Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk hacked and data for sale on dark web? - page 2. (Read 2646 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012
Those datas are from one year old hack, so if you haven't opened account before than nothing to worry about. And even possibility of anyone gonna know your real password out of that sha256 encrypted passwords is really low. However changing password if you are in list of those hack accounts is always advised.
So this is not a second one? I heard there was one last year and then there are ddos attack just two days ago and yesterday. So I thought this was a new set of mined data from this new hack job during those attacks.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
No, I wouldn't trust such an offer. Most hacked BTC DB offers is no more than a scam attempt and most offers on the dark web is fake anyway. So, why would I trust a hacked DB offer on the dark web? Regular account security review is advised to everyone, though.
Activity: 758
Merit: 606
It also seems like a good idea to "sign" your account in the way Theymos mentioned, just in case your account ever did get hacked.  That way you could get your account back.  Some of you guys have worked really hard to build your reputation here.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Those datas are from one year old hack, so if you haven't opened account before than nothing to worry about. And even possibility of anyone gonna know your real password out of that sha256 encrypted passwords is really low. However changing password if you are in list of those hack accounts is always advised.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
Well this alarming.

"You may have heard of the phrase ”It’s raining cats and dogs” but in the world of cyber security, it’s raining data! Yes, a couple of hours ago HackRead reported that a vendor going by the handle of “DoubleFlag” is selling 68 million emails and hashed passwords of Dropbox users on a dark web marketplace. Now, the same vendor is offering the database of BitcoinTalk.org, a known Bitcoin forum."

We are only going to see more and more of these kind of reports. Cyber threats are increasingly common as more and more criminals dive into it.

Make sure you always keep your stuff updated and never reuse passwords, use random passwords and enable 2fa whereever you can. Especially your e-mail account should be extremely secure, as when they get access to that, all your accounts are basically compromised due to password recovery.

The 2015 hack, was that the one after which everybody was forced to change passwords, or is it a different one?
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Well this alarming.

"You may have heard of the phrase ”It’s raining cats and dogs” but in the world of cyber security, it’s raining data! Yes, a couple of hours ago HackRead reported that a vendor going by the handle of “DoubleFlag” is selling 68 million emails and hashed passwords of Dropbox users on a dark web marketplace. Now, the same vendor is offering the database of BitcoinTalk.org, a known Bitcoin forum."
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Yeah it's real but you didn't have any data on the server at the time of the hack so there is nothing for you to worry about. I think it's unlikely they'll actually be able to do anything with that data anyway, people who created their accounts before the hack should just change their passwords and consider enabling 2FA on their email accounts.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Hi, I saw this article but found nothing with the search. It's fake or should we worry?

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/hacked-bitcointalk-org-user-data-goes-up-for-sale-on-dark-web/

I'm lucky because I wasn't here on 2015, but I think I should say something at least, just to be sure.
Pages:
Jump to: