Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk accounts - Ukraine - page 2. (Read 576 times)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850
March 08, 2022, 12:37:52 PM
I can only imagine one possible case if a lot of password/email are getting changed:
Putin will claim himself as Ukrainian and ask for donations for the Ukrain people and scam the BTC/ETH whatever he receives  Grin That won't be fair; I don't want to hand out my money to a scammer. Please restrict anyone from changing their email/password. Anyone can now claim as Ukrainian; who knows he is Putin or not  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
March 08, 2022, 11:50:07 AM
yes.

But again, I'm not that tech savvy to discuss it on a technical level. maybe it's not needed at all. I just suggested a discussion.

Theoretically not impossible; but if Putin wants to spread some propaganda, he'd focus on the likes of Facebook/Twitter/Reddit/Instagram/TikTok/etc, not some super niche early 2000s-style online forum.

I would not ignore this possibility, but we need to look at the bigger picture.
Maybe Putin wants to start their own NFT project with all war photos in there, so he needs shillers on Bicointalk, and it will be much more convincing if it works with Ukrainian accounts. the purpose of the project would be to help overcome the difficulties caused by economic sanctions.
Or even maybe there is a new government strategy with massive participation in bounty campaigns.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
March 08, 2022, 11:26:08 AM
Let's not get super paranoid, because this is not the first or the last conflict that is going to happen in the world.
There is nothing special with accounts from any country that was in war since bitcointalk forum existed, and we have a long list off all countries that were invaded.
Only way to identify account locstion in forum is with IP address, and that can easily change with vpn or Tor browser.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4085
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
March 08, 2022, 11:14:47 AM
Putin can control most of things in Russia because he is a dictator in his regime but he can not control things globally. Beyond Russia, Putin does not mean much but I see his dangerous unpredictable decisions. It's not only because he is used to be a KGB foreign intelligence officer but also because he obsesses with his power in Russia and thinks that he can do the same globally.

When the King is mad, nuked, people still say compliment. It is what dictators think they can enjoy but hey in the end of the day, dictators have to go to the hell, one way or another. Human civilization history proves it many times. How about this time, with Putin?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1775
March 08, 2022, 10:52:38 AM
If, @theymos sees the activity especially the Ukraine region account there is a mass change of Email and password, I don't think @theymos will let that happen, he will definitely make the rules even stricter with requirements that are not owned by Putin.

@Betwrong, what worries you about your complaint, where did you find the hoax news, did someone from the Russian department of information and technology say anything to you about Bitcointalk accounts, Account in Bitcointalk, not Missiles that can be controlled by putin.

I know war can make people, especially war-affected areas shaken and traumatized, but you have to be able to control yourself in this case, don't worry, your worries won't happen, @theymos, stronger than putin remember that.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
March 08, 2022, 10:28:32 AM
Not saying that they are necessarily bad guys, but I think it would be a good idea to not allow pwd and e-mail change until we will celebrate victory over Putin's zombies.
That would be a very heavy handed approach to a not so clear problem. Putin is not going to waste time to spread propaganda here on the forum, there are so many other platforms with a much wider audience than bitcointalk and even on those platforms, hacking a couple of accounts would not really affect the public information.

You could tag accounts you find to be spreading information and draw attention for other members to do same.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
March 08, 2022, 09:20:00 AM
yes.

But again, I'm not that tech savvy to discuss it on a technical level. maybe it's not needed at all. I just suggested a discussion.

Theoretically not impossible; but if Putin wants to spread some propaganda, he'd focus on the likes of Facebook/Twitter/Reddit/Instagram/TikTok/etc, not some super niche early 2000s-style online forum.

Bitcointalk isn't the place where propaganda can really get much power anyway.

Allowing discussion on propaganda is, especially with the more personal Russian ones, quite a good way to destroy it anyway.

The propaganda Russia releases speaks of a country split apart by other entities (even though it allowed itself to split and most of the splits brought on democratic systems - you can have problems with democracy but dictatorships are definitely worse).
Activity: 2226
Merit: 834
March 08, 2022, 08:20:26 AM
Buddy, there is no war, no Putin, stop seeing enemies everywhere.

Back in the covid days, we used to hear from half of the world that there is no covid, there is no disease but the deaths were real. Now again there is no war but people are dying or suffering because of these attacks.

The war may be unreal but the deaths are real  Sad
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
March 08, 2022, 07:55:15 AM
yes.

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
March 08, 2022, 07:46:11 AM
So what are you speculating that's happening here that would justify a temporary disabling of password and email changing? Putin stealing Ukranian Bitcointalk accounts to spread propaganda or something like that? LOL

~img

yes.

EDIT:

~
Everything is simple. The level of paranoia exceeds the level of the human mind.
Buddy, there is no war, no Putin, stop seeing enemies everywhere. All your passwords will remain safe only if you don't fuss. Solve problems as they come.

Being in Kyiv rn, I don't understand what you mean.

But, anyway, don't think we are panicking here. During all these days of russian rocket attacks on my city,  I never saw anyone panicking. People are calm and united as never before.

We can destroy the whole russian army on our land, have no doubt about that.

And maybe watch something other than russian propaganda, for a change.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
March 08, 2022, 07:42:05 AM
Guys, I'm not that tech savvy to suggest how to do it, but what I want to ask bitcointalk stuff, is to be very cautious with accounts from Ukraine that are trying to change password these days.

Not saying that they are necessarily bad guys, but I think it would be a good idea to not allow pwd and e-mail change until we will celebrate victory over Putin's zombies.

I don't get it. Why would Ukraine accounts will change the email/passwords associated with the bitcointalk?

By the way, there is no kyc here and the only way to know a Ukraine account or any country account is by its IP. If they use VPN, then its impossible to know the right location of the account.

Everything is simple. The level of paranoia exceeds the level of the human mind.
Buddy, there is no war, no Putin, stop seeing enemies everywhere. All your passwords will remain safe only if you don't fuss. Solve problems as they come.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
March 08, 2022, 07:39:32 AM
So what are you speculating that's happening here that would justify a temporary disabling of password and email changing? Putin stealing Ukranian Bitcointalk accounts to spread propaganda or something like that? LOL

Activity: 2226
Merit: 834
March 08, 2022, 07:17:59 AM
Guys, I'm not that tech savvy to suggest how to do it, but what I want to ask bitcointalk stuff, is to be very cautious with accounts from Ukraine that are trying to change password these days.

I don't get it. Why would Ukraine accounts will change the email/passwords associated with the bitcointalk?

By the way, there is no kyc here and the only way to know a Ukraine account or any country account is by its IP. If they use VPN, then its impossible to know the right location of the account.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
March 08, 2022, 07:02:32 AM

Pages:
Jump to: