Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin's code copyright relevant question. - page 2. (Read 915 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Hello everyone,

I have some issues regarding the Bitcoin. Nakamoto wrote the bitcoin code and started the network. He published the work under the MIT license, which says something that obtaining the copy of this software is okay and whatever. What I want to know is, whether we can still consider bitcoin to be the original, yet many times updated, computer program of Nakamoto or whether the network we all use is the licensed copy.

In another words: Is bitcoin,in sense of the string of hashed text - the thing you can transfer - spent, part of the Nakamoto's creation, as it stays in the freaking blockchain, or did we all download the licensed program and subsequently the spendable bitcoins are licensed as well.

There is a difference between the Bitcoin and for example an mp3. file bitcoin always stays unique and does not need to be licensed I wonder from the point of view of someone who is an IT expert or at least someone who does IT what do we use. The licensed part or no?

GOD damn it putting this together took way too long. If none understands what am I asking please say so so I can rephrase. thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: