Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin's use - page 2. (Read 237 times)

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250
February 14, 2018, 08:09:20 PM
In my understanding, Bitcoin was created as a currency an electronic form of it. But it is currently used as a form of investment. Do you think this will always be the case, and Bitcoin will never really be a type of currency?
In my opinion, the nature of bitcoin is jobbery and belief. It can not be a currency of world because bitcoin prices is volatile, unstable and heavily dependent on whales.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 14, 2018, 07:55:54 PM
It's already a kind of currency and some people use it to make purchases. The point is that each person uses it as they think it's more worthful for them on the currently situation, so for now you may see more people treating Bitcoin as an investment.

Will it change any day? If transactions fees decrease, if people are satisfied with their patrimony and if many stores from all sectors of society start accepting Bitcoin, yes, it will be more used as currency than as an asset. But it takes time to happen.
Activity: 84
Merit: 7
Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people!
February 14, 2018, 06:48:59 PM
In my honest opinion, Bitcoin will always just be a souvenir or investment.

People will use alts with more supply, less fees, faster TX times as payment funds.

In the future no one will want to use btc daily or at all. It will stay a legacy coin.

Why? There are only 23 million bitcoins or around that much. Not everyone in America, Japan, China, or anywhere can own 1 whole btc.

And there are already millions of btc lost due to wrong addresses and lost keys and lost computers. Also there's satoshi's untouchable stash.

They'll become collector's items once crypto becomes popular with mom and pop.

People will hoard the coin for prosperity and would rather use a common coin, like xrp with a limitless supply to transact with daily.
Activity: 78
Merit: 0
February 14, 2018, 06:22:10 PM
In my understanding, Bitcoin was created as a currency an electronic form of it. But it is currently used as a form of investment. Do you think this will always be the case, and Bitcoin will never really be a type of currency?
I do not think it will continue this way, someday it will come where bitcoin will become a legitimate payment instrument but it will be very long, one problem here is the government and I think bitcoin also has weaknesses such as slow confirmation and this should be immediately updated
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
February 14, 2018, 05:11:15 PM

You are correct, it was designed to be Peer-to-Peer by Satoshi, which means that you can used it without any involving any third party. However, bitcoin has evolved into a form of investment specially when the big boys enter the market. They totally change how bitcoin becomes.

I think it will not always be the case, it can still used as a payment scheme. The only problem is that with the high cost of transactions and the slow confirmations, merchants are not accepting as of yet. But this will change with Segwit + Lightning Network, in my opinion.
Activity: 518
Merit: 115
February 14, 2018, 04:30:27 PM
Pages:
Jump to: