Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoins not showing up on the blockchain? - page 3. (Read 3096 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★
It's not broadcasted yet.

But you can broadcast it manually then it'll be accepted and show up on the network.
first your friend needs to extract the raw transaction from the core wallet. (he/she can do it from console)
then it's needed to be broadcasted on here: http://blockchain.info/pushtx or here: https://btc.blockr.io/tx/push#!
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
Now thing is his wallet was 180 weeks behind something when he sent (it was still syncing)

Wait!
As a rule, you should not do anything with a wallet which isn't synced. I guess your friend had old software, too.
legendary
Activity: 1386
English <-> Portuguese translations
His wallet will need to be fully synced

This. As soon as it gets synced it will send the transaction.
The reason for that is pretty obvious: your address with the 0.4BTC could be already be used sometime in those 13180 weeks late of blocks, and then Bitcoin Core would fail and allow double spends.

can you provide the address to which the coins were sent? i think he sent them without fees

The Bitcoin-qt doesn't allow this. (unless you get the non official fork that allows that)
legendary
Activity: 1578
May the coin be with you..
His wallet will need to be fully synced
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
can you provide the address to which the coins were sent? i think he sent them without fees
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Call me Alice. just Alice.
Hello yeasterday my friend was going to send me .4 BTC. He got a Hash but it won't work or show up on blockchain.info.
It's been 13 hours now and the coins are still not showing up.

I used team viewer to check his wallet.

I can confirm that he did send the coins and got a hash.

It's 100% to the right adress.

Now thing is his wallet was 180 weeks behind something when he sent (it was still syncing)

We both had to sleep at that point and go to work today so neither of us can check his wallet now for some hours to see what happened, but anyway can the syncing of his wallet cause this problem?
Will the coins be sent once it's fully sync ? Or are we fucked ?
Pages:
Jump to: