins?

But in the end, i need coinbase or an exchange to get the funds to my bank of america right?

True and true.
Apart from selling your bitcoin for USD through exchanges, you could also spend your bitcoin for goods and services, or buy gift cards on Gyft.
thank you.

So i just want to receive bitcoins.  So right now just create a blockchain acct and thats all then i tell the person my 34 digit address then they send me the bitcoins?

But in the end, i need coinbase or an exchange to get the funds to my bank of america right?
Activity: 882
Exhausted
Can you explain what you mean if someone sending bitcoin to me then i have to give them the address?  Is it some code with letter and numbers or you mean an actual one?

A bitcoin address is a 34 characters (there are some shorter ones though) starting with a 1 (3 is used for P2SH). You can read more on https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Address

For example, my address is 1NEb4W5EsayNnbqgKZUJuvjQV1FUrYCTG7. So, if I want someone to send bitcoin to me, I can give them the address and they can send the bitcoin there.
Can you explain what you mean if someone sending bitcoin to me then i have to give them the address?  Is it some code with letter and numbers or you mean an actual one?
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Blockchain hands down! Lot of features, great for import/export and safe (only watch out for phishing)  Wink
Activity: 490
I like blockchain.info, easy to use, intuitive, lots of good features and integrations
and most importantly, free. That said, be clear that by putting coins in an online wallet you are sacrificing security for convenience
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Hey so download blockchain and thats all i need right?  Thus no coinbase or anything else because all i plan to do is receive bitcoin from others in trade then eventually get those bitcoins into cash into my bank of america bank account.

Can someone tell me how easy is it to sign up?  I checked and all i have to do create acct and password and thats all?  Then once i do that, how would someone send me bitcoin?  What information would i need to give them?

I have one other important question.  I'm from the usa but i'm actually in canada at the moment.  Does that matter at all?  Thus i could use blockchain in the usa or canada?  I dont want to open it in canada then find out its country restricted.  Would i be able to access my bitcoin wallet thus blockchain in say mexico?  Thats where im most going to after this so just want to make sure.

By "blockchain", I am assuming you are talking about the site blockchain.info rather than blockchain the public ledger, right?

It is extremely easy to use the blockchain.info wallet. Just go there and register your account.
When you want someone else to send you bitcoin, you just need to go to the Receive Money tab and give your address to that someone else. You may want to create a new address every time, so to keep track of the payments more easily and for better privacy.

As long as you have your blockchain.info wallet identifier (ie. Account ID) and password, you can access your account at any location.
Activity: 546
I suggest you to create a wallet in blockchain.info no need to download any software but you can't link your bank account to it.
Hey so download blockchain and thats all i need right?  Thus no coinbase or anything else because all i plan to do is receive bitcoin from others in trade then eventually get those bitcoins into cash into my bank of america bank account.

Can someone tell me how easy is it to sign up?  I checked and all i have to do create acct and password and thats all?  Then once i do that, how would someone send me bitcoin?  What information would i need to give them?

I have one other important question.  I'm from the usa but i'm actually in canada at the moment.  Does that matter at all?  Thus i could use blockchain in the usa or canada?  I dont want to open it in canada then find out its country restricted.  Would i be able to access my bitcoin wallet thus blockchain in say mexico?  Thats where im most going to after this so just want to make sure.

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
I actually prefer Electrum over Multibit because Electrum is a deterministic wallet, which means it is not only easy to use but also easy to make backups.

Blockchain.info wallet is good as well, but you should enable the 2FA function for better safety.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I suggest you use blockchain.info wallet or multibit.org. They are easy and you don't have to download the huge blockchain.
Pages:
Jump to: