Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin will one day rise again like the phoenix - page 2. (Read 5196 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
The second chance early adopter argument is bogus as long as the majority of miners aren't squeezed out and everybody thinks at the start of a new ralley that it is just another dead cat bounce.

I think the sign we are looking for are declining hashrates & rising prices at the same time.

Btw: Minsc why you suddenly have gone bullish? 2 weeks ago you posted tulip bubble graphs and now this???
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
Traditional investments fail when the corporation is closed. Bitcoin will close when the last botminer and pool stops running. Not likely. Bitcoin is an idea that is too big to fail. Enjoy the second chance at becoming an early adopter.

I think the best outcome of this will be that there won't be an "early adopter" argument again for a long time. My immediate friends who complained about it a few months ago are now waiting for the exchange rate to rise again to start buying. This at least proves that the argument was invalid all along. Yeah, I will be catching the "falling knife". Wink Though it's best to earn coins instead of buying them as always.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I will pay you $100 to take my HDD which holds my wallet.dat with 1 BTC on it because they are going to be ruled illegal soon and I don't want to get fucked over.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
today is the day Bitcoin will one day rise again like the phoenix
its happening now!

ZOMG!!! Buybuybuy!!11!!!!!1!!!!11
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
today is the day Bitcoin will one day rise again like the phoenix
its happening now!

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
I don't care so much either about a low price per se as it's true Bitcoin should rather be used as a currency than a pure speculative target, but the problem is that low prices will make Bitcoin stand out less against other cryptocurrencies => 21 million limit my ass.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
The only thing I'm really worried about, regarding very low prices, is a non-secure hash rate. A price of below $1 could prove to be catastrophic for Bitcoin's technical security because with low hash rates the block chain becomes much easier to attack. This is why I really hope, as a supporter of Bitcoin, that the price doesn't go too low.

Is this certain?  I asked in the technical forum once and while I don't understand any of it, it sounded like it didn't matter and the hash rate would have the same security.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
Why do you guys care so much about the price? Bitcoin will live or die regardless of the price.
I worry somewhat because I do invest in Bitcoin. Nothing I can't afford to lose but still. But I'm doing other stuff as well, in fact I'm soon starting a company offering services related to Bitcoins. As far as the company is concerned a low and stable price is much better than a price that's continously declining. The decline has to stop, that's more important than at what point it stops.

The only thing I'm really worried about, regarding very low prices, is a non-secure hash rate. A price of below $1 could prove to be catastrophic for Bitcoin's technical security because with low hash rates the block chain becomes much easier to attack. This is why I really hope, as a supporter of Bitcoin, that the price doesn't go too low.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Sorry, Matthew, I care about the price because I don't want to waste my money.  Having money is important to me.  I know I'm eccentric in this regard. Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I have not made any financial commitments to it, yet, but I believe the bottom will be well below $1/BTC.  The huge crash we've seen over the past couple of days, though, I doubt that's going to be typical of the ride down.  There will be more bouncing along and dropping, just as there has been for the past few weeks.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
I think the bottom is likely going to be at $1.x, but it might be that it already hit the bottom. We'll see. Regardless, the downtrend is the active scenario until we don't have a new low for a month.

But I do agree with the OP, this is nothing new for Bitcoin. The currency and the economy behind it are still taking their baby steps. We will see x amount of months of a very low and more stable price, I think, and then after we get real developments in the economy, a new uptrend will form.

But without real developments it won't. There are not nearly enough people willing to drive it up based only on hype, not anymore.
anu
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
Traditional investments fail when the corporation is closed. Bitcoin will close when the last botminer and pool stops running. Not likely. Bitcoin is an idea that is too big to fail. Enjoy the second chance at becoming an early adopter.

+1
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
Not quite, still a ways to go.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
It is very close to the bottom!  What we need to figure out is where the bottom price is.
Pages:
Jump to: