Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoiners needed in Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, etc. - page 2. (Read 3530 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Come on by to California and San Diego and ill give all the help I can. Smiley not much here yet but we're working on a few restaurants and cafes. 

We would love to come to California, but unfortunately, we can't do that on this trip!
Activity: 29
Yeah nice copypaste there. I needed all that crap  Roll Eyes

This also means no cutting corners. If we need anything, there's only one way we buy it: bitcoin.

After some rejections from cabs, we went to the train station and asked one of the only people on the platform if they’d ever heard of bitcoin. No, you haven’t? Well that’s fine. We’ll explain. It wasn’t much later that he agreed to buy us train tickets in exchange for bitcoin!

From the very beginning. You all started out with some middleman bullshit and just kept going. You've piggybacked your phones onto someone else's contract, and they happen to take your toy money and pay real dollars to the phone company. Someone gave y'all gasoline as a wedding gift (Christ what an asshole). This road trip's going to be a hilarious disaster. Good luck surviving through the wasteland that is the American midwest.
if we have to use intermediaries to survive we will, as that falls within our rules.

That's cheating and your rules are flawed. You've cheated from the very start of this "experiment" and to be honest, I expected it. Congratulations on proving nothing.

I frankly don't know what you are talking about, and normally I don't countenance these types of comments with a response. I'll make an exception for you. Our rules are public and clear. For the benefit of everyone else reading this thread, here is a list of 28 businesses which we published on our Facebook feed back on August 28th (the list has actually grown since then):

https://www.facebook.com/LifeOnBitcoin/posts/193516810826959

El Azteca
La Nay Ferme
Metropolitan Salon
Our landlord
Bitmit.net
Bitmunchies.com
Lolo's Fresh Food Market
Ridley's Market (and gas station) Midway
XOskins
Bitfash.com
Phillips 66 in West SLC via employee intermediary
Sweeto Burrito
Beli / Dawgs & More
Siegfried's Deli
Naturol Fuels (a juice place)
Lau Family Farm
Icecreamconeucopia
Harmony Homegrown
7/11 via the owner
Bitcoinstore.com
Station 22
Echo Theater
Firehouse BBQ
Frost Homestead
AT&T Store via local bitcoiner intermediary
Xtend Barre Dance Studio
Bees Brothers
McNeil Printers

A couple of notes.
1. We only used an intermediary at three of these businesses as specified above. This was a last resort. The rest of these businesses agreed to accept our bitcoins directly.
2. Furb, the intermediary at Phillips 66 will accept bitcoin when he is on shift from anyone. The intermediary at the 7/11 in Provo is the owner of the store.
3. For most of the businesses, we were their very first bitcoin purchase.

Additional note, not everyone of these businesses is ready to accept btc from the general public, but most of them are exploring it or have started accepting btc from the public.

I'll let the community be the judge as to the value of our project.

As always, if you have any questions or feedback, just let me know.

Theron H.
LifeOnBitcoin.com
Activity: 29
if we have to use intermediaries to survive we will, as that falls within our rules.

That's cheating and your rules are flawed. You've cheated from the very start of this "experiment" and to be honest, I expected it. Congratulations on proving nothing.
Activity: 37
Come on by to California and San Diego and ill give all the help I can. Smiley not much here yet but we're working on a few restaurants and cafes. 
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
"Fly you fools"
I'm not sure what specific route you are taking but the midwest is the no-mans land as far as bitcoin is concerned. I live in Kansas City and don't know of a hotel, gas station, store, etc.. that accepts btc. If you come this way, I'd be willing to trade as a last resort.
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
While I unfortunately cannot help you, sounds like an interesting project! Good luck!
Activity: 601
Merit: 610
PM sent.
Hey guys. Just noticed lifeonbitcoin.com is not indexed in Google because you've got wordpress set to not allow search engines to index it. When that's set Wordpress adds a meta-tag that tells the saerch-engines not to index or follow any links. That's REALLY bad for your publicity.

We got your email on this btcdrak. Thank you for the heads up! That is strange. I've forwarded it to Connor our web guy. We'll get this fixed.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Hey guys. Just noticed lifeonbitcoin.com is not indexed in Google because you've got wordpress set to not allow search engines to index it. When that's set Wordpress adds a meta-tag that tells the saerch-engines not to index or follow any links. That's REALLY bad for your publicity.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Message sent Cheesy
The endpoint for our trip is NYC. Just FYI.
Hi All,

We are making a documentary film Life On Bitcoin. about a couple living on bitcoin for the first 90 days of their marriage. You can learn more on our website at http://www.lifeonbitcoin.com.

Austin and Beccy, the newlywed couple are making a cross country trip with members of the film crew. We are renting a van, and the car dealership is renting it for bitcoin! The trip starts on October 12th from Provo, Utah. We need help getting food, gas and lodging along the way. We have bitcoin to pay for these things, but we need businesses and people who will accept it.

There are two possible routes we can take, and we need to find bitcoiners in Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York City area. We will only be spending bitcoin. We are prepared to camp or sleep in the car if we have to, but we would prefer to sleep in beds in small motels or hotels. Our goal is to get businesses to accept bitcoin directly, but if we have to use intermediaries to survive we will, as that falls within our rules. It is a last resort.

We are about halfway through our 90 day challenge, and we have been able to get almost 30 businesses to accept our bitcoin directly here locally and online. It would be really neat to meet and interview some cool bitcoin enthusiasts on our journey.

Please message me if you can help!

Thanks,
Theron H.
LifeOnBitcoin.com
Pages:
Jump to: