Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin wallet QT any better for mac? - page 2. (Read 3013 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
August 21, 2013, 10:35:53 AM
That sucks.

I think it should only be reindexing the block database, not downloading it. That still takes a half hour or more (inconvenient, especially if you have to do it over and over) but downloading the whole blockchain again and again would be like eight or twelve hours or more.

Anyway, sounds like Multibit might be the ticket for you. Though if you're losing power that often you might be wise to consider getting an uninterruptible power supply. It wouldn't have to be a big one, just enough time to let you shut down your computer gracefully.
Activity: 743
Merit: 500
August 21, 2013, 09:41:14 AM
I've noticed the need to reindex the block database if the power goes out and the machine gets unexpectedly restarted.
It happened to me more than 5 times and it's very annoying to download again all database.Very often local transformer station turned off electricity Angry
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
August 20, 2013, 02:01:56 AM
I use Bitcoin-Qt on my Mac and haven't had the problem you've described as long as I shut down Bitcoin-Qt and wait for it to fully close before shutting down my computer. Are you using an old version?

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
August 19, 2013, 07:10:45 AM
I've noticed the need to reindex the block database if the power goes out and the machine gets unexpectedly restarted, but I haven't experienced that otherwise.

I use the QT client on my desktop computer as sort of not-quite-cold storage. On my laptop (more day-to-day usage) I use Multibit. Multibit does not download the entire blockchain and is more "lightweight" in a number of other ways. Sounds like that might be a better match for you.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
August 19, 2013, 06:25:59 AM
I use bitcioin-qt and quite a few times I open the damn thing and it has to start from scratch rebuilding the block database. I am fed up with it. Are there any other options which are just as safe?
Pages:
Jump to: