Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoins lack of interest, lack of traction - page 2. (Read 3300 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
Comparing bitcoin to Uber in last 12 months is very valid.

Both are disruptive technologies to the status quo.

I have not heard bitcoin mentioned a single time in my daily life by people around me in the last 12 months, nothing, nada, zip.

Uber? maybe 200 times in the last 12 months.

that's how bitcoin needs to be, but sadly it seems to be trending the wrong direction.

Well, let's be honest here. Uber makes life more convenient for whoever's using it and maybe saves them money (I dunno).

Obtaining, storing and using Bitcoin is a ball ache right now, considerably more than existing options. It can potentially save you money if you're willing to swallow the risk. Most folks are going to think 'why bother?'.

Anyone who thinks otherwise has spent too long down this particular rabbit hole.

If it gets to a point where most people don't necessarily know they're using it but it is making their lives easier, that's when it might go places. I think some interesting uses will trickle out over the next couple of years.

A prime case is Abra. There was virtually no mention of Bitcoin, only the benefits.

Activity: 1232
Merit: 524
Comparing bitcoin to Uber in last 12 months is very valid.

Both are disruptive technologies to the status quo.

I have not heard bitcoin mentioned a single time in my daily life by people around me in the last 12 months, nothing, nada, zip.

Uber? maybe 200 times in the last 12 months.

that's how bitcoin needs to be, but sadly it seems to be trending the wrong direction.

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Ahh we are finally starting to get into the dispare phase..  Starting not there yet boys.

Sub $100 before any real uptrend begins.

which means you sold all your coins right? if you really believe it will go sub $100 then selling at $240 and buying back at $100 is a great chance to increase your coins. but you didn't sell  Smiley
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder
Lol @ comparing UBER and any Startup company to bitcoin's price..... LOL

How stupid can some people be
why do you think people making such a comparison are stupid? Can you elaborate more on that, otherwise it is not worth much.
I think that making a comparison to  a startup is valid because that is where Bitcoin is right now. It is all still beta.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
Yup. last 3 months are definitely up.

Those #`s are flawed, since their are people buying and sellling accounts. You can just predict a enormous growth based on those #`s, since it could be old users that go building accounts just to sell it or used for other manipulated purposed.

If you believe that, then thats naive thinking no offense.

Doesn't mater if it's a legit account or not.

There's still more activity one way or another.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

Those #`s are flawed, since their are people buying and sellling accounts. You can just predict a enormous growth based on those #`s, since it could be old users that go building accounts just to sell it or used for other manipulated purposed.

If you believe that, then thats naive thinking no offense.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
i've already said in another thread that the interest is everything , no matter what you do (destroying bitcoin thus decreasing number of coins in circulation, won't rise the price if there is no interest ecc...)

without it no new money influx is possible as newbie are not buying any btc, and having only the whale playing with the market(aka manipulation) is even worse

this lack of interest is caused by the "$1200-$230" scenario, we need a pump now to retrieve faith in bitcoin

Seriously? You believe that the only reason why there is a massive influx of new users is because of the bubble that happened last Nov. 2013? How about what happened when bitcoin costs nothing at all? Yes, we can say that a great interest in bitcoins happened when the price was on its highest, but we cannot simply say that the only thing that will retrieve the faith of the masses in bitcoin is through a pump (which isn't a good sign for most of the merchants as it will increase the rate of volatility.) The prices that we are sitting right now isn't what most of the experienced economists and individuals expected, but at least it is not a part of another bubble that might burst out again and drive the price (and the faith) downwards.
legendary
Activity: 1330
dafar consulting
Lol @ comparing UBER and any Startup company to bitcoin's price..... LOL

How stupid can some people be
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179
I'd say new user stats on here is a much, much more meaningful statistic than google searches. It takes some proper commitment to sign up here rather than type 'what's this bitcoin drug paedo shit' into google and then go and look at some tits.

R/bitcoin has 100,000 more subscribers than when I joined. There's 300,000 more joins on here than when I signed up. It's a long way from anything exponential but it's chugging steadily onwards.

That's an excellent point. /r/bitcoin and bitcointalk are the two largest communities in bitcoin land. I think my personal path through the different communities was btc-e trollbox, then to reddit then to bitcointalk.  Using new users as a metric of adoption/interest is as good as it gets.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
I'd say new user stats on here is a much, much more meaningful statistic than google searches. It takes some proper commitment to sign up here rather than type 'what's this bitcoin drug paedo shit' into google and then go and look at some tits.

R/bitcoin has 100,000 more subscribers than when I joined. There's 300,000 more joins on here than when I signed up. It's a long way from anything exponential but it's chugging steadily onwards.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
Uber is a honey pot for unemployed persons.
Bitcoin is a debankary system.

it's a little more complicated to explain to average people that they love his bank.   Roll Eyes (and pay the bank to do somes jobs)
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder
http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin&date=today%2012-m&cmpt=q&tz=

not my imagination

new search lows in last 12 months for bitcoin

not good

now compare it with a successful technology, like uber

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=uber&date=today%2012-m&cmpt=q&tz=

dude, have you checked the absolute values of what you are comparing?
It looks like Bitcoin stabilised at the relatively high level (about 60) for the last 12 months. Uber has still to get there.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179
I think the get rich quick crowd has been leaving over the last year. There's less people searching for it because they searched it before, read a word they didn't understand and closed it out. Then they probably heard a lame news broadcast or youtube claiming that bitcoin is dead, or another hack, or something so they think they already know what bitcoin is. But that's fine, the lull should be a good thing while we work on more infrastructure around bitcoin. Give it another year or two and there should hopefully be something new in the bitcoin world that the general public will find useful.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Ahh we are finally starting to get into the dispare phase..  Starting not there yet boys.

Sub $100 before any real uptrend begins.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Well bitcoin has been in a slump over the past year. Things always trend more during rises.
legendary
Activity: 3584
Merit: 5047
http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin&date=today%2012-m&cmpt=q&tz=

not my imagination

new search lows in last 12 months for bitcoin

not good

now compare it with a successful technology, like uber

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=uber&date=today%2012-m&cmpt=q&tz=

You're badly cherry-picking timeframes, dude.

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin&date=1%2F2010%2061m&cmpt=q&tz=

This chart clearly shows online search interest is rising since Bitcoin's inception.
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
I told you so...

Also look at what people are searching for... Exactly, the value.
People don't care for bitcoin as a technology, people care to make quick money in fiat with it.
As I've said before, even though bitcoin may have some technical points that have to be addressed, it's really the people that are destroying it at an ever increasing rate.

This makes me very sad though. It goes to show the level of economic and social awareness and motivation of the average human being.

I have talked about bitcoin to so many people in the past, how it challenges established standards, nope, that's not what they wanted to know.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
i've already said in another thread that the interest is everything , no matter what you do (destroying bitcoin thus decreasing number of coins in circulation, won't rise the price if there is no interest ecc...)

without it no new money influx is possible as newbie are not buying any btc, and having only the whale playing with the market(aka manipulation) is even worse

this lack of interest is caused by the "$1200-$230" scenario, we need a pump now to retrieve faith in bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1274
The Golden Rule Rules
this isn't good sign
not good at all

Not necessarily because those that have already searched for "bitcoin" won't be searching again, but yeah the rate of new ones is down.
Pages:
Jump to: