Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin's are totally useless once you have a state of WAR! - page 3. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Deutschmark had rapid inflation during WW2. If some one had savings it would be whipped out.

would rather have bitcoin if I were you. not to mention I could flee the country I wouldn't have lots of cash on hand to be confiscated.

Now; post EMP and nuclear war is a whole other topic
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
What do you think? Where is he right/wrong?

I think your friend is mentally retarded and you should get a new friend unless you just like working with 'challenged' kids.

+1 and look at history, I would rather be in bitcoins then a countries currency during war.  Once a war kicks off the money goes in the old round filling cabinet.  Ask Saddam, Kadafi, Hitler (just to name a few experts) all of those folks went to war and their money turned to funny.  Now you look at Hitler and what did he do, he chased more stable funds to back his funds and he also stole obtained other items such as art, gold and transferable equity so he could keep the war machine going.  I don't have time to write a whole history about this (wait maybe I should, might make a nice coffee table book, anyways) but drop by your local library and have fun discovering our human history and how money and war have worked since the dawn of time. 

And remember kids, stay in school.
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
The bitcoin monetary system is more resilient to war than the current system, for the following reason.

The fiat banking system is a system of liabilities. Liabilities require you to trust that the counterparty will make good on the liability. In times of war, trust between countries is replaced by hostility and mistrust.

Bitcoin is not based on liabilities. You dont have to trust anyone to store value in bitcoins. In times of war when countries do not trust each other, payment must be made in something that doesnt require trusting your enemy. That is one reason why international trade was settled in gold, for so long.

Activity: 358

I think your friend is mentally retarded and you should get a new friend unless you just like working with 'challenged' kids.

I agree.  What exactly is his point!  Why is it useless?  Unless the internet/ networking ceases to exist!
Activity: 406

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Think. Positive. Thoughts.
Bitcoin is perhaps the most effective way to hire cyber-warriors. Smiley

Conventional war... probably not. Massive government spending is required to fund war and bitcoin couldn't facilitate that.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Chupacabra = Corrupt Gov't,Lies and Fraud
...continued from my previous post from heated/fun debate about Bitcoin with a friend who is well and good in the current economic system...

The point my friend is making (and quite convincingly if I do say so myself) is that the current system cannot be taken/viewed from an extremist's point of view and simply written off as "evil".  Our current system is here, and it is working.  The main fault with it, in his view, is that it can be used to create wars to eliminate unwanted and unfriendly (non)participants of the current system.  Once that takes place, you have only participating players left, making the current system... well... "The current system!" Smiley

In order for Bitcoin to succeed, it has to topple, beat, replace, compete with the current system which is really good for WARS!  And, my friend suggests, Bitcoin will not succeed because:

Bitcoin's are totally useless once you have a state of WAR!

Pages:
Jump to: