Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Weekly Looking For Writers - page 2. (Read 5998 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
May 13, 2011, 03:45:45 PM
Due to the extreme price deflation, I am dropping the price to 1 BTC.
legendary
April 27, 2011, 10:17:52 AM
Here is my pitch for an article. In a hypothetical post-singularity world, where the most people live as software entities on a computer in a truly post scarcity society, what do people spend money on?

You should send these to my email, ya?

Anyway, I like the idea. Send a draft to my email address.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
April 27, 2011, 08:49:49 AM
It is true that I think that a post scarcity society would not need good for most goods or services. I do, however, still think that there would be money, or at least some sort of currency. What would it be used for? In short, getting people to do what you want. There might not be any scarcity for commodities, but there would still be scarcity for creativity. So, if you are making a video game (or a virtual reality sim) and you want x famous composer to do the score then you would use currency. Also, I think in this hypothetical future, a higher percentage of people would donate to projects and artists that they like than currently do so. Right now when you donate to an artist or project, you are using the same thing that you use to buy food, shelter, medical care, and the other things necessary for a comfortable continued existence. In this thought experiment, your continued existence would be guaranteed, thus eliminating most of the mandatory cost that people have today.

Also, let me make it clear, this article would only be a thought experiment. I am not predicting that we will someday reach a truly post scarcity point in our civilization's development. I have as little idea of what the future holds as anybody else. But it is true that currently our global civilization is trending towards post scarcity. This article would then be a thought experiment to see what interesting things happen when that trend is taken to an extreme.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
April 27, 2011, 02:20:04 AM
Here is my pitch for an article. In a hypothetical post-singularity world, where the most people live as software entities on a computer in a truly post scarcity society, what do people spend money on?
Hosting/Electricity?
trick question.
in a truly post scarcity society there is no need for money  Tongue
Activity: 294
Merit: 252
Firstbits: 1duzy
April 27, 2011, 02:15:50 AM
Hosting/Electricity?
Activity: 8
April 27, 2011, 01:00:19 AM
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
April 24, 2011, 03:50:42 AM
Adjusting price to 2.5 BTC.

Still looking for writers.

You were getting too many applicants at 5  Huh
The price of a BTC has more than doubled since the first post Wink
Activity: 294
Merit: 252
Firstbits: 1duzy
April 24, 2011, 03:26:52 AM

You were getting too many applicants at 5  Huh
legendary
April 24, 2011, 02:30:00 AM

legendary
April 22, 2011, 11:31:16 PM

I could write an article explaining public/private keys in layman's terms without getting technical and how they are used within the Bitcoin network when sending/receiving.

This is what I want to see. Next time, please contact me by email...

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof
April 22, 2011, 11:19:10 PM
I need writers. I want writers. For 5 BTC per article!

It's not much but it's better than nothing.

I could write an article explaining public/private keys in layman's terms without getting technical and how they are used within the Bitcoin network when sending/receiving.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
April 22, 2011, 10:50:52 PM

Hell it's way more than nothing: it's BitCoins!  Smiley  I'll consider this.  If I can think of any interesting topics I'll post back here.
legendary
April 22, 2011, 05:46:05 PM

Activity: 49
April 19, 2011, 10:27:50 AM
this is a really good idea!

I can't write myself, but keep up with it!
legendary
April 19, 2011, 08:22:06 AM
Everyone, I am still looking for writers!

If you're interested in history, cryptography, or economics...visit the Bitcoin Weekly's submission page for more information.

It's still 5 BTC per article.
legendary
April 05, 2011, 11:34:44 AM
And is measured with monetary value. So I think bitcoin prospect is good.
My address is:1FpnpqazihcQjgkhS9HnnaWMT7cm5r3izt

Ying, this is not how The Bitcoin Weekly works. I am not looking for generic article on cryptography or how bitcoin works.
Activity: 37
April 05, 2011, 09:26:09 AM
I am willing to pay 5 BTC for anybody who would write an article and authorized me to publish it under the public domain. Pitch an idea to me and I will think about it. If I like your idea, you will get a 4 days deadline to write your article and 3 days deadline to finish your final draft.

See http://bitcoinweekly.com for all the articles that been published on the site.

At the moment, I am looking for articles dealing with:

1. Cryptography and bitcoin history.
2. Bitcoin economics
3. Review of services and goods in the bitcoin economy.

So, as you can see, I like all things to be related to bitcoin. It's not a full fledge magazine in technology or whatever.

If you like the magazine, don't forget to donate bitcoin to me at the address I listed on Bitcoin Weekly website. Those donations help pay for the magazine's very existence.
Cryptography is the study of compiling the password and crack password technology science. Study the objective laws of password change, applied to prepare password to keep secret, called encoding communication study; Applied to decipher the password for communication intelligence, called deciphering learn, floorboard cryptography. And Bitcoin is peer-to-peer (peer to peer) - based on network - anonymous digital currency. Peer-to-peer (peer to peer) - - mean that no central authority control money remittance channels. Instead, these money transfers task is conducted by the network nodes collective management. Anonymous means trading parties can hide your true identity. His advantage: no trust middlemen, can easily for Internet remittance. Third party can't control or stop your trading. Bitcoin transactions, and credit card almost free online payment system usually charge 1-5% of transaction costs, plus other various cost up to hundreds of dollars. Avoid the central reserve bank of bad policy and instability caused by safety hazard. Bitcoin system limited monetary inflation is evenly distributed (by the CPU in the entire network, decide to) rather than by the bank. Bitcoin is a monopoly by Satoshi Nakamoto make open source projects, currently in development testing phase

The main features of commodity currencies are mainly exports interest rates, gross domestic product, a higher percentage of primary product main important production and export, with some commodity currency (or gold price changes, etc.) the coincidental The product is a service economy transformation of economic. In product economy, value feet

Degrees are to currency; In the service economy, the value scale is eyeball. In the future, we

Maybe will no longer commend contain Troy (a pair of eyeballs eye worth), and

The eyeball to ask money of a dollar money content (eye content). Wealth is still, and from money

And is measured with monetary value. So I think bitcoin prospect is good.
My address is:1FpnpqazihcQjgkhS9HnnaWMT7cm5r3izt
legendary
March 26, 2011, 03:44:34 PM
All of this is formalized in the submission page on the site!

http://bitcoinweekly.com/pages/submission
Activity: 48
March 25, 2011, 04:03:42 PM
Instead of using the Unlicense, you should use CC0. CC0 is much more legally strong for non-software works.
legendary
March 25, 2011, 03:49:37 PM

If it's weekly and they don't make the deadline wouldn't that just push it back a week?

I decided they don't make sense anymore. However, I would like one article per week.
Pages:
Jump to: