Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Windows gadget which displays BTC and currency amounts - page 14. (Read 69138 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
This is pretty neat! I haven't downloaded it yet because I would like to hear from someone with a higher post count that it can be trusted, but it does seem like a great gadget!
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
This is an oldish thread, but what the hey:

Nice work on the gadget! Cool

It would be nice if double clicking the gadget caused system to open URL of primary exchange.
Activity: 816
Merit: 1000
this is cool, thank you!
Activity: 516
Merit: 268
Hi all. MyBitcoins gadget was updated today.

New feature is that now you can set alerts - when a certain amount is reached, value in gadget changes color to let you know that it's above or below threshold.

The Litecoin gadget has received the same update, and there are two new gadgets available as of today: MyNamecoins gadget and MyCoins gadget which is a universal gadget that can display any currency. Check them out if you're interested.
New versions of both BTC and LTC gadgets are available. Two changes in this version:

1. Support for international Windows versions. Gadget wouldn't install on German windows (or any version other than en-US), and it would ignore decimals on correction values if Windows was setup to use comma instead of decimal point. If you encountered this problems, please download the newest version and give it a try.

2. Ability to use Javascript in JSON keys. The json object variable name is "json". That means that JSON key can be referenced from Javascript like this: json.ticker.last - which allows to retrieve data from more complicated JSON responses. The old way of referencing keys ("last") still works, but is not able to parse JSON responses where there are, say, two JSON keys with the requested name.
I've released the new version of the gadget (2.0), now with expanded view for traders and presets for traders and miners. The update covers all extra functionality developed for MyLitecoins gadget (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/announce-litecoin-windows-gadget-which-displays-ltc-and-currency-amounts-68288).

Download link is still the same: http://www.domchi.cc/mybitcoins/
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
We created a Project Page for both your Windows gadgets to help support the project and generate interest.
Here's the Bitcoin gadget page:  https://litebit.co/project-item/bitcoin-gadget/
Everything is working OK. not a miner here, just thought the exchange price was not updating, because of the mining default time.

OK. Smiley
When there are no mining pools defined, mining update time is irrelevant.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Sorry, I'm not quite clear on this in the end; did it revert or not? It should revert to 10 minutes only when you close the gadget completely and open a new instance (which resets all gadget settings anyway). Also, there is a built-in minimum which gets applied automatically if you enter value that is too small.

What is the minimum mining time? Maybe that's what was causing the time to default back.

1 minute. 10 minutes is the setting applied only on the first run. I've tried reproducing this but I can't; could you please share your exact settings? I don't need exact amounts and pool keys, but I'd like to reproduce your setup as closely as possible. At what point does your mining time reset, after you exit settings?

Everything is working OK. not a miner here, just thought the exchange price was not updating, because of the mining default time.

Sorry, I'm not quite clear on this in the end; did it revert or not? It should revert to 10 minutes only when you close the gadget completely and open a new instance (which resets all gadget settings anyway). Also, there is a built-in minimum which gets applied automatically if you enter value that is too small.

What is the minimum mining time? Maybe that's what was causing the time to default back.

1 minute. 10 minutes is the setting applied only on the first run. I've tried reproducing this but I can't; could you please share your exact settings? I don't need exact amounts and pool keys, but I'd like to reproduce your setup as closely as possible. At what point does your mining time reset, after you exit settings?
EDIT:  OK, it seems to be updating fine. Tested it with other real time tools and updated 4 times in a row instantly with the others.
FYI:  I'm not a miner (yet) but I was fooling around with the other stuff and noticed that the mining data time reverts back to the default of 10 minutes after I changed it in the settings.

P.S. Thanks for donation. Smiley

EDIT:  OK, it seems to be updating fine. Tested it with other real time tools and updated 4 times in a row instantly with the others.
FYI:  I'm not a miner (yet) but I was fooling around with the other stuff and noticed that the mining data time reverts back to the default of 10 minutes after I changed it in the settings.

P.S. Thanks for donation. Smiley
I updated the official version.

Previously there was only one update interval, set to 10 minutes (since there is one block every 10 minutes so that's how often mining pools update data). But exchanges of course update much faster.

Since there is no point in hitting mining pools as often as exchanges, I created two separate update intervals for pools and for an exchange. Both intervals are initially set to 10 minutes, but now anybody can easily tweak them through settings, each of them separately.

New version is available on http://www.domchi.cc/mybitcoins/. If you don't need to tweak update intervals, don't worry - there's no need to upgrade, you can continue using version 1.0.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Smiley

Been playing with your update.

I went in gadget settings and changed exchange update time to 10 seconds, but after a while noticed mistaken thought
it was not updating, it looks like it might be still using the Mining Data interval of 10 minutes.

Gonna keep on testing and let you know what I find.

EDIT:  OK, it seems to be updating fine. Tested it with other real time tools and updated 4 times in a row instantly with the others.

I may PM you about an idea I have for similar gadget for a different kind of BTC conversion.

Please do. I'm particularly interested if anyone has any ideas how to make MyBitcoins better - though I strive to keep it as simple as possible so I can't promise that every suggestion will be implemented.

Sent you a little donation, by the way.

On your Forum signature, you should add a link to your bitcoin gadget, something like.

"Get the Bitcoin Gadget: a real-time BTC/USD price display for your PC desktop!"

It's amazing how the simplest things can be just so downright handy.
I may PM you about an idea I have for similar gadget for a different kind of BTC conversion.

Please do. I'm particularly interested if anyone has any ideas how to make MyBitcoins better - though I strive to keep it as simple as possible so I can't promise that every suggestion will be implemented.

Previously there was only one update interval, set to 10 minutes (since there is one block every 10 minutes so that's how often mining pools update data). But exchanges of course update much faster.

Since there is no point in hitting mining pools as often as exchanges, I created two separate update intervals for pools and for an exchange. Both intervals are initially set to 10 minutes, but now anybody can easily tweak them through settings, each of them separately.

New version is available on http://www.domchi.cc/mybitcoins/. If you don't need to tweak update intervals, don't worry - there's no need to upgrade, you can continue using version 1.0.

Awesome!  Many thanks for the upgrade.

Thanks again!

Yes; every ten minutes.
that's rather slow. why not 10 seconds? which happens to be most exchange's api update interval.

here's a patched version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xfudytkbbq33g75 Grin

I already patched mine: the interval to 10 seconds  and also changed the default feed to "Last" instead of "Sell" price.

Thanks for the link though.

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
Yes; every ten minutes.
that's rather slow. why not 10 seconds? which happens to be most exchange's api update interval.

here's a patched version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xfudytkbbq33g75 Grin
Yes; every ten minutes.

OK, thanks, great windows gadget! 
Pages:
Jump to: