Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin's worst year - page 3. (Read 5227 times)

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
September 20, 2014, 09:11:13 AM
So exactly what caused this 2-day price dive?
It was holding up a bit better before. It's sad to see that it's back to $400, but there is not much that I could do.
If I had a B $ I would probably buy up now.

No one have a valid answer to  this question  Roll Eyes .
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
September 20, 2014, 09:07:18 AM
Its Bitcoin's best year. The adoption and awareness has really soared which can only be a good thing for the future.

Its a bad year for short-term Bull investors.***

In terms of adoption, it is best ever.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io
September 20, 2014, 09:06:41 AM
You ruined BTC last year you were pumping it to much. Bubble then exploded. Now you cant pump it anymore since allready have a hole inside, and fiat that gets put in pours out.
Activity: 154
September 20, 2014, 07:25:45 AM
Its Bitcoin's best year. The adoption and awareness has really soared which can only be a good thing for the future.

Its a bad year for short-term Bull investors.***
Activity: 896
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
September 19, 2014, 06:27:20 PM
Bitcoin could explode any moment now. It's cheap, and it's enough that some rich individial pumps like 50 mil $ in it, and start a rally... Remember that pump from 420 to almost 700 few months ago? There are that rich persons, and that's pocket change for them. Also, watch out for next financial crysis, it will most likely happen soon and the many would realise it's lot better to buy Bitcoin instead of precious metals.

I believe in Bitcoin concept, and it's far from what it should be, compared to size of the world economy.

Everything is about momentum, we can reach $700 again only with current users (traders) under certain conditions.
legendary
Activity: 888
Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.
September 19, 2014, 06:21:42 PM
Bitcoin could explode any moment now. It's cheap, and it's enough that some rich individial pumps like 50 mil $ in it, and start a rally... Remember that pump from 420 to almost 700 few months ago? There are that rich persons, and that's pocket change for them. Also, watch out for next financial crysis, it will most likely happen soon and the many would realise it's lot better to buy Bitcoin instead of precious metals.

I believe in Bitcoin concept, and it's far from what it should be, compared to size of the world economy.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
September 19, 2014, 01:29:00 PM
I think this should be in parentheses.

Bitcoin's worst year (compared to December of 2013).

That's what all the bears are comparing it to, that one month spike.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
September 19, 2014, 01:02:24 PM

For some reason, people here try to delude themselves and say that people spending Bitcoins doesn't cause downward pressure on the price "because there is always a buyer", but those people simply don't understand how markets work.

Why? When I do buy something when bitcoin is at it's lows, I always buyback, I suppose many people do the same. Does not make economic sense otherwise.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145
The revolution will be monetized!
September 19, 2014, 12:25:29 PM
Still, at the beginning of the year I never met people who had heard of bitcoin. Now most people I mention it to have at least heard of it. I think the collapse of speculation is a great development if it's happening. Let's hope it goes all the way down to a utility support level. Something that matches the value of people who actually use bitcoin rather than buy and hold. Hoarding does not really strengthen the market especially when all one is doing is swapping fiat and BTC back and forth.  
Activity: 120
Matt or Jack? Why not both!
September 19, 2014, 12:23:27 PM
like after every night day come
so good time will come after this bad time
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
September 19, 2014, 12:21:30 PM
Last 12 months Bitcoin is up 220%. Not bad for being the worst year.
Activity: 704
Merit: 270
September 19, 2014, 12:18:33 PM
Why is Sevvero so  butt hurt? I am sure he made his nut the wholesome way, no darn cyber-computer scams or world wide web internet fraud. I came here in early 2014 when shit hit the fan. Spent 2 weeks obsessively studying the whitepaper and a bit of code to finally understand the protocol, and realized how incredible the idea was. Furthermore, the implications for society were terrific. Anywho, sure it may be a bad year and problems are on the horizon (PoW, transaction speed), but it will go up again. No other alt can beat the infrastructure and trust BTC has built before another rise. I don't know why it will rise, but this market is a fucking playground for big money, that much seems clear.  Really, this kinda volatile despair seems to be the trial one must go through to be part of something so revolutionary. Call me disillusioned, but I didn't come just to make money
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 3172
Flippin' burgers since 1163.
September 19, 2014, 12:16:40 PM
It was holding up a bit better before. It's sad to see that it's back to $400, but there is not much that I could do.
What caused it?  It's just constant downward pressure from people spending Bitcoins (and companies selling it right after), as well as miners attempting to recover money to pay off their multi-million dollar investments in mining equipment and facilities.

For some reason, people here try to delude themselves and say that people spending Bitcoins doesn't cause downward pressure on the price "because there is always a buyer", but those people simply don't understand how markets work.

Do you somehow have information that can support your statement? Because you would expect that if it is caused by people spending btc (assuming they were long term holders, and don't replace the btc), the price would decline gradually. Not with the instant 2k btc dumps we are seeing right now. The price is really hammered down, and than tends to slowly crawl up again.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
September 19, 2014, 12:08:52 PM
What caused it?  It's just constant downward pressure from people spending Bitcoins (and companies selling it right after), as well as miners attempting to recover money to pay off their multi-million dollar investments in mining equipment and facilities.

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
September 19, 2014, 12:00:13 PM
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
September 19, 2014, 12:00:06 PM
The year isn't over yet... for bulls or bears.

It's only recently started to get really interesting again!
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
September 19, 2014, 11:51:51 AM
Activity: 168
September 19, 2014, 11:45:27 AM
actually 2014 year is the best year for crypto. Sure the end of 2013 was gorgeous but it was just 1.5 months long. Before November 2013 world barely knew about bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: