Pages:
Author

Topic: [bitcoind] Transaction fees: One annoying shit i have stumbled upon - page 2. (Read 3160 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1073
The fee is miniscule.  Just eat it and call it a cost of doing business.
kjj probably runs a mining pool which collects those fees and doesn't distribute them to the actual miners. So your cost will be his gain.

Isn't the bitcoin ecosystem wonderfully egalitarian that way?
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1026
The fee is miniscule.  Just eat it and call it a cost of doing business.
legendary
Activity: 1072
Merit: 1181
There used to be a patch or pull request that added the ability to create a transaction for preview, i.e. not transmitting it yet to the network. This transaction could then be inspected, and afterwards either confirmed or aborted.

I very much liked that idea as a solution to the unknown-fees problem, but I can't find it anymore.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1073
Should there be a method in the API like "checksendtransactionfees
" ?
Wouldn't work. The knapsack problem solver user to select coins is stochastic (uses rand()), therefore the coins selected from the wallet are really random for each call.

You can probably propose a change where a rand() is replaced with some pseudo-random algorithm that seeds of some explicit value and therefore is 100% reproducible.

Satoshi bitcoin client is a dream thing to pull the accounting fraud.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1006
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
Hello,

While developing a bitcoin-related app, i have stumbled upon some seriously annoying shit.

The problem is that apparently, using the default client's bitcoind, there is currently no way to determine what the transaction fee is going to be, before sending money ! (So i could, for example, tell the user how much will he be paying BEFORE he sends the money).

Should there be a method in the API like "checksendtransactionfees
" ?

Can somebody correct me please if am I wrong here?
Pages:
Jump to: