Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin's Big Challenge in 2016: Reaching 100 Million Users - page 2. (Read 1294 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I reckon this year may well be a good one. At the same time I can't see any compelling reason why user numbers would rise that rapidly. I think Bitcoin will continue to be a slow burn for the foreseeable future. It's a hard sell and still massively misunderstood by the majority.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
When the Bitcoin price rises in 2016 as most 'experts' has predicted, then there will be much more media and attention what will bring the necessary critical mass of 100 million users.

Yeap
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
When the Bitcoin price rises in 2016 as most 'experts' has predicted, then there will be much more media and attention what will bring the necessary critical mass of 100 million users.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
"Like with VoIP, global adoption of bitcoin and blockchain technology will take time. But it’s already happening. It will be in the background, but just as ‘communications’ now is a part of many apps – from Facebook to call centres, so will transactions powered by blockchain be more and more prevalent.
Despite our lack of progress, we have something precious. Anecdotally, I can’t think of a single other back-end system that has been online for seven years without a glitch, running 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. The bitcoin blockchain has proven its resilience. In fact, a quick review of some stats points to hardening and maturity across the network.
Over the past 12 months the hashrate of the bitcoin network has tripled, to over 650,000,000GH/s. User growth across core services has been impressive.
According to publicly available data, there are now over 10 million bitcoin wallets. Perhaps the most informative statistic of all is the transaction volume: the number of transactions has also grown impressively, from roughly 80,000 a day to more than 200,000 without showing any signs of slowing."
Pages:
Jump to: