Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin will be banned ?? - page 3. (Read 3951 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
November 04, 2015, 08:55:03 PM
As long I want to believe in bitcoin I can sense danger in the future of bitcoin. Governments won't give power to the people - and currency is the power.
Government intervention in the bitcoin industry is simply inevitable. I think there is a really high chance that we see a lot more government action against bitcoin.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr
November 04, 2015, 08:50:59 PM
Some govs are trying that, but their effort is worth shiat. They just give Bitcoin more attention with their efforts so i am personally not worried much about that. PPL will always find way to use and trade Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018
November 04, 2015, 08:49:32 PM
It wasnt FUD. I was curious what others thought about his comments. I also was referring to bitcoin being banned and not bitcoin being stopped.
 Now I have to worry about solar flares too tyvm
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035
November 04, 2015, 08:47:10 PM
The head of a major bank hopes that bitcoin will be banned - does anyone consider this news? In your dreams, dude.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 04, 2015, 08:38:59 PM
Well he is a fairly powerful guy and what he says shouldn't be ignored either. Sure bitcoin would work if it was banned but spending it or converting it to fiat would be another matter. All it takes is a number of these guys from around the world to pull the plug. Do you not think they are not talking about it already
So this "powerful guy" will prevent me from giving someone cash for Bitcoins (i.e. direct exchange)?  Roll Eyes That's just nonsense. I suggest that you stop; it is starting to look like a FUD attempt. The only thing that could kill Bitcoin would be something like a solar flare that could kill the internet completely and/or all electronics. At that point, Bitcoin would be the least of our problems. There are other examples which can be found in many threads around the forum. This "powerful guy" would not be making such statements if he had the power to stop Bitcoin right here, right now.
legendary
November 04, 2015, 08:33:57 PM
I don't even understand why anyone is giving this article/guy attention. Obviously the people that have the most to lose are going to be the ones trying to prevent Bitcoin. Nobody can stop Bitcoin. You can not stop peer to peer unless you control and censor every single person on the planet. In order to stop Bitcoin you have to convert each country to a tyranny. Bitcoin has already succeeded. As long as you are able to send coins from address X to address Y it is working. The price is not relevant to that question.

Well he is a fairly powerful guy and what he says shouldn't be ignored either. Sure bitcoin would work if it was banned but spending it or converting it to fiat would be another matter. All it takes is a number of these guys from around the world to pull the plug. Do you not think they are not talking about it already
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
November 04, 2015, 08:30:56 PM
If Bitcoin gets to big and begins interfering with fiat...governments will either learn to adapt (unlikely because the whole point of Bitcoin is to decentralise) or they will try to eliminate it...
But yes stopping peer to peer? Almost impossible.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator
November 04, 2015, 08:29:38 PM
good luck with that Tongue Dimon is an old man talks old bullshits..
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 04, 2015, 08:25:46 PM
I don't even understand why anyone is giving this article/guy attention. Obviously the people that have the most to lose are going to be the ones trying to prevent Bitcoin. Nobody can stop Bitcoin. You can not stop peer to peer unless you control and censor every single person on the planet. In order to stop Bitcoin you have to convert each country to a tyranny. Bitcoin has already succeeded. As long as you are able to send coins from address X to address Y it is working. The price is not relevant to that question.
legendary
November 04, 2015, 08:17:41 PM
Or so says Jamie Dimon. He seems pretty sure of himself too. What are your thoughts

http://fortune.com/2015/11/04/jamie-dimon-virtual-currency-bitcoin/

moderator note:
duplicate topic https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12889505, locked.
Pages:
Jump to: