Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin will never reach $20 again - page 3. (Read 40267 times)

copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504
Spear the bees
February 06, 2016, 10:26:07 AM
It's funny to see how some people don't read the thread and go straight into an ignorant reply, talking as if OP had posted this just yesterday. As for what had happened, back in 2011 when the price was at $20 people would have been inclined to sell. Imagine at this time if the price went up to $500, or $600. We would be inclined to sell our Bitcoins, just as much as OP. However, since the community now has developed, our views on Bitcoins are a bit more concrete and the number of people with bearish interests has dwindled since its time in 2011. Suffice to say, a smaller majority of people had high hopes back then, but of course, they weren't in the 1000s range.

Suppose the price does reach $1000 again. Would you sell, like OP? Or would you continue holding? If you had a lot of faith in Bitcoin, you would hold the coins, but I'm assuming that most would sell at least some of their coins. OP's decision wasn't that hard to understand.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
February 06, 2016, 10:18:45 AM
I do not believe that if the price of bitcoin be $ 20 for 1 BTC, it would be very boring, maybe everyone will leave bitcoin, I think it is a number that is meaningless on the Internet  Sad

The bitcoin will reach $20 when there is no consensus between the bitcoin community and there are hard forks of bitcoin and 2 bitcoin exist, one of them reach reach $20 or lower.

I read somewhere that the Core team will implement larger block size by April this year. So it will not be a big problem.

it can literally take more than a year if everything goes as slow as things are right now. but if there is an agreement reached and the larger blocks are implemented, then i am quite sure it will give the bitcoin price a huge boost. that plus the comming block halving will definitely cause the price to peak somewhere this year. but then there must be a block size increase being implemented THIS year.
Activity: 171
Merit: 3
February 06, 2016, 08:14:54 AM
I do not believe that if the price of bitcoin be $ 20 for 1 BTC, it would be very boring, maybe everyone will leave bitcoin, I think it is a number that is meaningless on the Internet  Sad

The bitcoin will reach $20 when there is no consensus between the bitcoin community and there are hard forks of bitcoin and 2 bitcoin exist, one of them reach reach $20 or lower.

I read somewhere that the Core team will implement larger block size by April this year. So it will not be a big problem.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
January 25, 2016, 11:54:39 AM

You are right. As 1 BTC is $ 20 dollars, then indeed less people do bitcoin.

But I think the chance is small since it is becoming increasingly popular.
Activity: 171
Merit: 3
January 25, 2016, 04:32:54 AM

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
January 07, 2016, 01:12:04 PM
Always a great to pump. Ouch, it still feels bad reading OP, he couldn't handle the shame of his failed prediction and has never signed back since then. I wonder if when the failed predictions of doom like kwuckduck never happen, they will face the shame of being wrong or they will leave too? We'll see.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
January 07, 2016, 12:21:34 PM
Activity: 462
January 07, 2016, 12:06:13 PM
That is just 100% true I will tell you we won see a 200 dollar this year I think.
I am seeing that bitcoin is kinda stable price for now. Is not dropping or going to high.
The price is good just need to wait for halving.
Activity: 406
January 07, 2016, 12:01:36 PM
Come on guys, he is a BTC economist. You need to do what the experts say!!!

July 09, 2011
This is why I have liquidated my position in Bitcoins.  There is very little upside going forward.  No forward moves of late have any traction whatsoever and demand continues to lag.  Way too little upside for such a risky proposition so my advice is to move into dollars.  Only a significant change in the economy could alter this forecast.
It has been passed almost 5 years since his post but things have been changed and maybe we can say bitcoin will never reach $200 again.

yes I agree. Bitcoin has grown a lot in the last year.
From $200 to a good standing for a month long at around $400.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
January 07, 2016, 11:56:51 AM
So the OP liquidated his bitcoins at $20. I wonder how he feels now ?........supposing he's not jumped of a bridge!
Just hodl guys! Imagine where we are gonna be in a few short years 😆

Well it was in 2011. The price back then was 20 usd and it was the top price at the moment.
https://bitcoinhelp.net/know/more/price-chart-history
I think a lot of us whould have done the same...

Some of think the price will rise in the future and will not sell any in the foreseeable future. The price just started rising.
Activity: 896
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
December 14, 2015, 05:25:14 PM
So the OP liquidated his bitcoins at $20. I wonder how he feels now ?........supposing he's not jumped of a bridge!

Well it was in 2011. The price back then was 20 usd and it was the top price at the moment.
https://bitcoinhelp.net/know/more/price-chart-history
I think a lot of us whould have done the same...
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
December 14, 2015, 04:21:08 PM
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
December 14, 2015, 04:17:13 PM
Lol I thought this was a new thread, but it's great to see what people were talking about in 2011 and how wrong this guy's views were. Having said that, Bitcoin certainly could drop to $20. stranger things have happened.
legendary
Activity: 840
December 14, 2015, 03:54:34 PM

July 09, 2011
This is why I have liquidated my position in Bitcoins.  There is very little upside going forward.  No forward moves of late have any traction whatsoever and demand continues to lag.  Way too little upside for such a risky proposition so my advice is to move into dollars.  Only a significant change in the economy could alter this forecast.
It has been passed almost 5 years since his post but things have been changed and maybe we can say bitcoin will never reach $200 again.
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
December 14, 2015, 03:49:41 PM

If I may ask what is necrothread? I know what yo mean, but what is it.

It's a reference to necromancy, the raising of the dead! (Sorry, I've watched way too much Lord of the Rings and zombie films recently...!)
Activity: 336
December 14, 2015, 11:38:36 AM
Well I think you are so wrong and maybe you are just trolling too, but we won't see a 200 dollar worth of bitcoin I think.
And why even say that we if we go to the future, I bet that bitcoin will increase even more.

They weren't trolling. At the time of their post, BTC/USD was below 20, and would remain there for over a year, until 2013. Check the date - you're replying to a very, very old OP. This is a necrothread.

Oh I didn't see that it was in 2011 I only see that is today.
I didn't spect that it would be that long. If I may ask what is necrothread? I know what yo mean, but what is it.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145
The revolution will be monetized!
December 14, 2015, 11:10:58 AM

July 09, 2011

Activity: 350
December 14, 2015, 09:23:43 AM
Well I wish I started to know bitcoin in 2013 20 dollar for a bitcoin I would have bought it.
If I knew that it will increase like this.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
December 14, 2015, 06:31:31 AM
OP, you missed two extra zeros, the price will not reach of course $20, unless it crashes totally and the price will go up to $0

The OP was a long, long time ago! They were incorrect - price did reach $20 again, back in 2013.
I hope that the price will not reached ever the price of $20 again, i am optimistic that the price will reach by $500 this month.

I wouldn't mind if this were to happen, it would give me a chance to bulk in. I don't think it will happen again though. Something big has to happen for bitcoin to go back down like that.
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
December 14, 2015, 06:20:38 AM
Well I think you are so wrong and maybe you are just trolling too, but we won't see a 200 dollar worth of bitcoin I think.
And why even say that we if we go to the future, I bet that bitcoin will increase even more.

They weren't trolling. At the time of their post, BTC/USD was below 20, and would remain there for over a year, until 2013. Check the date - you're replying to a very, very old OP. This is a necrothread.
Pages:
Jump to: