Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin with capital "B" and bitcoins with lowercase "b" - page 3. (Read 862 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 630
I don't think there is a generally accepted use in this regard and people do not pay much attention to this distinction. But it would be very good to know all of us the difference. Thank you for sharing this.
Activity: 810
Merit: 101
I guess it doesn't matter. People can call it whatever they want, it doesn't change the meaning. But such variations, which you found I, too, in the first time see. I've never seen such before.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2733
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
Bitcoin with capital "B" and bitcoin with lowercase "b"; i have always wanted to learn the difference between them but was not certified when i came across them. Sometimes on this forum i will used them based on the way OP used them to frame my post but now i have realize when to use the "B"(Bitcoin)  and the "b"(bitcoin) thanks for the share...

So it's basically Bitcoin as tech and bitcoin as currency.
bitcoins as currency. 🙂

It's in the advertising slot meaning the admin added it and he is enough knowledgeable in this matter. Also you can see qwk already knew it.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
It there any difference? It is all the same for me though, but I guess in the future it will have some sense and people will try to see that also.

I guess it matters in the "grammar nazi" sense. I always make the distinction myself (Bitcoin as the protocol, bitcoins as the currency unit) but I would never correct other people. Who cares, right? It reminds of "You say tomato, I say tomahto." Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 5
Culotte Jaune Officielle
I am surprised a lot of people didn't know it. Shocked Specially the old members like OP.

(it's not a criticism Smiley )
It is described in this site described in the bitcoin site "Bitcoin - with capitalization, is used when describing the concept of Bitcoin, or the entire network itself. e.g. "I was learning about the Bitcoin protocol today."bitcoin - without capitalization, is used to describe bitcoins as a unit of account. e.g. "I sent ten bitcoins today."; it is also often abbreviated BTC or XBT."

Source: https://bitcoin.org/en/vocabulary#bit

The sentence used by @pamoldar is a great example of how to and when to use Bitcoin with a capital B and with a small letter b.

Wasn't the first post clear enough to understand? Why posting to say the same thing
Activity: 336
Merit: 5
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
Is this specified somewhere in the whitepaper or did satoshi himself create the advertising section? Not that i'm doubting it, good to know how it should be spelt for any pedantic Bitcoiners or should it be bitcoiners? Grin
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Bitcoin with capital "B" and bitcoin with lowercase "b"; i have always wanted to learn the difference between them but was not certified when i came across them. Sometimes on this forum i will used them based on the way OP used them to frame my post but now i have realize when to use the "B"(Bitcoin)  and the "b"(bitcoin) thanks for the share...

So it's basically Bitcoin as tech and bitcoin as currency.
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411
Shitcoin Minimalist
These semantics are so important and yet so unimportant at the same time.
It's like Kilobits and Kilobytes
You forgot the all-important Kibibyte Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
It's like Kilobits and Kilobytes

kbps
KBps

kbps is 1000 bits per second
KBps is 1024 bytes per second

1 Kilobyte = 8 Kilobit hehe

It's all confusion if you do not know the terms properly.
donator
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
Study the past, if you would divine the future.
hahah wow i just actually learned this now if it is a thing
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
It is described in this site described in the bitcoin site "Bitcoin - with capitalization, is used when describing the concept of Bitcoin, or the entire network itself. e.g. "I was learning about the Bitcoin protocol today."bitcoin - without capitalization, is used to describe bitcoins as a unit of account. e.g. "I sent ten bitcoins today."; it is also often abbreviated BTC or XBT."

Source: https://bitcoin.org/en/vocabulary#bit

The sentence used by @pamoldar is a great example of how to and when to use Bitcoin with a capital B and with a small letter b.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

Probably best to just keep swapping all the B's about for maximum confusion.

+ Merit
Activity: 1190
Merit: 255
Can't you just use the abbreviation like if you want to pay, you can send him BTCs. I think we make the B uppercase in respect to it being a proper noun "Bitcoin" unlike cryptocurrency which is a general term for all. But then again upper or lowercase it all sound the same. You still can send it to anyone anywhere.
Activity: 868
Merit: 257
New learning.

I just noticed this in the advertising section of the forum.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Image: http://prntscr.com/mblnlf

Meaning when I am paying someone in Bitcoin then I am sending him bitcoins  Smiley

We are Bitcoiners and bitcoins are our currency.

Thank you.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge about this , we have some mistake that we haven't notice and should be corrected just like this one. Bitcoin and bitcoins , at first you will be confused but if you try to look for their real meaning then you will clearly understand the difference between the two.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 30
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2733
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
Yes. I believe that was common knowledge in olden times Cool
I missed it entirely. I see the eyeglass though 😜

It there any difference?
Technically yes but practically no. When you ask me

== to pay you bitcoins then I understand you are talking about Bitcoin : Both technically and practically its correct
== to pay you Bitcoin then I understand you are talking about Bitcoin : Technically in-correct but practically correct.

Hope I make sense LOL
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
New learning.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.

Meaning when I am paying someone in Bitcoin then I am sending him bitcoins  Smiley

Thank you.

It there any difference? It is all the same for me though, but I guess in the future it will have some sense and people will try to see that also.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
And we are BitCoinTalkerS Tongue
Indeed. Just wondering to ask, did you know these two terminology before? Honestly speaking it's a new learning for me though.

I always thought about the plural of Bitcoin (correct name is bitcoins which we know now).

Now I am thinking it's bitcoins which represents both singular and plural logically I guess. Can anyone correct me?
And also Bitcoin is most commonly used for the term of the technology itself while bitcoin is as you mentioned.
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411
Shitcoin Minimalist
And we are BitCoinTalkerS Tongue
Indeed. Just wondering to ask, did you know these two terminology before?
Yes. I believe that was common knowledge in olden times Cool
Activity: 484
Merit: 100
New learning.

Meaning when I am paying someone in Bitcoin then I am sending him bitcoins  Smiley

Thank you.
The "B" signifies our existence, the Bitcoiner always believes in it even when the bear market is still going on. We Bitcoiner use bitcoin as a currency like FIAT. We use our money to trade whatever we want. Great Bitcoiners!
Pages:
Jump to: